Underage training

Started by trueblue1234, July 03, 2020, 11:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Yeah the "Nursery Club" is great for getting the kids down, doing some fundamental movements and being a part of the club.  I must say too, we are in a town with lots of competing clubs.  It's become near essential to start this early or you fall behind in terms of numbers.... There are too many clubs in our area in truth.

How have you coaches found the return to play after the lockdown? My own experience has been a shocking lack of fitness.  Also lots of wee niggly injuries early on in the return.  It's been very tough on the kids.

Itchy

Quote from: lurganblue on May 05, 2021, 02:22:23 PM
Yeah the "Nursery Club" is great for getting the kids down, doing some fundamental movements and being a part of the club.  I must say too, we are in a town with lots of competing clubs.  It's become near essential to start this early or you fall behind in terms of numbers.... There are too many clubs in our area in truth.

How have you coaches found the return to play after the lockdown? My own experience has been a shocking lack of fitness.  Also lots of wee niggly injuries early on in the return.  It's been very tough on the kids.

Fitness is really poor, especially the girls teams and kids from U13 up, the younger ones seem good. I am clubs coaching offices and have noted this myself.

Farrandeelin

Got involved with our own u-9s myself this year. It's mighty craic. Currently doing the foundation coaching course too. Shane Smith on twitter has brilliant advice for coaches of young underage teams.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trailer

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 23, 2021, 08:40:40 PM
Got involved with our own u-9s myself this year. It's mighty craic. Currently doing the foundation coaching course too. Shane Smith on twitter has brilliant advice for coaches of young underage teams.

+1
If you follow Shane's advice you'll not go far wrong.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trailer on May 25, 2021, 03:03:50 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 23, 2021, 08:40:40 PM

+1
If you follow Shane's advice you'll not go far wrong.

He is class, really sensible

charlieTully

Quote from: lurganblue on May 05, 2021, 02:22:23 PM

Some of them have put on serious timber too.