Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

I checked the fixtures there and true enough it has us down to play Crossmaglen on the 6th April (senior and reserve) Well what do ya know. We are not entering a 2nd team just the usual B team so not sure where that leaves us or the fixtures...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

High Catch

Would there be many clubs with 30+ players each Sunday?

I can't see it working.

pats-mc

I hope that it works as it will give a number of guys a game who would normally be warming the bench on a sunday with their senior side. Some fellas have been subs for a number of years and because they are part of a senior panel may not be allowed to play regular b-football on a wed night.At least this guarantees they will get a game on a sunday. problems will arise with Friday night fixtures and refixtures. I wonder who will be refereeing though or will we have the pleasure of big Sam etc for two games on a Sunday

Real1995

Boys a few of you ave it wrong in regards to this reserve league...was at the county board meeting and any player can play for the seconds even a county player for example who is coming back from injury...the first 15 only implies to championship...the first two league games will be the tester to see wil teams field, but personally, i tink the reserve game should be after the senior one
Nice guys always finish second!

bennydorano

You have picked that up wrong Real1995 the first 15 rule definitely applies to the B league. 

As regards the B Championship anyone who has not played in the senior, Int or Junior championship in the current or previous year can play B championship.  We were in a situation last year were Collie Holmes was eligible for the B championship!

under the bar

Anyone hear that a high profile ex-Armagh player is on the verge of bankruptcy due to his property dealings?  Lots of men in the same boat I know but a press associate says a pro-brit sunday rag is about to out the story.

Uladh

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

KIDDO 4

Donegal 1.11, Armagh 0.10 , in  the Ulster u21 championship this afternoon  , with the winners playing Derry in the Ulster  semi final.

qub la la la

a sloppy goal in first half from a high ball in made all the difference. armagh could have won the game but for long periods there was too little movement up front. forker, carragher and o'rourke were the only ones really showing up front. hanratty played rightly out round the middle. mcgaughey hardly touched leather at all and wasnt changed until the last few minutes. maybe benny should have put himself on, he spent as just as much time on the field as the players. the defense played well except for conceding the sloppy goal right at the start. ref gave some comical decisions in donegals favour. that said down look the team to beat this year and on todays display they would be good enough to take either team.

Uladh

i hear there was a bit of fisticuffs at the 7s... anyone at it?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Uladh on March 23, 2008, 06:15:39 PM

i hear there was a bit of fisticuffs at the 7s... anyone at it?

Why don't you tell us what you heard?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Uladh

well that'd be unsubstantiated hearsay, wouldn't it. i much prefer being able to blame other people for that.... but i heard cross and clans had a couple of battles with new county panellist john murtagh getting a straight red for kicking....

Armagh Exile

Quotewell that'd be unsubstantiated hearsay, wouldn't it. i much prefer being able to blame other people for that.... but i heard cross and clans had a couple of battles with new county panellist john murtagh getting a straight red for kicking....

John Murtagh on the County Panel - You have got to be joking.  :o

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Armagh Exile on March 23, 2008, 09:26:42 PM
Quotewell that'd be unsubstantiated hearsay, wouldn't it. i much prefer being able to blame other people for that.... but i heard cross and clans had a couple of battles with new county panellist john murtagh getting a straight red for kicking....

John Murtagh on the County Panel - You have got to be joking.  :o

Jeeze exile not like you to make a comment like that.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?