Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 18, 2021, 08:09:56 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 17, 2021, 11:37:30 PM

Full size Titanic replica being built inland in China. Let's hope they use proper rivets.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/watch-full-size-titanic-replica-being-built-for-chinese-theme-park-40436859.html

At least she won't sink....

Providing its doubled skinned and the the baulkheads are built up to the top of the ceiling instead of 3/4's it'll be grand
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

armaghniac

I doubt if they'll leave a coal fire burning in the replica and people will be able to phone for help and not bother with flares.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-57169541

A couple of generations ago, someone like this would be carted off to the funny farm.

johnnycool

Quote from: BennyCake on May 19, 2021, 02:58:43 PM

A couple of generations ago, someone like this would be carted off to the funny farm.

Yep and so were single mothers isolated from society, but we've wised to f**k up, well some of us anyway.

ardtole

Quote from: johnnycool on May 19, 2021, 03:20:58 PM

Yep and so were single mothers isolated from society, but we've wised to f**k up, well some of us anyway.

Id like to think of myself as open minded, but I really do struggle to understand this gender fluid stuff.

I heard of some celebrities in recent years saying they would let their children choose their own gender ( Paloma Faith I think).

I just cant get my head around it.

johnnycool

Quote from: ardtole on May 19, 2021, 04:13:35 PM

Id like to think of myself as open minded, but I really do struggle to understand this gender fluid stuff.

I heard of some celebrities in recent years saying they would let their children choose their own gender ( Paloma Faith I think).

I always think about the impact this and anything else would impact upon me and my daily life and like gay marriages and various other binary/non binary and whatever LGBTQ+ people wish to be defined and most of the time it's zero, so fire away I say.

BennyCake

I would say it won't be long until we see the non-binary Olympics, and such events.

I've always wondered what if I wanted to be identified as a donkey? Would I be pandered to, or carted off to the nut house? Could I demand that all public places have separate toilets for us donkeys?

And more importantly, would I qualify for DLA?

Angelo

Quote from: BennyCake on May 19, 2021, 04:46:13 PM
I would say it won't be long until we see the non-binary Olympics, and such events.

I've always wondered what if I wanted to be identified as a donkey? Would I be pandered to, or carted off to the nut house? Could I demand that all public places have separate toilets for us donkeys?

And more importantly, would I qualify for DLA?

Not sure but you would probably become eligible to play for Derry.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: johnnycool on May 19, 2021, 04:26:03 PM

I always think about the impact this and anything else would impact upon me and my daily life and like gay marriages and various other binary/non binary and whatever LGBTQ+ people wish to be defined and most of the time it's zero, so fire away I say.

What I don't understand is why these so-called celebs think we give a f**k about their lives and make these announcements as if they are somehow more important than the rest of us. I couldn't give two shites what anyone else whats to do with their lives. I've enough to worry about in my own life and that of my family so I just get on with that.

"It's just that the farm takes up most of the day, and at night, I like to have a cup of tea. I mightn't be able to devote myself full-time to following other peoples life choices."

GiveItToTheShooters

They still should be.
Attention seekers (whose lift doesn't go all the way to the top) is all they are.

J70

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on May 19, 2021, 05:14:28 PM

What I don't understand is why these so-called celebs think we give a f**k about their lives and make these announcements as if they are somehow more important than the rest of us. I couldn't give two shites what anyone else whats to do with their lives. I've enough to worry about in my own life and that of my family so I just get on with that.

"It's just that the farm takes up most of the day, and at night, I like to have a cup of tea. I mightn't be able to devote myself full-time to following other peoples life choices."

If enough people DIDN'T give a shit what other people did with their lives, and lived and let live, then a lot of the problems LGBTQ people face and have faced, both inside and outside of the home, wouldn't exist and advocacy would never have been necessary.

Unfortunately, that is not the case.

Orior

Quote from: J70 on May 19, 2021, 05:24:55 PM

If enough people DIDN'T give a shit what other people did with their lives, and lived and let live, then a lot of the problems LGBTQ people face and have faced, both inside and outside of the home, wouldn't exist and advocacy would never have been necessary.

Can the same be said about Hilter? Enough people didn't tell him to wise the fook up.

(Above statement is not an endorsement of either side, but shows how stupid people can start whole movements)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

J70

Quote from: Orior on May 19, 2021, 05:36:19 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 19, 2021, 05:24:55 PM

Can the same be said about Hilter? Enough people didn't tell him to wise the fook up.

(Above statement is not an endorsement of either side, but shows how stupid people can start whole movements)

Seriously??

Hitler??

Never mind (leaving aside where it all led) that Hitler was preaching hate, intolerance and racial superiority, rousing people up against minorities who were different, whereas LGBTQ people just want the right to live their lives, free from such intolerance, discrimination and condemnation.