Free Staters and their hypocrisy on their violent, bloody past

Started by Angelo, May 11, 2021, 09:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: dublin7 on May 14, 2021, 07:25:48 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on May 14, 2021, 07:01:26 PM
My granny went to Bobby Sands funeral yet she was no lover of the IRA. In fact, she didn't have much of a relationship with her brother in law. My mother has been an SDLP voter all her adult life and would have little time for the IRA, yet she was sympathetic to their cause in her own way. The arguments from free staters here are very simplistic.
Also, if anyone says the Provos had nothing to do with getting things going in the 6 counties they are sorely mistaken

The IRA and unionist terrorists held back NI for years and they're only starting to recover now. At the start of the 90s the Irish economy started to pick up and multi national companies started operating here.

NI didn't get any benefit from this due to climate the terrorists had created and not only missed out on the economic boom but now rely on the UK government to keep them solvent.

That's quite a legacy for over two decades of terrorism on both sides

Yeah the place was a real utopia until the IRA appeared out of the blue and started killing peope for absolutely no apparent reason whatsoever.

seafoid

Quote from: Angelo on May 14, 2021, 06:44:27 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 14, 2021, 06:40:25 PM
I note I've had no responses or comments the sectarian murder of Senator Fox.

You're the arsehole who tried to pretend Dunmanway never happened.

You have some neck to then seek condemnation on Fox.

How was the murder sectarian btw?
Angelo,
You are very abusive on this board.
Do you want to get banned again?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

dublin7

Quote from: Snapchap on May 14, 2021, 08:45:05 PM
My granny went to Bobby Sands funeral yet she was no lover of the IRA. In fact, she didn't have much of a relationship with her brother in law. My mother has been an SDLP voter all her adult life and would have little time for the IRA, yet she was sympathetic to their cause in her own way. The arguments from free staters here are very simplistic.
Also, if anyone says the Provos had nothing to do with getting things going in the 6 counties they are sorely mistaken

The IRA and unionist terrorists held back NI for years and they're only starting to recover now. At the start of the 90s the Irish economy started to pick up and multi national companies started operating here.

NI didn't get any benefit from this due to climate the terrorists had created and not only missed out on the economic boom but now rely on the UK government to keep them solvent.

Yeah the place was a real utopia until the IRA appeared out of the blue and started killing peope for absolutely no apparent reason whatsoever.

Well the south/free state in the 80s was a high tax, high unemployment and high emigration state, but while FF/FG/LAB governments started to turn the economy around in early 90s by attracting FDI and EU funding the republican/Unionists terrorists were destroying the state/economy for the ordinary working people who lived and tried to run a business in NI.

For all the abuse these parties get from some of the northern posters in here you could easily accuse them of having no idea what it's like living in the south

Snapchap

I note I've had no responses or comments on the sectarian murder of Senator Fox.

You're very fond of picking out individual incidents in transparent attempts to imply that such incidents were typical of a majority of IRA attacks. Are you seriously that naive as to think people can't see through such a dishonest and downright stupid tactic? Instances of the Old IRA targeting civilians were at least as high in proportion as was the case for the Old IRA. Will you condemn their campaign?

Rossfan

Quote from: Snapchap on May 14, 2021, 09:02:45 PM
I note I've had no responses or comments on the sectarian murder of Senator Fox.

You're very fond of picking out individual incidents in transparent attempts to imply that such incidents were typical of a majority of IRA attacks. Are you seriously that naive as to think people can't see through such a dishonest and downright stupid tactic? Instances of the Old IRA targeting civilians were at least as high in proportion as was the case for the Old IRA. Will you condemn their campaign?
I'll take that as a "No Comment" then apart from "But the old IRA....." and making false accusations.
Must be hard to face up to such a naked sectarian act so I can understand you and the other Provo fans here wanting to avoid comment.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Snapchap

Quote from: dublin7 on May 14, 2021, 08:55:55 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on May 14, 2021, 08:45:05 PM

Well the south/free state in the 80s was a high tax, high unemployment and high emigration state, but while FF/FG/LAB governments started to turn the economy around in early 90s by attracting FDI and EU funding the republican/Unionists terrorists were destroying the state/economy for the ordinary working people who lived and tried to run a business in NI.

For all the abuse these parties get from some of the northern posters in here you could easily accuse them of having no idea what it's like living in the south

Your implication is that the north was "held back" by the IRA. Was it a utopia before they appeared on tbe scene? Was it an economic powerhouse, if only the croppies had stayed down?

By ths way, last time you engaged with me, I asked you a question and you ran away. I'll try again:

The Old IRA targeted and killed as high a proportion of civilians (and likely more) than the PIRA. Targeted. Not accidentally killed. Targeted. If that was a terrorist thing to do in 1969, then why wasn't it in 1921?

Angelo

Quote from: seafoid on May 14, 2021, 08:50:53 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 14, 2021, 06:44:27 PM
I note I've had no responses or comments the sectarian murder of Senator Fox.

You're the arsehole who tried to pretend Dunmanway never happened.

You have some neck to then seek condemnation on Fox.

