Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whats my name

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 15, 2012, 06:03:38 PM
Quote from: whats my name on April 15, 2012, 05:26:01 PM
just to let you know terry hyland is the manger for the rest of the season

Confirmed??  How did you hear?
i heard from a player he has the job for the rest of the season at least he is taking training on tue night

PhilsJemmysField

Meeting in the Kilmore tonight so somebody getting the job !!

Hope it is not Hyland

Denn Forever

Is this what the CB were angling for all along?  Will the appointment be dependent on the new manager getting Johnson back?  Thank God for the U21s for giving us something to take pride in.

Johnston transfer saga to drag on
16 April 2012

The Seanie Johnston transfer saga is expected to rumble on for at least another week after it emerged that neither Cavan Gaels or Cavan county board have signed his latest transfer form.

Cavan Gaels had originally opted not to challenge Johnston's proposed move to St. Kevin's in Kildare when he first applied for a transfer in January. But they have now raised concerns over the player's permanent residency and the matter is now back in the hands of the Central Competitions Control Committee, who will not meet on the issue again until next Monday.

At Congress last weekend, delegates voted overwhelmingly in favour of changing the rules governing inter-county transfers. A player must now play championship football or hurling for their new club before they can play for their adopted county.

This means that Johnston will need to play championship football with St. Kevin's before he can declare for Kildare. St. Kevin's first game in the Kildare SFC won't be until mid-May - over a month before the Lilywhites are due to open their Leinster SFC campaign against Offaly on June 20.

Of course, there is still a possibility that the 27-year-old forward could stay with Cavan following the resignation of Val Andrews - who left him out of his squad last October - as manager last week.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

So Cavan Gaels are raising concerns now. Is this a laugh or what? Before they wouldn't stand in his way, presumably because they knew the Co board were going to anyway. So what has changed?

boojangles

Terry as Manager, Forde as Trainer. Four year term ratified tonight.

cogito

rodney trotter

Johnston could be left in limbo if the Kildare move doesn't go through. I don't think Terry Hyland would pick Johnston but you never know...

mylestheslasher

The very best of Luck to Terry and Anthony, I think it is a good appointment and well deserved by both although I think it probably should have been left until this season finished.

Lets hope they can get the same fighting spirit into the seniors as they have done with the U21's of the last 3 seasons. That is all I am looking for against Donegal, a bit of fight and pride and you never know where that might take you.

Denn Forever

From HS.

All Ireland Under 21 Ticketing Arrangements
17 April 2012

All Ireland Under 21 Ticketing Arrangements

On Saturday 21st April in Pearse Park, Longford, Cavan will take on Longford in the Cadbury All Ireland Under 21 semi-final at 4pm.

These are the ticketing arrangements that are in place.

The covered stand is all ticket and these are unreserved seats. Seats will be on a first come first serve basis. Stand tickets will not be on sale on the day.

Tickets are also available on the G.A.A. website.

Tickets will be available in Kingspan Breffni Park on the following days.
Tuesday 17th April - 10am. to 6pm.
Wednesday 18th April - 4pm. to 8pm.
Thursday 19th April - 10am. to 6pm.
Friday 20th April 10am to 8pm.
No sales after 8pm. on Friday 20th April.

Family tickets are available for the covered stand.

Adults €20         
Children up to 16 years €5 .
Senior Citizens (Covered Stand) €10

Terrace tickets are:
Adults €10   
Senior Citizens €10     
Students €10
Children up to 16 years are free on the terraces.

Season tickets and players passes are not valid for this fixture.

Please arrive early as a large crowd is expected.

The match will also be shown live on TG4
means what he says...

Denn Forever

For those of us who won't make to Longford, it's Tynan time.

U21 semi loses out to Dublin-Galway replay for live TV
17 April 2012

The Allianz HL Division 1A relegation playoff replay between Dublin and Galway will be live on TG4 this Saturday, with the Cadbury All-Ireland U21FC semi-final between Cavan and Roscommon now to be shown on the TG4 website.

Originally the two Cadbury All-Ireland U21FC semi-finals were to receive live television coverage, with Cork and Dublin throwing in at 2pm and the Cavan-Roscommon game getting underway at 4pm.

The hurling replay, which ended in a 0-26 to 2-20 draw after extra time last Sunday, also starts at 4pm and a decision has been made to give it preference for live television ahead of the second U21FC semi-final.

Those who wish to watch the Cavan-Roscommon game can get live match coverage on www.tg4.tv.

There will also be extended coverage of that game on TG4 at 5.35pm on Saturday as part of the GAA BEO programme.
means what he says...

Westside

What a crock of shit. Same as last year, show the game of the counties who will barely support the game. How many people will be in Portlaoise? SFA will be my guess. Dublin played the U21 AI Final in Breffni 2 years ago and brought about a quarter of the crowd that we brought to Brewster last Wednesday night.
Meanwhile two well supported counties hungry for exposure get shunted onto the TG4 website which will no doubt have shite streaming and look like it's being filmed on a fooking calculator.

I hope the Dubs hammer TG4's darling Galway and then they can go and show them playing in the second Division next year.

TG4:

tommysmith

Im going to the game so i dont care but for people who cant make its unfair to advertise that its going to be shown and then pull the plug.

mylestheslasher

Well tg4, im not watchin fheirm factor anymore

scoopmine

Terry Hyland on off the ball in about 40 mins....

tommysmith

Any of you lads going on saturday the game in now all ticket.