Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on March 31, 2021, 03:10:25 PM
Quote from: Louther on March 31, 2021, 02:28:31 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 31, 2021, 02:25:23 PM
Quote from: TabClear on March 31, 2021, 02:20:30 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 31, 2021, 02:13:37 PM
Quote from: TabClear on March 31, 2021, 02:11:56 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 31, 2021, 01:50:15 PM
Company of a govt TD's brother getting a multi million contract to recruit zero hour contract workers in a pandemic without tender is not a good look I think we will all agree.

Is this CPL the publicly listed company that was bought by a Japanese multinational?

After the contract was awarded.

At the time of the contract being awarded which was early last year it was in the ownership of a FG TD's brother.

I was adding to my post when you replied. I am pretty sure CPL was listed on the stock exchange albeit the CEO was about a 33% shareholder. The CEO and founder is actually married to the brother so she might object to you calling it "his" company!

They owned a 34% shareholding between them and were directors in the company from an article I looked at there.

I think we can all agree though that a FG govt with a FG minister for health awarding a multi-million untendered contract to recruit workers on zero hour contracts to a company with close family ties to a FG TD (being the largest shareholders) in the middle of a pandemic has a very bad look to it.

Is that another gript article? Spoofer. Have you decided if it's her uncle or brother?

No. It's an Irish Times article.

And you're triggered, pet.

You're hiding, true trait of a spoofer.

You claimed that her brother was owner of CPL? Did you not?

The source of this was Gript who wrongly claimed this. Gript is a known right wing media ran by John McGuirk.

So you get your info from right wing media. An absolute spoofer.

You're rattled wee man.

Armagh18

Quote from: Louther on March 31, 2021, 03:27:54 PM
Company of a govt TD's brother getting a multi million contract to recruit zero hour contract workers in a pandemic without tender is not a good look I think we will all agree.

Is this CPL the publicly listed company that was bought by a Japanese multinational?

At the time of the contract being awarded which was early last year it was in the ownership of a FG TD's brother.

I was adding to my post when you replied. I am pretty sure CPL was listed on the stock exchange albeit the CEO was about a 33% shareholder. The CEO and founder is actually married to the brother so she might object to you calling it "his" company!

They owned a 34% shareholding between them and were directors in the company from an article I looked at there.

I think we can all agree though that a FG govt with a FG minister for health awarding a multi-million untendered contract to recruit workers on zero hour contracts to a company with close family ties to a FG TD (being the largest shareholders) in the middle of a pandemic has a very bad look to it.

Is that another gript article? Spoofer. Have you decided if it's her uncle or brother?

The source of this was Gript who wrongly claimed this. Gript is a known right wing media ran by John McGuirk.

You're rattled wee man.
Why are Gript any more or less reliable than the pathetic shower of gobshites that we call the mainstream media?

Louther

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 31, 2021, 03:31:42 PM

You're rattled wee man.
Why are Gript any more or less reliable than the pathetic shower of gobshites that we call the mainstream media?

Why does everything have to be compared to something else? Can you not judge something on its own merits? Gript is right wing in its agenda, known to spread lies and misinformation and links to all sorts of suspect organisations.

I decided that without comparing to the other unreliable and agenda driven media.

One pathetic shower doesn't make another shower any less of gobshites.

Angelo

You're rattled wee man.

He did own the company. I think you're telling claiming fibs if he didn't own the company. You're very easily triggered by criticism of the following things:

- Free State corruption
- FFG failings
- English football

There's a pattern emerging to your psyche. Are you a bit of an anglophile would you say?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

TabClear

Quote from: Angelo on March 31, 2021, 03:13:50 PM
Quote from: TabClear on March 31, 2021, 02:30:33 PM

Lack of tendering is not great in these situations but CPL had obviously done work for HSE for many years so clearly had some sort of a framework contract. I am guessing there was a time pressure on this and for expediency they may have been awarded this under benchmarked rates etc. Ideally you test the market but sometimes that is not possible

The optics of it are very bad.

