Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2021, 05:27:05 PM
Here's that link from Angelo

HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finland has suspended the use of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine while it investigates two possible cases of blood clots, the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare said on Friday

The coincidence theory being bandied about again.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: J70 on March 19, 2021, 03:01:18 PM
Differs dramatically from person to person.

I had my first Pfizer jab two weeks ago and had no ill effects apart from slightly sort arm at the injection site.

Bracing myself for the second one next week though! Apparently the second one is the tougher one, no matter which version you're going with.

Had my second shot of the moderna on Tuesday.  First shot gave me a sore arm (enough to wake me during the night) but no other issues.  Second shot gave me flu-like symptoms all Wednesday (ached all over, nausea), no aches Thursday, but some nausea.  Mostly grand today.   

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on March 19, 2021, 06:04:06 PM

HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finland has suspended the use of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine while it investigates two possible cases of blood clots, the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare said on Friday

It's your link  ;D ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2021, 06:54:31 PM

It's your link  ;D ;D ;D

Yes which is why Finland has stopped the vaccine.

Maybe you should contact the Finnish govt and tell them it's just a coincidence.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on March 19, 2021, 06:56:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2021, 06:54:31 PM

It's your link  ;D ;D ;D

Yes which is why Finland has stopped the vaccine.

Maybe you should contact the Finnish govt and tell them it's just a coincidence.

It's your post you used to show how dangerous it is ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Do you ever read the links?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

I see Boris on  the sky news website today giving 2 thumbs up after being given the astra zeneca virus. It reminds me somehow of Boris at the start of the pandemic saying he was visiting hospitals and shaking hands with everybody, then shortly afterwards catching covid and ending up in intensive care.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 19, 2021, 10:58:03 PM
I see Boris on  the sky news website today giving 2 thumbs up after being given the astra zeneca virus. It reminds me somehow of Boris at the start of the pandemic saying he was visiting hospitals and shaking hands with everybody, then shortly afterwards catching covid and ending up in intensive care.

He's one guy I'm hoping gets the Norway batch

sid waddell

33% of Daily Mail readers are anti-vaxxers

33% are mad to get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine because they think Boris and his oul fella invented it

The other 33% think it's a Big Pharma conspiracy that Johnson received a rival vaccine to the one they think he invented

Evil Genius

Quote from: trailer on March 19, 2021, 01:52:48 PM
The ROI vaccinated 300 people last Sunday. Three hundred. The government probably needed a lie down after all that hard work.
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 19, 2021, 01:53:35 PM
That's since been corrected. It was 303...

Seriously?

Yesterday the UK administered 660,276 doses, making just over 26m on their first jab, with another 2m who've got their second.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: Rossfan on March 19, 2021, 05:49:37 PM
Thanks EG.
They could pass them on to us then!
Update from today's paper:
"Just over 12 per cent of the EU population has been vaccinated, while more than half of its stockpile of around 15 million AstraZeneca jabs remains unused."

I wonder how the EU's lawsuit against AZ for non-delivery is going?
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

armaghniac

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 20, 2021, 02:13:21 PM
Yesterday the UK administered 660,276 doses, making just over 26m on their first jab, with another 2m who've got their second.

And most of those doses came from the EU and many of those secured by an opaque relationship with AZ who have not honoured their EU commitments.

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 20, 2021, 02:18:13 PM
"Just over 12 per cent of the EU population has been vaccinated, while more than half of its stockpile of around 15 million AstraZeneca jabs remains unused."

After a week when AZ was paused of course there is something of a stockpile, it won't take long to reduce that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

Quote from: armaghniac on March 20, 2021, 04:14:31 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on March 20, 2021, 02:13:21 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 19, 2021, 01:52:48 PM

And most of those doses came from the EU and many of those secured by an opaque relationship with AZ who have not honoured their EU commitments.

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 20, 2021, 02:18:13 PM

After a week when AZ was paused of course there is something of a stockpile, it won't take long to reduce that.

The EU signed the deal with AZ for Vaccines the day before the UK government did. However the UK have an agreement that they get priority as they fund a lot of this research. So they get first dibs on the Vaccine. They inserted this clause into their funding conditions. Good clever business.
The EU have been shown up to be a f**king shambles in regard to their vaccination programme and every time UVL opens her mouth I worry about what she'll say.

Evil Genius

Re the AZ non-delivery, 'Trailer' (I think) has already addressed why that is so.

And even if they didn't have good cause, how on earth cvan the EU complain about non-delivery if they haven't even used half the doses they have got!

As for the idea that "it won't take long" to reduce the stockpile after a one week pause, the stockile is at least 8m doses.

Which is more than eg France and Italy have adminstered in total after more than two months!

And that's for both AZ and Pfizer combined i.e. if they were to switch all their resources towards AZ, then their Pfizer stock would start backing up.

And that's if you can get people to accept the AZ vaccine. All this fecking about from Merckel and Macron etc has only fuelled vaccine hesitancy, not dispelled it.

Considering the UK's dreadful Covid record throughout 2020, I'm in no position to point-score or engage in vaccine nationalism etc.

But no-one can defend the EU's record on vaccination in 2021 - a total clusterfuck from the very beginning.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

armaghniac

Quote from: trailer on March 20, 2021, 04:19:24 PM
The EU signed the deal with AZ for Vaccines the day before the UK government did. However the UK have an agreement that they get priority as they fund a lot of this research. So they get first dibs on the Vaccine. They inserted this clause into their funding conditions. Good clever business.
The EU have been shown up to be a f**king shambles in regard to their vaccination programme and every time UVL opens her mouth I worry about what she'll say.

This is not good business, it is crooked business. If you sign a contract with someone and they are secondary to another party then you have to inform them of this. This is especially important if it concerns a matter where thousands of people may die because of your actions. And of course large part of the Oxford research was funded by the EU.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B