7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

ned

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 16, 2021, 06:58:19 AM
Quote from: ned on December 16, 2021, 12:37:13 AM
Quote from: michaelg on December 15, 2021, 10:19:56 PM
Quote from: clarshack on December 15, 2021, 10:04:33 PM
10 men beat 12 men!
Did the 12th man not play about 10 mins added time?

No. Again coming out with nonsense.

Aye at least 8 anyway. Definitely helped Celtic.

Wasn't 8 either.  Helped Celtic? Two teams playing, one with 10 men.

clarshack

10 men beat 12 men!

Did you watch the game?

When was the last time a Rangers player was sent off in Scotland?

RedHand88

10 men beat 12 men!

Sorry. 7 minutes of added time, just enough for Celtic to find a winner. Handy that.
I've also seen ones complain about the second yellow. It's a clear a yellow as you're ever likely to see.

lenny

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 16, 2021, 09:29:41 AM
10 men beat 12 men!

Sorry. 7 minutes of added time, just enough for Celtic to find a winner. Handy that.
I've also seen ones complain about the second yellow. It's a clear a yellow as you're ever likely to see.

Did you watch the game? Starfelt was down getting treatment for at least 5 minutes after being elbowed in the nose. The physio couldn't get the blood stopped. For getting elbowed in the nose starfelt got his first yellow card. There were 3 subs for each side also so when the ref said 6 minutes extra that was clearly an underestimation of what it should've been. Completely ignorant comments from you.

RedHand88

Quote from: lenny on December 16, 2021, 09:43:01 AM
10 men beat 12 men!

Did you watch the game? Starfelt was down getting treatment for at least 5 minutes after being elbowed in the nose. The physio couldn't get the blood stopped. For getting elbowed in the nose starfelt got his first yellow card. There were 3 subs for each side also so when the ref said 6 minutes extra that was clearly an underestimation of what it should've been. Completely ignorant comments from you.

He wasn't deliverately elbowed. I've watched it a hundred times and the 2 of them go up for a high ball and come together. It's unfortunate and unlucky but no way is it deliberate. The Ross County lad can't even see him, he has his back to him!

He didn't get a yellow card for being elbowed in the nose, he got a yellow card for dissent.

lenny

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 16, 2021, 10:10:41 AM
Quote from: lenny on December 16, 2021, 09:43:01 AM
10 men beat 12 men!

He wasn't deliverately elbowed. I've watched it a hundred times and the 2 of them go up for a high ball and come together. It's unfortunate and unlucky but no way is it deliberate. The Ross County lad can't even see him, he has his back to him!

He didn't get a yellow card for being elbowed in the nose, he got a yellow card for dissent.

So if you watched it 100 times you'd be fairly confident that the ref was justified in adding on at least 6 minutes of additional time. In fact he could've added on a couple of minutes more easily. That's why your pointed comment about the time added on suggests you have some kind of agenda. Very strange.

Milltown Row2

I'd be more worried about playing the worse team in the league and only managing to win in the dying seconds of injury time, regardless of a player being sent off with 10 minutes to go
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lenny

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 16, 2021, 11:13:17 AM
I'd be more worried about playing the worse team in the league and only managing to win in the dying seconds of injury time, regardless of a player being sent off with 10 minutes to go

Fair point but with no fit strikers available and in the circumstances of being level deep in injury time with 10 men it's a fantastic result. To win a league every team will get wins like this when everything seems to be going wrong and they still eke out the result.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lenny on December 16, 2021, 11:37:37 AM

Fair point but with no fit strikers available and in the circumstances of being level deep in injury time with 10 men it's a fantastic result. To win a league every team will get wins like this when everything seems to be going wrong and they still eke out the result.

I'd them in my treble and was convinced they were bate till way later in the night, so I was pleased enough, but grinding out results is sometimes what it takes away from home.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Quote from: lenny on December 16, 2021, 11:37:37 AM

Injury list

Jullien
McCarthy
Kyogo
Jota
GG
Ajeti
Forrest
Johnston
Soro

started with Scales first league start a LB at LW a R B at RW and a winger playing CF, id take any kind of win regardless of who we were playing. Just had to win and did, hopefully few injuries clear up and few new ones in in Jan and kick on, squad is out on its arse at the min and running on fumes

ned

Additional time is minimum the ref will play. It is usual to allow termination of match when any attacking phase is over.
Celtic benefited as we scored a goal, could have gone against as easily. 6 minutes was more than justified. Starfelt was treated for at least 5 minutes, there was 6 substitutions and several fouls, etc.

Main Street

Celtic have far too many profile players who are injury prone in their squad, there's Forrest, Rogic, Biton and then they buy McCarthy the most injury prone Irish international since Keith O'Neill. Julien is a feckin' nightmare, the very definition of the 'luxury player', if he's not picking up year long injuries he's picking up covid. Mikey Johnston's on his 9th life, it must be his last chance to make it at this level before he injures himself yet again.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

From the Bunker

Quote from: Orior on December 20, 2021, 12:34:38 AM
Good win by Celtic today

Yes, a Mickey Mouse Trophy. But it's was there to be won and mission accomplished! Rangers have not won this Trophy since 2010/11.

Main Street

The online football magazine 442 did an article on the 100 best stadiums in Britain.
Not suprisingly Celtic Park  was at the  top  but only at  nr.2 to Ibrox which was nr1
Apart from that incredible misplacement,  that the top 2 places went to Glasgow was no surprise. .

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-the-100-best-football-stadiums-grounds-britain-uk-england-scotland-wales