Armagh v Galway (Sat 11-07-15)

Started by illdecide, June 29, 2015, 04:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brick Tamlin

What about just coming out and concentrating on the football side of things and less of the dick-measuring and posturing bullshite.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on July 08, 2015, 04:53:04 PM
What about just coming out and concentrating on the football side of things and less of the dick-measuring and posturing bullshite.

Whatever you do in your spare time is your own business.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 08, 2015, 04:32:25 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 08, 2015, 03:38:53 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 08, 2015, 02:09:47 PM
Armagh lads would be best winding up Comer... Galway haven't been good on the road recently, but I am expecting them to win on Sunday.

Comer is self-winding.
If he comes out with the same attitude as he did the last day he won't get to half-time.
They'll probably put McKeever on him.

Exactly the attitude you want in a player. Won't be bullied. Won't back down. An absolute pain in the hole to mark I'd say. Would rather have more with his attitude than lads who would be afraid of their own reflection. And I've seen a few of those.

I'd say Jinxy would love a player like that in Meath, only here to wind a few up.

I do think Comer is trying to over componsate for the challenge he was on the receiving end of from Boyle last year and show he won't be bullied. He had a brilliant first half against Mayo, he gave Cunnife the run around, just got to keep that going for the full 70 minutes.

LCohen

Quote from: naka on July 08, 2015, 08:31:38 AM
Guys
Why don't you all find out what happened before kicking
It's take two to tango as they say

On the game hard hitting with an edge

What could have happened that would alter the fact that those injuries could only have been incurred via serious assault?

OK there could be more than one guilty party but there definitely must be at least one. Time for the truth.

I can't think of any other sport that would gloss over this or hush it up. We should be wetting the bench mark not the scum line on these things. 

illdecide

Quote from: LCohen on July 08, 2015, 10:11:55 PM
Quote from: naka on July 08, 2015, 08:31:38 AM
Guys
Why don't you all find out what happened before kicking
It's take two to tango as they say

On the game hard hitting with an edge

What could have happened that would alter the fact that those injuries could only have been incurred via serious assault?

OK there could be more than one guilty party but there definitely must be at least one. Time for the truth.

I can't think of any other sport that would gloss over this or hush it up. We should be wetting the bench mark not the scum line on these things.

Talk about the game here. if you want to describe an incident from another game then there is a separate thread for it...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

cuconnacht

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 08, 2015, 09:01:14 PM
Armagh lads would be best winding up Comer... Galway haven't been good on the road recently, but I am expecting them to win on Sunday.

Comer is self-winding.
If he comes out with the same attitude as he did the last day he won't get to half-time.

Exactly the attitude you want in a player. Won't be bullied. Won't back down. An absolute pain in the hole to mark I'd say. Would rather have more with his attitude than lads who would be afraid of their own reflection. And I've seen a few of those.

I'd say Jinxy would love a player like that in Meath, only here to wind a few up.

I do think Comer is trying to over componsate for the challenge he was on the receiving end of from Boyle last year and show he won't be bullied. He had a brilliant first half against Mayo, he gave Cunnife the run around, just got to keep that going for the full 70 minutes.
Maybe your right but you cant put the responsibility for the whole county on such young players shoulders as good and all as he is.The  physical game you offered us signalled we"d win to me anyway,thats  bread and butter stuff to us and same against The ORCHARD is likely to be the same.Cummins,lundy,Sice and Silke have to be let loose and play a more attacking game and the 1st two I named really have to step up in this game,Comer cant do it  all.
Game is a hard one to call,I think a replay could be on the cards.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: cuconnacht on July 09, 2015, 01:57:52 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 08, 2015, 09:01:14 PM

Comer is self-winding.

Maybe your right but you cant put the responsibility for the whole county on such young players shoulders as good and all as he is.The  physical game you offered us signalled we"d win to me anyway,thats  bread and butter stuff to us and same against The ORCHARD is likely to be the same.Cummins,lundy,Sice and Silke have to be let loose and play a more attacking game and the 1st two I named really have to step up in this game,Comer cant do it  all.
Game is a hard one to call,I think a replay could be on the cards.

Galway were attacking the last day, there was no blanket defence or no sweeper to help Hanley out. They just didn't win enough possession at midfield to get quick ball into the forwards, they were relying on turnovers. You can't go from where Galway have been in recent years to beating a team like Mayo just like that, the gap was huge between the 2 counties.

If Galway weren't physical or aggressive Mayo would have hammered Galway just like the previous 2 meetings, Mayo bullied Galway in both games.

Orior

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 08, 2015, 07:20:42 PM

Best post in this thread so far, lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

BennyCake

Quote from: Orior on July 09, 2015, 05:39:13 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 08, 2015, 07:20:42 PM

Best post in this thread so far, lol

Maybe, but is it better than the PJ McGrane post?

Duine Eile

Galway team named, 3 changes from Mayo game, Donoghue, Bradshaw and Ó Griofa in, Breathnach, P Sweeney and Cummins out.

1. Brian Donoghue
2. Johnny Duane
3. Finian Hanley
4. Cathal Sweeney
5. Liam Silke
6. Gary O'Donnell
7. Gareth Bradshaw
8. Fiontan Ó Curraoin
9. Tom Flynn
10. Gary Sice
11. Paul Conroy
12. Sean Denvir
13. Peadar Óg Ó Griofa
14. Damien Comer
15. Micheál Lundy

Denvir is obviously going to drop back to help out the defence, management seem to be a big fan of him, don't see it myself but hopefully I'll be proved wrong on Sunday. Big game needed from the 2 lads at midfield along with Conroy at 11. Danny Cummins also fairly unlucky to lose his place but fairly lively player to bring in if needed.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Duine Eile on July 09, 2015, 09:43:45 PM
Galway team named, 3 changes from Mayo game, Donoghue, Bradshaw and Ó Griofa in, Breathnach, P Sweeney and Cummins out.
Was Cummins not our best player against Mayo?

Duine Eile

Quote from: Asal Mor on July 09, 2015, 10:00:40 PM

He certainly wasn't the worst, harsh call.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Asal Mor on July 09, 2015, 10:00:40 PM

Cummins played very well but it makes sense if it means Lundy plays closer to the posts.

Pleased to see Bradshaw back, he's always capable of kicking a score or 2 from distance.

Armagh are not the biggest at midfield so I'd like to think we'll win a lot more of the kickouts than we did the last day.

I'm happy with the team, a good mixture of pace and power; I just hope they've put plenty of work into the kickouts the last few weeks.

macdanger2

Did Bradshaw not f*ck off to the states or something a couple of years ago during the championship? After he got the line against Mayo?

Would the Galway supporters not take a dim enough view of that?

Or was that someone else??

Farrandeelin

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 09, 2015, 11:06:33 PM
Did Bradshaw not f*ck off to the states or something a couple of years ago during the championship? After he got the line against Mayo?

Would the Galway supporters not take a dim enough view of that?

Or was that someone else??

It was him I think.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.