Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 26, 2021, 11:35:12 PM
Sir Alex didn't look to upset at the end. Think he was happy he got to go to a live match and was looking forward to the hospitality after.

That like a little hearing aid he had on the ear-stem of his spectacles?

gallsman

Quote from: Helix. on May 27, 2021, 12:12:21 AMI'm not convinced with Sancho. Wouldn't be half the hype if he wasn't English.

Don't think that's true at all, Sancho is outstanding. Bellingham is even better.

Armagh18

Usual arseholes giving Rashford the racist abuse online after the game.

Plenty of ammo to criticise him with after last night without stooping to that shite.

Milltown Row2

That was pathetic, the recent form they had was how they played last night. Ole wanted his best 11 on the pitch that was available but it didn't work.

Maguire being injured has shown how poor Utd are, the bench had nothing to offer or Ole wasn't confident with it.

It should never have got to the point where the goal keeper is being relied on to score in a penalty shoot out.

All in all a poor end to the season, nothing has changed though, a center back a defensive midfielder are the minimum requirement going into next season
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Muck Savage on May 26, 2021, 11:16:22 PM
Well done Villarreal

I honestly dont think United will win anything with OSG managing them. He made some bad calls and really that team should have won it in normal time

Can't blame De Get for missing the penalty, but FFS he should have saved 1-2 before that.

Shaw's penalty really should have been saved also. He dodged that particular bullet.

Villarreals penalties were top drawer.

NAG1

Disappointing end to the season for sure and a tough way to lose a match. Villareal got it spot on in terms of their tactics, no ambition to come forward in open play, try and get a goal on a freekick or set play which worked for them for sure.

United have struggled against teams that sit in and have done for a while so the tactics werent hard to come up with for Emre.

I think Ole was making a point by not changing the 11 until late on. He went with what he believes is his best 11 despite tactics or positions and after that it is obvious he doesnt trust the rest of the squad. They were pinned back in the second half when you then need technical players that can pick a pass around the box and DVB sitting kicking his heels.

No excuse for the abuse of Rashford at all, or abusing any of the players. I would have thought that performance could have given Rashford the summer off any way, be crazy to think he would make an international squad in the form he is in.

No one going to tell fans any different we all knew how far short the squad has been and without the investment required the progress made this year will be wasted.

Armagh18

Need another option up front- Martial needs sold and Rashford has needed dropped for a long time now. Someone who can play on the left or the right preferably.

NAG1

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 27, 2021, 08:53:52 AM
Need another option up front- Martial needs sold and Rashford has needed dropped for a long time now. Someone who can play on the left or the right preferably.

It totally exposed the lack of options to change it upfront. Neither Rashford or Greenwood can/ want to play as a number 9 or even to play up with Cavanni. Big summer ahead.

Armagh18

Quote from: NAG1 on May 27, 2021, 08:56:11 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 27, 2021, 08:53:52 AM

It totally exposed the lack of options to change it upfront. Neither Rashford or Greenwood can/ want to play as a number 9 or even to play up with Cavanni. Big summer ahead.
Maybe the Glazers want to appease the fans and drop £200m+ on Sancho and Haaland...

lurganblue

Ended up a dull enough affair last night.  Utd just looked more and more devoid of creativity as the match went on.  I don't even know if I would blame Ole too much.  I took my phone out to see who was on Utd's bench that could change it up a bit and really the options are so limited.  Surely they now have to sign some creative players (i'm just hoping Grealish isn't on the radar).

Bruno Fernandez only stayed on the pitch as it was likely they'd need him to score a penalty.  I thought he was completely absent all evening.  Amazed that Greenwood got the hook before Rashford.  Maybe that was a look towards penalties too.

With Tom Heaton now coming in on a free that has got to be the last game for DeGea.

NAG1

Quote from: lurganblue on May 27, 2021, 09:10:13 AM
Ended up a dull enough affair last night.  Utd just looked more and more devoid of creativity as the match went on.  I don't even know if I would blame Ole too much.  I took my phone out to see who was on Utd's bench that could change it up a bit and really the options are so limited.  Surely they now have to sign some creative players (i'm just hoping Grealish isn't on the radar).

Bruno Fernandez only stayed on the pitch as it was likely they'd need him to score a penalty.  I thought he was complete absent all evening.  Amazed that Greenwood got the hook before Rashford.  Maybe that was a look towards penalties too.

With Tom Heaton now coming in on a free that has got to be the last game for DeGea.

VR did their homework and nullified Bruno, if he is the only creative outlet in the last 3rd it is more easy to do. If Rashford and Greenwood were forcing the issue out wide then Bruno automatically gets more space, when that isnt happening its a way tougher job for any 10.

Quality players are required I would say up to 4 to get them to the next level.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: NAG1 on May 27, 2021, 09:20:19 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 27, 2021, 09:10:13 AM

Bruno Fernandez only stayed on the pitch as it was likely they'd need him to score a penalty.  I thought he was complete absent all evening.  Amazed that Greenwood got the hook before Rashford.  Maybe that was a look towards penalties too.

VR did their homework and nullified Bruno, if he is the only creative outlet in the last 3rd it is more easy to do. If Rashford and Greenwood were forcing the issue out wide then Bruno automatically gets more space, when that isnt happening its a way tougher job for any 10.

Quality players are required I would say up to 4 to get them to the next level.

Quality players and an actual quality manager instead of persisting with the caretaker.

tiempo

Bad ebening

But on a positive note, a result that puts the Glazers on the back foot, family club and all that MU is, clearly its only the family paying the wages who aren't welcome, a great result for all the true Red Dev's, in summary, a good ebening

Keyser soze

It is all fine and well listing all the form flair players on the planet but MU need to sort out their defence first and foremost, conceding more than a goal a game will win nothing.

That has been an issue all season [and prior to that] regardless which of the current personnel are playing. Conceding goals when they dominate games is an ever bigger issue for them.

bigarsedkeeper

Really disappointing night. Too many players didn't show up and Ole shit the bed a bit too. Think someone said our season ended after the Roma home game, they seemed to run out of steam after that.

As far as next season goes I don't know where you go to sort things out. If Ole isn't backed he's in trouble; if he is backed and nothing is won he's in more trouble. I hope it works out for him.

I thought outside Cavani and McTominay there wasn't many could be happy with that performance. AWB and Greenwood were decent. Pogba and Rashford were very poor. No point going through them all.

I've watched United get beat by teams we were expected to beat before, Sheffield Wednesday is one that sticks out, so I'm not cracking up or anything like that but it has raised a lot of questions again.