Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Napolean on January 17, 2008, 10:08:54 AM
Illdecide, Now what club r u from?? Im just curious, i have been reading ur posts over the past few weeks, it seems like you should be the one bringing Armagh through this transitional period !!!!

Well i have been known to bring a few teams along and McDonnell could do worse that take me along side him ;) :D

Blue is the colour, that will limit your guess to what club I'm from ;) If you read back a bit further it will reveal all. there is no need for sarcasm during your process of loosing your virginity on the board. i was just stating fact that a lad who is not very good IMO (club or inter county) should be given another chance at the age of 28-29. If you don't agree thats fine thats what the board is for "discussion"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Napolean

Quote from: illdecide on January 17, 2008, 11:20:01 AM
Illdecide, Now what club r u from?? Im just curious, i have been reading ur posts over the past few weeks, it seems like you should be the one bringing Armagh through this transitional period !!!!

Well i have been known to bring a few teams along and McDonnell could do worse that take me along side him ;) :D

Blue is the colour, that will limit your guess to what club I'm from ;) If you read back a bit further it will reveal all. there is no need for sarcasm during your process of loosing your virginity on the board. i was just stating fact that a lad who is not very good IMO (club or inter county) should be given another chance at the age of 28-29. If you don't agree thats fine thats what the board is for "discussion"

I have to laugh at this cyber Bravado u try and portray illdecide, I think the expexctation levels within armagh are too high, whenever a team had been together for years ( i.e 2002 ), there is going to come a time whenever the backbone to that team moves on or retires, so then its back to the drawings board to select and build on the talent that is coming through!!!!! And so its begins all over again, to try and get a bunch of fellas all wanting the same goal and are prepared to sacrifice anything, Sometimes especially on this site, supposed Armagh gaels think its there god given right to expect silverware year in year out!!! It really doesn't work like that!!!

thebandit

You have to remeber too that there will be a few call-ups from Cross, young McKenna will strengthen the midfield options

full back

Quote from: Napolean on January 17, 2008, 11:33:01 AM
I have to laugh at this cyber Bravado u try and portray illdecide,

::)
You could accuse many other posters of this but not illdecide

Uladh

Quote from: thebandit on January 17, 2008, 11:34:08 AM
You have to remeber too that there will be a few call-ups from Cross, young McKenna will strengthen the midfield options

i don't he'll county at senior level yet. he has a fair bit of developing to do. the likes of lavery and o'neill have been far better at club level and they'd be well behind mcgrane and loughran in my book.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Uladh on January 17, 2008, 11:53:04 AM
Quote from: thebandit on January 17, 2008, 11:34:08 AM

i don't he'll county at senior level yet. he has a fair bit of developing to do. the likes of lavery and o'neill have been far better at club level and they'd be well behind mcgrane and loughran in my book.

I would definitely put James Lavery ahead of Loughran.
"Stercus accidit"

ardmhaca08

Quote from: Legs11 on January 16, 2008, 06:59:46 PM
Kevin.

i just think theres better forwards in the county but am sure dennis hollywood would have a big say in that matter!

Have to disagree with you legs!! Dennis Hollywood is a coach for the armagh senior panel therefore would have no say in the picking of the team.  ::) So who are the better forwards in the county apart from the obvious mcdonnell, clarke? IMO opinion Kevin O'Rourke is a gutsy wee footballer, who tries really hard and as for the amount of tracking back he does. He's showing better than any forward at the minute. And has tried hard in the three mckenna cup games when he was given the chance. Agree with you QUB on the U21s also!

gander

I would put Toner ahead of Lavery as well though, seen him a right rew times last year and he was great.  Although I dont know when he's coming back from Austrailia or where he'll be playing.

ardmhaca08

Was actually talking to a lad from Granemore last night and he was sayin toner loves it out there and wont be returning for another while yet! dunno how true that is. But he would be a great boost this year. Went down last nite to watch u21 game in louth. Some promising footballers coming up through. However it was hard to tell last night as Peter was making loads of changes obviously just to try different lads out.

bennydorano

Paul Courtney could turn out to be the best MF option of our current young hopefuls(probably teh most under rated), very good last night v Antrim for QUB, I hope he gets a run inthe NFL, is he still U21 this year?

Imposerous

Benny, did Vernon play last night?  (sorry for dublicating the Q from the mainpage)

illdecide

I have to laugh at this cyber Bravado u try and portray illdecide, I think the expexctation levels within armagh are too high, whenever a team had been together for years ( i.e 2002 ), there is going to come a time whenever the backbone to that team moves on or retires, so then its back to the drawings board to select and build on the talent that is coming through!!!!! And so its begins all over again, to try and get a bunch of fellas all wanting the same goal and are prepared to sacrifice anything, Sometimes especially on this site, supposed Armagh gaels think its there god given right to expect silverware year in year out!!! It really doesn't work like that!!!

Well then Napolean you just go ahead and have a laugh ;) :D :D cause i'm having one too :D :D. If you read my post correct then you'd know that i had/have nothing against the young ones getting their chance how else would we find out if they can cut it or not, it's the elder folk that i disagree with getting their chance who have already been tried before and failed and are not even good club players. I wolud say most people on the board would agree with that.

So wind your neck in son ::) ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Imposerous

Just spotted this report on Hogan.  Benny, I presume from your report Courtney was more impressive at mid-field than Vernon?
Queen's impressed as they rattled over a total of nine points.  I see O'Rourke got 2 pts.

Queen's make Antrim bow the knee
17 January 2008

Queen's University, Belfast gave Antrim's footballers a lesson when steering their way to a deserved 0-16 to 1-11 Dr. McKenna Cup win at Casement Park.

The result propelled Queen's level with Cavan at the top of the group but they miss out on scoring average.

Antrim did most of their best work during a two minute blitz when they notched 1-3 with Conor Murray netting in fine style to help them on their way to a 1-7 to 0-7 half-tie lead.

On the resumption, Murray added another point but Antrim's form then took a nosedive which was in stark contrast to Queen's sterling finish to the game.

Queen's - F Murphy, N Bogue, L Howard, H Gallagher, D O'Neill, J O'Kane, J Crozier 0-1, C Vernon 0-1, P Courtney 0-1, A Gallagher, M O'Rourke 0-2, G McGinn 0-1, P McComiskey 0-6, K Kelly 0-2, M Ward 0-1. Subs - J Grimley for O'Rourke, S Burke for O'Neill, J Ireland 0-1 for Gallagher, R O'Neill for Ward.

Antrim - J Finucane, T Scullion, P Doherty, A McLean, P Close 0-1, S Kelly, T Convery, J Quinn, K McGourty 0-1, T O'Neill, M McCann 0-4, G Crossey 0-1, C Murray 1-2, C Totten, N Doyle 0-1. Subs - P Cpnlon for McLean, C McGoldrick for Convery, D O'Hagan for Clone, N McKeever for McGourty.

Napolean

Quote from: illdecide on January 17, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Well then Napolean you just go ahead and have a laugh ;) :D :D cause i'm having one too :D :D. If you read my post correct then you'd know that i had/have nothing against the young ones getting their chance how else would we find out if they can cut it or not, it's the elder folk that i disagree with getting their chance who have already been tried before and failed and are not even good club players. I wolud say most people on the board would agree with that.

So wind your neck in son ::) ::)

Illdecide, in your well respected opinion, could you tell me what u think constitutes a good club player??? Because in all honestly i think you haven't got a clue!!

Broken_Cross

For those of you had had £7 on Sunday, should Paul Carville have been wearing an orange jersey?