The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

FSG are ok with me. They made a mistake. It happens. This is the way things work in the states, it is different over here. Good owners are hard to find and are important just as much as having a good manager or players.

gawa316

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 20, 2021, 11:37:53 PM
FSG are ok with me. They made a mistake. It happens. This is the way things work in the states, it is different over here. Good owners are hard to find and are important just as much as having a good manager or players.

I like the way the run things financially, well of what I think they run things. Brought us on leaps and bounds in that regards but this is another major mistake along the lines with the ticket fiasco and furlough last year. How in name of feck did they not realize this would be the reaction? Spoiler: they did and did it anyway.

I want them out now but like you said pat...good owners are hard to find and me wanting them out doesn't mean squat if they aren't willing to sell.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: gawa316 on April 21, 2021, 12:33:40 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on April 20, 2021, 11:37:53 PM

I like the way the run things financially, well of what I think they run things. Brought us on leaps and bounds in that regards but this is another major mistake along the lines with the ticket fiasco and furlough last year. How in name of feck did they not realize this would be the reaction? Spoiler: they did and did it anyway.

I want them out now but like you said pat...good owners are hard to find and me wanting them out doesn't mean squat if they aren't willing to sell.

Of course they knew. And that wasn't the reason they reversed out of it. Liverpool (and United) are claiming they listened to stakeholders, but they pulled out only when the winds started to change and the league was dead in the water
Hasta la victoria siempre

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Seeing as apologies are all the rage I wonder if Klopp will have the manners to apologise to Gary Neville....

Hound

Quote from: Boycey on April 21, 2021, 08:43:42 AM
Seeing as apologies are all the rage I wonder if Klopp will have the manners to apologise to Gary Neville....
You're a bit behind. Neville already apologised to Klopp "live and exclusive" on Sky Sports.

north_antrim_hound

Neville has been brilliant During this whole farce but when he degrades the YNWA motif then he's crossing the line but Klopp was taking it to seriously. Neville was mostly complementary of Liverpool and was just trying to mobilize a Revolt which he did. Don't think an apology is due as emotions have been running high. Should you not be more pre occupied with getting an apology from Glacier.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: laoislad on April 21, 2021, 08:21:46 AM
https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1384763846557147142?s=21

I'm maybe judging this wrong but that it did come across as sincere and a genuine attempt to mend some broken bridges,  considering where FSG has taken us and they do seem to want to win trophies unlike the Glacier family who want the money first I think it's time to let it go.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 21, 2021, 09:14:51 AM
Quote from: laoislad on April 21, 2021, 08:21:46 AM
https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1384763846557147142?s=21

I'm maybe judging this wrong but that it did come across as sincere and a genuine attempt to mend some broken bridges,  considering where FSG has taken us and they do seem to want to win trophies unlike the Glacier family who want the money first I think it's time to let it go.

From a United supporter I'd say the only difference is he wants to stay on side with Liverpool fans whereas the Glazers couldn't give a shite what we think of them. If you think FSG weren't as much into this as everyone else you're fooling yourself. I think they're better owners than the Glazers but that's not saying much.

When you're winning it's easy to say they're great fellas. We've been through that. 

Armamike

I was willing to give FSG some slack for the previous errors of judgement but really they should go.  They're nowhere near as crass as Hicks and Gillette, but they've shown time and again that they've got zero understanding of the club and the game.  They've alienated the supporters and possibly caused terminal damage to their relationship with Klopp and other staff at the club, who have been treated shabbily here.

I don't know who would replace them and perhaps it would be more of the same with different owners, but in an ideal world FSG should be planning an exit strategy.
That's just, like your opinion man.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Armamike on April 21, 2021, 09:23:30 AM
I was willing to give FSG some slack for the previous errors of judgement but really they should go.  They're nowhere near as crass as Hicks and Gillette, but they've shown time and again that they've got zero understanding of the club and the game.  They've alienated the supporters and possibly caused terminal damage to their relationship with Klopp and other staff at the club, who have been treated shabbily here.

I don't know who would replace them and perhaps it would be more of the same with different owners, but in an ideal world FSG should be planning an exit strategy.

That's the crux of it but, if they do go who's to say the next shower won't be worse. Then again I don't think someone like the glacier family would have lasted as long At Anfield.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Armamike on April 21, 2021, 09:23:30 AM

It's sometimes a case of better the devil you know. I don't think anyone buying LFC will be doing so from a football perspective unfortunately. It's a business, and it will be business owners driving it. For that reason alone I wouldn't be jumping up and down to get them out. Won't be running to defend them either tho.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Maroon Manc

FSG are in it to make money, not sure why anyone would expect any different from the,; The only difference between them and the Glazers is they are more competent businessmen, self made men unlike the Glazer siblings who inherited their wealth.

Boycey

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 21, 2021, 09:10:25 AM

Neville has been brilliant During this whole farce but when he degrades the YNWA motif then he's crossing the line but Klopp was taking it to seriously. Neville was mostly complementary of Liverpool and was just trying to mobilize a Revolt which he did. Don't think an apology is due as emotions have been running high. Should you not be more pre occupied with getting an apology from Glacier.

I'd say the owners degraded the YNWA not Gary Neville? He's not the bogeyman here, nowhere close..

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1384570056781307909?s=19

Anyway me and Tony reckon he's owed an apology.

As for the 'Glaciers' their apology wouldn't matter a shiny shite, I know what they are...

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Boycey on April 21, 2021, 09:43:54 AM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 21, 2021, 09:10:25 AM

I'd say the owners degraded the YNWA not Gary Neville? He's not the bogeyman here, nowhere close..

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1384570056781307909?s=19

Anyway me and Tony reckon he's owed an apology.

As for the 'Glaciers' their apology wouldn't matter a shiny shite, I know what they are...

Well as a Liverpool fan I applaud Gary Neville for 99% of his input but YNWA is sung by the fans not FSG and TBH your views on Klopps reaction is of little interest to me.