Armagh - The Postmortem and The Future

Started by AFS, July 30, 2008, 07:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

Goh - When have you ever seen me defend a Dublin player if they have struck anyone and got sent off or should have got sent off???? Battle of Omagh i clearly said the Dublin players should not appeal and take the suspensions, after the Meath game I said the same, after whelan struck Crawford against Meath I said he was lucky not to get sent off......don't remember any specific Casey incidents but if you strike you go no matter who you play for and I have no problem with that....

Pints - Yet he still went down from a simple tap as if he was shot but you say if anyone touches you it is ok to fall to the ground feigning injury and then complain when Forde etc do the same??.....So McDonnell struck 2 Wexford players little taps in the face yesterday so no doubt he should have gone, Bellew did the same to Forde so no doubt he should have gone....

JMohan

Quote from: Arthur on August 10, 2008, 10:51:49 AM
Quote from: JMohan on August 10, 2008, 10:34:46 AM
Never would have seen Peter as Joe's puppet - I would have thought Rafferty might have been if anyone would have

Your completely deluded then!

Not deluded gasun .... I was just asking ... I don't know ....

smcafee

take your points talks like a school kid.must think that football was invented in 1999.

JMohan

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 10, 2008, 11:11:55 AM
Goh - When have you ever seen me defend a Dublin player if they have struck anyone and got sent off or should have got sent off???? Battle of Omagh i clearly said the Dublin players should not appeal and take the suspensions, after the Meath game I said the same, after whelan struck Crawford against Meath I said he was lucky not to get sent off......don't remember any specific Casey incidents but if you strike you go no matter who you play for and I have no problem with that....

Pints - Yet he still went down from a simple tap as if he was shot but you say if anyone touches you it is ok to fall to the ground feigning injury and then complain when Forde etc do the same??.....So McDonnell struck 2 Wexford players little taps in the face yesterday so no doubt he should have gone, Bellew did the same to Forde so no doubt he should have gone....

Bellew never hit Forde - what match were you at?

Mind you not many would have been sorry to see him do it either.

Uladh

A very disappointing day for armagh though not totally unexpected to be fair. i suspect McDonnell sees 2008 as a great learning year for himself and the likes of moriarty, vernon, the kernans, toner, etc. unfortunately i think the rebuilding really only starts now. i'd imagine McGrane, o'rourke and bellew will be gone and thats basically the spine of the team. ironically, McGrane and O'Rourke were excellent yesterday and not a bad personal note for them both to go out on. they've served armagh well over the years.

onwards and upwards - ulster champions again and a good young squad wuth all ireland potential in the next 3 years.

by the way, wexford are a very good team and this patronising shite of a shock result and wexford have had a great year to be this far does them a great disservice. they are live all ireland contenders.

pintsofguinness

Bellew got an arm in the face against Cavan - how anyone can describe it as a tap is beyond me - go out and get somenoe to surprise you with an arm in the face and we'll see how you react  ::)
Regardless of whether you think Francie shouldnt have felt a thing the cavan player struck and was going anyway - striking is a red card offence. 

take your points talks like a school kid.must think that football was invented in 1999.
:D 
He's comments are clearly out of your league if that's the best you can respond with.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Sam Maguire - today
I actually come from a successful county with a great record and plenty of silverware so get yours facts right.

Sam Magure -  January 15, 2007, 05:05:37 PM
QuoteCounty - originally from Cork, but I have had alot of inter-county transfers over the years. I did have a sustained period in Kerry in the late seventies and early eighties but then had to up sticks and move to Offaly.

Club - I'm not a very loyal clubman either. I usually transfer every year on the club front as well. I am currently a club member of Dromid Pearse in Co Kerry.

A real GAA man.

Sam Maguire

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 10, 2008, 11:30:28 AM
Sam Maguire - today
I actually come from a successful county with a great record and plenty of silverware so get yours facts right.

QuoteCounty - originally from Cork, but I have had alot of inter-county transfers over the years. I did have a sustained period in Kerry in the late seventies and early eighties but then had to up sticks and move to Offaly.

Club - I'm not a very loyal clubman either. I usually transfer every year on the club front as well. I am currently a club member of Dromid Pearse in Co Kerry.

A real GAA man.

