Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

True, percentages say eventually Cross will be beaten and you can always say..."I told you so".

Clans v Clann Eireann moved to Sat night due to a bereavement at the Clans. Match now at Wolf Tones for 5:00 throw in.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Soup an Samajiz

Maghery destroying a poor team again, this time in Granemore, now face the big test in the Rangers. I would actually fancy Maghery to get the better of them but does anyone in Armagh actually give them a chance?
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

illdecide

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on September 18, 2015, 11:56:40 AM
Maghery destroying a poor team again, this time in Granemore, now face the big test in the Rangers. I would actually fancy Maghery to get the better of them but does anyone in Armagh actually give them a chance?

I do Soup...no chance. :P

Ach in fairness if any team in Armagh can beat Cross it will be Harps or Maghery, any other team are beat before the match starts. I think they'll put it up to them for a while and then Cross will grind out a 3-4 pt win...but BC1 will tell you they're there for the taking ;)

general_lee

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on September 18, 2015, 11:56:40 AM
Ordinarily you would because on paper Maghery are a good side. But like what always happens when teams are fancied to beat cross they either shit themselves (nab, harps) or they get close enough and bring them to a replay only to get properly bate (Cullyhanna, Dromintee, etc). If Maghery are to have any chance they'll have to stop cross dictating the pace of the game which is in itself a massive ask. Cross play with great tempo and the last time an Armagh team dictated v cross was 2009. If Maghery are able to stop cross getting a good start early on and themselves getting a few early scores then they've every chance. If they freeze at the beginning like most teams do then they're fooked, even if cross are minus the piano player

general_lee

Bit of boxing in the intermediate semi tonight after a drab affair between Grange and Whitecross. County board investigating further and censoring all discussion on the armagh forum! Few Grange men need to have a look at themselves! Whitecross goading them after them losing the rag! Hard to look past Clann Éireann to win the final after demolishing Madden..

Throw ball

Quote from: general_lee on September 18, 2015, 11:00:21 PM
Bit of boxing in the intermediate semi tonight after a drab affair between Grange and Whitecross. County board investigating further and censoring all discussion on the armagh forum! Few Grange men need to have a look at themselves! Whitecross goading them after them losing the rag! Hard to look past Clann Éireann to win the final after demolishing Madden..

Only thing worse than a sore loser is an ungracious winner.

Clann Eireann looked very good. Some useful players. If they play to form the cup should be heading back to Lurgan.

general_lee

Quote from: Throw ball on September 19, 2015, 01:51:36 AM

Clann Eireann looked very good. Some useful players. If they play to form the cup should be heading back to Lurgan.
Well we had both on show last night... not even sure it was a penalty but that was the catalyst for all the fighting that followed. Ethan Rafferty is an utter tool and I'm sure regrets his actions. Expect better from a county player. Never seen a team collectively fall for the bait so easily as the grange did last night. Was the only entertainment in that game anyway.

In the second game Madden were terrible so it's hard to judge who will win the final, Whitecross showed plenty of character and will be very hungry to return to Division 1, I'd have them as slight favourites ahead of Clann Eireann.

Throw ball

Quote from: general_lee on September 19, 2015, 01:15:32 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on September 19, 2015, 01:51:36 AM

Well we had both on show last night... not even sure it was a penalty but that was the catalyst for all the fighting that followed. Ethan Rafferty is an utter tool and I'm sure regrets his actions. Expect better from a county player. Never seen a team collectively fall for the bait so easily as the grange did last night. Was the only entertainment in that game anyway.

In the second game Madden were terrible so it's hard to judge who will win the final, Whitecross showed plenty of character and will be very hungry to return to Division 1, I'd have them as slight favourites ahead of Clann Eireann.

I saw Charlie Vernon react to similar baiting when he was playing for Armagh under 21s a number of years ago. A more placid player you  are unlikely to see. Rafferty will learn. At least it shows he cares.
The red card was correct though.

SimonSays

I dont understand this "i expect better from a county player" line. county football is a dirty as it comes there is flare ups and sly digs threw all over the place.....the lad reacted badly but he was only after losing a semi-final and was being goaded when there was no need....he got his red card which was deserved but i have watched club football in armagh for a long time and there is no club who are whiter than white, to call someone  a tool is a bit much from a supporter. god knows what was said to him. you boys would be the same crowd who cried aout about the tyrone team sledging and then when it happens in your own county, pass no remarks. he will regret his actions im sure of that,,,but some of the comments on armagh official board are over the top. one lad even wrote he should be no where near the armagh team and they will win nothing with him there...yet the irish news lists him as the only man showed anything for armagh this year...the lad is 21 and the witch hunt is on. im a moy man and i tell you what i would love to have him play for us.

general_lee

Lol not a Tyronie pontificating  ;D

Look he's a county player and he's a couple of years under his belt so should know better at this stage, especially after how the previous hour had went and given it was against a team that is not adverse at all to practicing the dark arts. You don't see Saint Seán lashing out after all the abuse he always gets? Maybe you moy lads can give Ethan a few swimming lessons and he can channel his aggression into diving winning frees.

illdecide

I'm looking forward to Sat nite and see how Maghery stand up To Cross, will they crumble or will they show some mettle

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on September 22, 2015, 03:59:06 PM
I'm looking forward to Sat nite and see how Maghery stand up To Cross, will they crumble or will they show some mettle

Maghery will win,  it's inevitable.  We have injuries and players away and just not at the level yet.  I just hope that the minors come through in the Final so there is something to cheer for this year.

general_lee

County standard half back line, a near county standard midfield and a county standard half forward line. Aye BCB yous will do well to give Maghery a game  :P

I'm hoping for a close one but won't be surprised if cross win by 5/6

Soup an Samajiz

Maghery 6-1 in Paddy Power.. Buyin money  ;)
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

general_lee

Cross Harps final then. No real surprise, Maghery despite all their posturing lack the killer instinct up front to put cross away. Harps dispatched of a nab team that although solid enough haven't really kicked on and have probably peaked a couple of years ago.

From 8-15 Harps are probably more than a match for cross but defensively I think they are quite vulnerable