Paying a private company with family links to a party member millions for contracts that exploit workers in a vital public sector that is understaffed is not a good look.

It's the FFG way, throw public services and resources over to the private sector and enrich the chosen few.

Public company governed by stock exchange rules......

Angelo

Quote from: TabClear on March 31, 2021, 04:00:33 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 31, 2021, 03:13:50 PM
Quote from: TabClear on March 31, 2021, 02:30:33 PM

Lack of tendering is not great in these situations but CPL had obviously done work for HSE for many years so clearly had some sort of a framework contract. I am guessing there was a time pressure on this and for expediency they may have been awarded this under benchmarked rates etc. Ideally you test the market but sometimes that is not possible

The optics of it are very bad.

Paying a private company with family links to a party member millions for contracts that exploit workers in a vital public sector that is understaffed is not a good look.

It's the FFG way, throw public services and resources over to the private sector and enrich the chosen few.

Public company governed by stock exchange rules......

Whose major shareholders had family ties to a Gov TD.

It's about the optics at the end of the day and it stinks.

Millions of public money awarded to connected parties of Gov TDs to exploit workers on zero hour contracts without tendering. How does that look?

Evil Genius

Quote from: Louther on March 31, 2021, 09:25:48 AM
The application to work at the Vaccination centres in the 26 is on a par with the level of insanity that makes the HSE so inefficient and costly. It will struggle to get the required numbers to work in them, even if willing to volunteer.

If you already working in HSE or as a GP it doesn't seem to matter. There is reams of paperwork to submit. Police vetting from every country for every address you have lived in, clearance from every employer you have had, full CV and the best yet, copy of exam results for every exam taken since Junior Cert.
I read somewhere recently that Germany is still deciding whether to allow GP's, never mind Pharmacists, to administer the vaccine. (Might have been decided since?).

Also, their system is strictly federal, meaning you get lots of gaps etc in the programme. For example, one State has such strict Data Protection laws, that they don't have a record of their citizens ages anywhere.

So when they started the vaccination programme they were reduced to scanning the electoral roll and sending out the first invitations to people who had old-fashioned names, on the basis that they might be old!
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on March 31, 2021, 03:56:57 PM

You're rattled wee man.

He did own the company. I think you're telling claiming fibs if he didn't own the company. You're very easily triggered by criticism of the following things:

- Free State corruption
- FFG failings
- English football

There's a pattern emerging to your psyche. Are you a bit of an anglophile would you say?

Firstly, he isn't her brother? Can you address that for the 3rd time? You claimed and continue to claim it's the case. Can we really believe anything you say?

If you using Gript with it's known right wing agenda where facts are optional, what else have you said that comes form these type of sources.

And he Uncle held a minority shareholding in a listed company where the majority holding was his actual wife who he is separated from.

You carry on deflecting. Sign of a spoofer Wee Man.

Evil Genius

Quote from: armaghniac on March 31, 2021, 10:21:54 AM
Edit: I was just speaking to someone whose brother was a recently retired surgeon in England. He put himself forward for the vaccination, but gave up because of all the bureaucracy, hand-washing courses (for a surgeon), child protection (when children do not get this vaccine) etc. So it is no better in England than in the ROI.
Note that the report below dates from April 2020:

Hundreds of thousands of volunteers will be called upon to deliver a mass roll out of the coronavirus vaccine, according to reports.

The NHS recruited more than 750,000 people in April, with duties to include delivering goods to the elderly and taking patients for hospital appointments.

But with the vaccine - which could be approved by next week - seen as the best shot at stamping out Covid-19 for good, they are now reportedly set to be trained up to administer the actual jabs.

An email sent to volunteers and seen by LBC, says they can be expected to be "trained to deliver a vaccination to a patient. They will also be ready to act if a patient has an adverse reaction".

While volunteers will also act as vaccination carers who "will support patients all the way through, from arrival to discharge".