Yes a true Gael. I like to preach my gospel throughout Ireland and beyond. surely this is a good thing to try and develop the game throughout the country Pints?

pintsofguinness

Yeah, you embody the ethos and spirit of the GAA alright.

goh4205

Quote from: Uladh on August 10, 2008, 11:24:02 AM
A very disappointing day for armagh though not totally unexpected to be fair. i suspect McDonnell sees 2008 as a great learning year for himself and the likes of moriarty, vernon, the kernans, toner, etc. unfortunately i think the rebuilding really only starts now. i'd imagine McGrane, o'rourke and bellew will be gone and thats basically the spine of the team. ironically, McGrane and O'Rourke were excellent yesterday and not a bad personal note for them both to go out on. they've served armagh well over the years.

onwards and upwards - ulster champions again and a good young squad wuth all ireland potential in the next 3 years.

by the way, wexford are a very good team and this patronising shite of a shock result and wexford have had a great year to be this far does them a great disservice. they are live all ireland contenders.
It is pretty easy to look good when you have no to mark as said previous.  McGrane was on his own & I don't think he should retire, he has another left in him i think.  Regarding McConville I think the Armagh supporters don't realise it, but it will be a very long time before they have his likes again.  They only come round in a life time and for the management to treat him like they have this year was a disgrace.  If they didn't want him, why didn't they tell him at the start of the year, if one was cynical you would think they did this to embarrass or humiliate the guy.  real shame to see this guy go in the manner he has.

goh4205

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 10, 2008, 11:30:28 AM
Sam Maguire - today

A real GAA man.

Good lad pints, you have some pedigree already Sam to take about anyone ;)

Orior

Still gutted by yesterdays result.

I agreed TYP's analysis, which suggests that Armagh did play well, but it all went wrong in the last 20 minutes when the half back line and sweeper went missing. We were also done out of at least 5 minutes playing time by that idiot of a referee. Yeah, Wexford did do an awful lot of cheating but if our half forwards had contribted more to the scoring we would have been out of sight. A good first year for Peter McDonnell and the search goes on now for replacements.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Shortso79

Very dissappointed after yesterdays game - Armagh didn't perform .....

Fair Play to Wexford !

Stayed on for the second game - what a game it was too !

Took me nearly four hours to get home last night - roads fllooded everywhere - diversions were taken you back into more flooded roads.

It was unbelieveable !

Actually took me 2 1/2 hours to get to Malahide.

By the sounds of things I was very lucky - hearing reports that fans returned to their cars flooded and had to stay overnight in Dublin .....  people sleeping in Hotel receptions....

God help anyone trying to get a flight from Dublin Airport yesterday afternoon and evening ...

Did anyone see Jones Road behind the hogan stand ?

smcafee

i love seeing armagh people crying about the way wexford played.

the chickens have come home to roost. :D :D :D :D :D

cluck.cluck.cluck. ;D ;D ;D ;D

boro

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 10, 2008, 10:59:56 AM
Quote from: Sam Maguire on August 10, 2008, 10:20:19 AM
Also stop seeing Forde and Francie through all your Armagh glasses. Bellew was obviously giving Forde shit throughout the game for him to react like that. Dont know if any of you spotted it but one time the camera zoomed in on them you clearly see Forde react in pain to something Bellew must have done - probably stand on his toes - when both were standing right beside each other.

Francie is not the sort of person to give the verbals, he has hearty nearby for that stupid carry on.  He is tough, uncompromising and has little regard for his own safety in going for the ball.  If will take to crap from his opponent and will not standby when he is being annoyed by him.  He made some great clearances and showed a willingness to carry the ball out of defence.  Anyone who knows about football has respect for Francie, unlike our friend "Sam Maguire" who has just crawled out of the woodwork to sneer at Armagh's defeat when he comes from a county of under-achievers at club and county level.

Forde is a dirty player, shown by his record at club and county level.  He is known to have walked on his opponent and at one point yesterday he tangled with Francie in the first half leaving both of them on the ground just 30 yards out, he got up first and Francie was forced to protect himself while Frode trailed his leg over him as he turned to walk over Franice on the ground, Russell stood a few yards away and saw what happened giving Wexford another 10m closer for a free.

Even the Wexford supporters were embarrassed by the diving, feigining of injury and the soft frees given by Russell.

Your some gimp, those lemons your eating must taste awful bitter. As a Wexford man I can tell ye we never as proud of Matty as we were yesterday. Armagh talking about dirty players?, did you ever hear the expression: people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.