5 (20%)
Neuter all cooks
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: February 16, 2007, 10:29:30 AM

Candyman

FORKINKNIFE: new prescription of tablets needed me thinks.... ;D

realredhandfan

Kerry, Tyrone, Armagh have all had as many games on the hollow turf of croke as dublin in championship during this period.

Not only have they had more games, but they've played better than Dublin too.
:D :D

J70

Gnevin

Some might biased poll options their all together your either GAA or sell out
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

realredhandfan

Windmill abu

Quote from: forkinknife on February 09, 2007, 11:48:09 AM

What im trying to say is LISTEN! This is Dublin's ground first and foremost. You f**king redneck culties should be asking us for permission to play on it. I have no problem leting O'Driscoll on it. I have no problem letting Damien Duff on it. I do have a problem leting that big-eared ginger from Kerry on it. ASK US! Not ask the GAA. ASK DUBLIN|!

If Mayo or Tyrone ask the Dubs permission to play on it, will the Dubs give it only for the first half as they will get spanked in their own back yard if they allow the second half. Or maybe they will just refuse permission to Mugsy
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Kerry Mike

QuoteI do have a problem leting that big-eared ginger from Kerry on it.

From Wikipidia: Jackeen is a mildly pejorative term for someone from Dublin, Ireland. An suggested origin of the word comes from the personification of England, John Bull. Due to its proximity and long historical ties to Britain, Irish people outside of the Pale thought that Dubliners wanted to be English. John Bull became Jack Bull and, using the Irish suffix -ín meaning small, Jack became Jackeen. Therefore, Jackeen literally means Little Jack or "minibrit".

Another source of the term stems from Dublin's close ties to Britain in the late 18th and early 19th century. During the visit of Queen Victoria to Dublin in 1900, the Union Flag or "Union Jack" was flown by enthusiastic Dubliners leading to native dubliners being known as Jackeens by the rest of the Irish population.

Today, Jackeen is often used to describe Dublin GAA players and supporters[1][2]. The term has also been shortened to "Jack" or the plural "Jacks" by Dublin fans as a way to refer to themselves

That auld Union flag might come in handy again in a few weeks when England come to town, I bet there is one still in your house somewhere, you must be really proud of your ancestors. Jackeen.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

laughinpaddy

Quote from: Kerry Mike on February 09, 2007, 02:15:34 PM

From Wikipidia: Jackeen is a mildly pejorative term for someone from Dublin, Ireland. An suggested origin of the word comes from the personification of England, John Bull. Due to its proximity and long historical ties to Britain, Irish people outside of the Pale thought that Dubliners wanted to be English. John Bull became Jack Bull and, using the Irish suffix -ín meaning small, Jack became Jackeen. Therefore, Jackeen literally means Little Jack or "minibrit".

Another source of the term stems from Dublin's close ties to Britain in the late 18th and early 19th century. During the visit of Queen Victoria to Dublin in 1900, the Union Flag or "Union Jack" was flown by enthusiastic Dubliners leading to native dubliners being known as Jackeens by the rest of the Irish population.

Today, Jackeen is often used to describe Dublin GAA players and supporters[1][2]. The term has also been shortened to "Jack" or the plural "Jacks" by Dublin fans as a way to refer to themselves

That auld Union flag might come in handy again in a few weeks when England come to town, I bet there is one still in your house somewhere, you must be really proud of your ancestors. Jackeen.

:D :D :D :D
I ain't gettin on no plane!

AMayoSheep

Even if that is true forkinknife  (to be honest i couldnt be arsed to check if it is correct) is still doesnt make it dublins home pitch any more than its our "culchies" home ground!!!

I take it your not one of them fair weather dub fans that know the ins and out of gaelic football ::)
ffs Parnell Park is Dublins home ground!

ziggysego

Croke Park = GAA
Parnell Park = Dublin

forkinknife = No-one. Just stirring.
Testing Accessibility

realredhandfan

never kickt a ball

Jazus guys looks like things haven't changed:  :D

behind the wire

forkinknife, i bet you are one of those people that no one likes.

ireland will possibly be without o'driscoll and stringer for the match against england at croke park. however, england will also be somewhat weakened as they will be without their guns since their last visit to the stadium.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

tayto

how exactly, i wonder, did people decide that dubliners wanted to be like the brits? was it bacuse of all the liverpool, celtic and man united jerseys? Sher no one outside Dublin watches Sky super sunday do they? I'm sure someone can tell me how many people turned out to wave flags at the queen exactly? 100% of all dubliners i'm sure. No one in the rest of ireland ever flew a union jack did they, ah isnt history great in black and white when you fill in the grey bits with whatever spin you want to put on things. I even heard one version, that the dublin population waved flags as the british reinforcements came up the river during 1916. We even had one fool on here last week saying dubliners wouldnt know what a freedom fighter was. Someone needs to read up on their history i'd say. ha ha ... the jack bull thing just proves that anti-dublin sentiment is nothing new ... but ye love us really wha!  ;)  ;D ;D ;D ;D