Started by sam03/05, November 25, 2007, 06:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Candyman on November 28, 2007, 12:43:51 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on November 28, 2007, 12:37:32 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on November 27, 2007, 08:28:05 PM
Quote from: corn02 on November 25, 2007, 07:11:12 PM
What is your point?

Point being Corn is that i remember the up roar from the Orchard men castigating large
Joe for playing him on the county team "when he doesn't even warrant a place on the Cross team"
Then to get a mention in the same sentence as the loss of Francie and co being detrimental to their success
was a little confusing, that's all.

I have to say here that when people use the argument about SK not even being first choice with his Club at number 11, then they are being a wee bit disengenuous. SK is not first choice because the best number 11 in the County also plays for the same Club, i.e. John McEntee. John McEntee would still be playing for the County if he had not chosen to retire at the start of this year.
Rufus old buddy, old pal... ;)
I have to disagree with part of your post...
You are right about the whole John Mac playing number 11 but surely if SK is good enough to warrant a place on the Armagh starting line-up he should be taking the place of say Martin (Fish)Aherne(sp?) in the cross half forward line???

Candyman my old china!  I didn't say SK was good enough to warrant a place on the starting line up!   ;)

Candyman

I know I know, lets not go on like POG & Snowed Under!!!  :P
I do have a point though (which has been raised a number of times on the board...)

orangeman

I'd love to see the Mc Entees back again for Armagh - class footballers and nice lads too.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Candyman on November 28, 2007, 01:05:49 PM
I do have a point though (which has been raised a number of times on the board...)

:D :D POG and my fellow Harps  man Snowed Under!   :D :D

Yes, you do have a point - I don't like to get involved in the SK argument as, regardless of the lad's right/ablity to play for Armagh, I do have genuine sympathy for the predicament he finds himself in and the fact that this predicament is the root of so much heated debate and anger.

Candyman

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on November 28, 2007, 01:09:55 PM

Yes, you do have a point - I don't like to get involved in the SK argument as, regardless of the lad's right/ablity to play for Armagh, I do have genuine sympathy for the predicament he finds himself in and the fact that this predicament is the root of so much heated debate and anger.
correcto!!!  ;D

Snowed Under

You're sure of that Rufus?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Snowed Under on November 28, 2007, 03:15:41 PM

You're sure of that Rufus?

Well if the criterion is payment of membership, then I am not so sure!   ;)

Snowed Under

Pat Molloy correct for once. BTW i'd always like to see the Harps win.

bigfrank

any word on teams or scorers???

Smokin Joe

Quote from: SouthDerryGael on September 05, 2009, 08:52:15 PM
I guess Ronan Clarke must have did the business?

No, Ronan Clarke only scored 1 or 2 points.  The better team win a tight game 7 points to 4.

Plus Pearse Ogs were denied a certain penalty half way thru the 2nd half.

Schkite

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: seanaglis on November 27, 2007, 10:21:48 PM
I remember playing against cross in the minors a few years ago and they had a full-back was one of the best players i ever played against, Willie clarke. He was brilliant - why is he not on the cross panel? Peter Rogers was playing too, what happened to him? Can BCB1 answer this?

I can - drink and women!!

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: Armagh Exile on November 25, 2007, 06:17:56 PM
Crossmaglen have played in 22 finals - not counting replays - and have never lost.
12 Armagh
6 Ulster
4 All-Irelands
They are the greatest club team ever and are worthy of this thread.
Congratulations to them on their latest win.  When you consider they played the last two games without Francie, John D, Cathal and a still not fully fit Stephen they are just a awesome side.

That must have been a different cross that lost last years all-ireland final then!!! idiots!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.