How was the murder sectarian btw?
Angelo,
You are very abusive on this board.
Do you want to get banned again?

Given some of the insults Trailer has been allowed use against posters on a regular basis here without a ban then it's clear that rule is no longer been enforced.

So if you want that rule to be enforced, I've got plenty of posters who should be banned for the insults aimed at me.

I think you should be banned for some of the nonsense you've posted on here.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on May 14, 2021, 09:08:06 PM

I'll take that as a "No Comment" then apart from "But the old IRA....." and making false accusations.
Must be hard to face up to such a naked sectarian act so I can understand you and the other Provo fans here wanting to avoid comment.

You're the guy who not only dismissed a sectarian massacre by the Old IRA but actively denied it ever happened.

A holocaust denier.

Angelo

QuoteDublin, 29 April 1921 – Kate Carroll was dragged from her home in Aghanameena, Co. Monaghan and murdered by the IRA, a report issued from Dublin Castle has stated.

Ms Carroll was known to have been involved in the illicit distilling of whiskey, for which her house had been raided by both the IRA and the British authorities on numerous occasions. Earlier reports from Dublin Castle had noted that Ms Carroll had written anonymous letters to the police in which she made accusations against others in the area for operating illegal stills. Some of these letters were apparently captured by the IRA who took them as evidence that Carroll was a spy. Her killing, which occurred on the night of 16/17 April, was her punishment.

In his evidence to a military court of inquiry in Monaghan, Patrick Carroll, brother of the deceased woman, said he was sitting with his sister in front of the kitchen fire on the night in question when, about midnight, they heard dogs begin to bark.

Ms Carroll went to the door and a man with a white mask entered. He asked Ms Carroll if she was 'making any drink now?' Mr Carroll testified that his sister responded that 'she was not and that she would not pay any more fines.'

The masked man informed Ms Carroll that she would have to come with him, though her mother begged him not to take her.

As she was taken from the house with wrists bound together, she screamed out 'I will never come back'. Her body was found by her brother the following morning in a lane at Drummore. A card was pinned to her clothing stating: 'Spies and informers, beware. Convicted, IRA.'

A constable testified to finding an empty cartridge at the scene and the court of inquiry returned a finding of wilful murder against certain unknown members of the IRA.

This is the type of stuff Rossfan, Seafoid and Dublin7 glorify.

Snapchap

Why don't you just face up to your shameless tactic. Attacks like that on Senator Fox didn't typify the PIRA campaign so why are you trying to imply that it did if not to be dishonest? Donyou believe the Old IRA campaign was a terrorist one because they once shot the 15 year old daughter of an RIC man? Wasnt that just typical of them!

Snapchap

A brief few words from two well known figures:
1. Brian Feeney (Historian, former SDLP Cllr, Co-author of Lost Lives book which chronicled every death of the conflict in the north)
2. Dennis Bradley (Former Priest and student of John Hume, Former vice chair of the Policing Board, Co-chair, along woth Robin Eames, of the Consultative Group on the Past)

https://twitter.com/Revolution_IRL/status/1227157956300541952?s=19

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on May 14, 2021, 09:19:05 PM

A holocaust denier.
Fair play to you, shouting at people that they are holocaust deniers is top, top debatering and a point I know your fellow Shinners will agree with wholeheartedly

A very positive contribution from you there

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on May 14, 2021, 09:27:52 PM

Why don't you just face up to your shameless tactic. Attacks like that on Senator Fox didn't typify the PIRA campaign so why are you trying to imply that it did if not to be dishonest? Donyou believe the Old IRA campaign a terrorist one shot the 15 year old daughter of an RIC man? Wasnt that just typical of them!
The only way we can determine that is by going through every action carried out by the PIRA during the Troubles

Has anybody got a full list?

We could go through them one by one to see what sort of pattern was there

Would keep us all going until the end of the pandemic at least

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on May 14, 2021, 09:10:20 PM

The Old IRA targeted and killed as high a proportion of civilians (and likely more) than the PIRA. Targeted. Not accidentally killed. Targeted. If that was a terrorist thing to do in 1969, then why wasn't it in 1921?
What about the French resistance in 1944?

What about the dissos in 2019?

There's no united Ireland in 2019, or 2021

Therefore surely by your logic it is acceptable to target civilians in 2021

The greater goal being a united Ireland, thus the justification is provided

That's the logic anyway

dublin7

Quote from: sid waddell on May 14, 2021, 09:46:45 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on May 14, 2021, 09:27:52 PM

Why don't you just face up to your shameless tactic. Attacks like that on Senator Fox didn't typify the PIRA campaign so why are you trying to imply that it did if not to be dishonest? Donyou believe the Old IRA campaign a terrorist one shot the 15 year old daughter of an RIC man? Wasnt that just typical of them!
The only way we can determine that is by going through every action carried out by the PIRA during the Troubles

Has anybody got a full list?

We could go through them one by one to see what sort of pattern was there

Would keep us all going until the end of the pandemic at least

You'd need another list for what happened 100 years ago as well. They seem to think they're the real terrorists and not the version that came along in the 70s