St John Ambulance is recruiting 30,000 volunteers to operate the hubs and help deliver the vaccine in England.

Recruitment documents, seen by the Daily Mail, show volunteers are only required to have two or more A-levels, and reiterates they will be "trained to deliver the actual injection".

It then adds: "We'll provide training for non-first aiders, including administering injections."

Those who sign up must be aged 18-69, at a low risk of contracting coronavirus and able to work a minimum of two six to eight-hour shifts per month.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nhs-volunteers-trained-up-give-23101386

And while it may not subsequently have gone exactly to plan, the fact is that the NHS has been able to administer up to 800k doses per day, with availablilty of the vaccine itself, rather than a shortage of staff, being the only reason for lower daily figures.

My vaccine was administered by a trainee nurse.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Armagh18

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 31, 2021, 04:12:35 PM
Quote from: Louther on March 31, 2021, 09:25:48 AM
The application to work at the Vaccination centres in the 26 is on a par with the level of insanity that makes the HSE so inefficient and costly. It will struggle to get the required numbers to work in them, even if willing to volunteer.

If you already working in HSE or as a GP it doesn't seem to matter. There is reams of paperwork to submit. Police vetting from every country for every address you have lived in, clearance from every employer you have had, full CV and the best yet, copy of exam results for every exam taken since Junior Cert.
I read somewhere recently that Germany is still deciding whether to allow GP's, never mind Pharmacists, to administer the vaccine. (Might have been decided since?).

Also, their system is strictly federal, meaning you get lots of gaps etc in the programme. For example, one State has such strict Data Protection laws, that they don't have a record of their citizens ages anywhere.

So when they started the vaccination programme they were reduced to scanning the electoral roll and sending out the first invitations to people who had old-fashioned names, on the basis that they might be old!
Seriously? Feckingg hell

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on March 31, 2021, 04:15:52 PM

You're rattled wee man.

- Free State corruption
- FFG failings
- English football

Firstly, he isn't her brother? Can you address that for the 3rd time? You claimed and continue to claim it's the case. Can we really believe anything you say?

If you using Gript with it's known right wing agenda where facts are optional, what else have you said that comes form these type of sources.

And he Uncle held a minority shareholding in a listed company where the majority holding was his actual wife who he is separated from.

I don't know why you keep referencing Gript.

It seems to be that you like to spread baseless innuendo without a shred of evidence when your beloved Anglophile tendencies are exposed.

Diddums.

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on March 31, 2021, 04:33:21 PM
Quote from: Louther on March 31, 2021, 04:15:52 PM

You're rattled wee man.

- Free State corruption
- FFG failings
- English football

I don't know why you keep referencing Gript.

It seems to be that you like to spread baseless innuendo without a shred of evidence when your beloved Anglophile tendencies are exposed.

Diddums.

4th time - is Paul Carroll the TD's brother or Sister that you have claimed, as have Gript?

Can you not admit you got it wrong? Spoofer.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 31, 2021, 04:28:42 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on March 31, 2021, 04:12:35 PM

Seriously? Feckingg hell
That bit about the Data Protection was reported on BBC World Service radio, so I take it to be correct (at least then at any rate - may have been resolved since?)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

From an hour and a half ago:

"Experts investigating possible links between the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine and blood clots have so far found no specific risk factors, such as age, gender or medical history, European Union regulators have said.

However, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) said analysis was continuing.

It restated its view that the benefits of the vaccine in preventing Covid-19 outweighed any risk of side effects."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56586804
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

"Poland [population 37.8m] has reported the highest number of new virus-related deaths so far this year - 653 in 24 hours."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56586804

Yesterday's figure for the UK [population 68.1m] was 56 deaths.

Meanwhile, the UK vaccination rate currently covers 50.85% of the total population, whilst Poland's equivalent is 16.07%:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1196071/covid-19-vaccination-rate-in-europe-by-country/

Yet you still get morons advising us all not to get vaccinated.  >:(
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"