Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Lar Naparka

To attempt to get back on-topic:
I had the Pfizer Biontic jab on Tuesday. No problem with the injection and nothing out of the ordinary until early on Wednesday morning. I awoke with a throbbing pain in my vaccinatedd arm. I didn''t feel great- much the same as having a slight hangover.
Couldn't sleep on Wednesday night or last night either. Now, on Friday afternoon, I feel almost fully recovered.
The reaction was unpleasant while it lasted but, overall, I'm glad I was given the chance to get protected and I'd advise anyone who gets the chance to do so, not to hesitate
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

J70

Differs dramatically from person to person.

I had my first Pfizer jab two weeks ago and had no ill effects apart from slightly sort arm at the injection site.

Bracing myself for the second one next week though! Apparently the second one is the tougher one, no matter which version you're going with.

imtommygunn

My dad, mid 80s , has now had the both and , for once lol, hasn't complained about any of it.

This is a man who won't get the flu vaccine because he feels like crap after it.

6th sam

Quote from: J70 on March 19, 2021, 03:01:18 PM
Differs dramatically from person to person.

I had my first Pfizer jab two weeks ago and had no ill effects apart from slightly sort arm at the injection site.

Bracing myself for the second one next week though! Apparently the second one is the tougher one, no matter which version you're going with.

I've had my second one. I usually react badly to flu vacc. I have had absolutely no symptoms from either apart from a very slightly sore arm. Most people I've spoken to give a similar story

Louther

The other half has the Pzifer and no affects after first, slight headache after second but could have been caused by the nightshift pattern she was on at the time.

The Mammy has had no issues either. And she doesn't take the flu jab.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on March 19, 2021, 02:18:15 PM
3 people in Norway have died from Covid 19 under the age of 40 in the past 12 months.

2 people in Norway died from the vaccine in the past week

Just reflect on that for a minute.

What about the 2018 flu crisis though? I've missed that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Finland now suspends the AZ vaccine after two cases of blood clotting.

Well, well, well.

The coincidence theorists will have a job trying to explain this one.

It's funny how the lads holding up the scandanavian countries like Norway and Finland as the template of managing the virus will now engage in mental gymnastics to say they are conspiracy theorists and anti-vax because they think the vaccines are causing serious illness and deaths.

The double standards is out of this world.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Evil Genius

Dr. Steinar Madsen, Director of the Norwegian Medicines Agency, speaking yesterday after the EMA authorised use of the AZ vaccine (my emphasis):

He said Norway was in a "special situation" and has to take a "longer pause" to look into the problem but he said they are aware the vaccine is the only way out of the pandemic.

My guess is that like almost all the rest of Europe, they now accept that they should be using the AZ vaccine. However after the scare they've had domestically, they need to wait ("pause") before announcing it.

And consult 'Angelo'.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Angelo

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 19, 2021, 03:56:05 PM
Dr. Steinar Madsen, Director of the Norwegian Medicines Agency, speaking yesterday after the EMA authorised use of the AZ vaccine (my emphasis):

He said Norway was in a "special situation" and has to take a "longer pause" to look into the problem but he said they are aware the vaccine is the only way out of the pandemic.

My guess is that like almost all the rest of Europe, they now accept that they should be using the AZ vaccine. However after the scare they've had domestically, they need to wait ("pause") before announcing it.

And consult 'Angelo'.

Finland have just announced today they are suspending AZ vaccine

The EMA have dismissed these problems without any interest in investigation. Clearly the outlook in Scandanavian countries is that the AZ vaccine is causing serious illness and death in a demograph that would have a minimal chance of severe illness or death with Covid.

By the logic of the vaccine zealots here, Scandanavian countries are anti-vaxx.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Angelo on March 19, 2021, 04:00:05 PM

The EMA have dismissed these problems without any interest in investigation. Clearly the outlook in Scandanavian countries is that the AZ vaccine is causing serious illness and death in a demograph that would have a minimal chance of severe illness or death with Covid.
Are you saying that the EMA didn't take all data, including those from Scandinavia, into account before coming to their conclusion?

Or that they did look at it, but deliberately chose to ignore it, since it didn't suit them to accept it for some reason?
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Angelo

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 19, 2021, 04:10:59 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 19, 2021, 04:00:05 PM

Are you saying that the EMA didn't take all data, including those from Scandinavia, into account before coming to their conclusion?

Or that they did look at it, but deliberately chose to ignore it, since it didn't suit them to accept it for some reason?

It looks like it as there seems to be a huge conflict of opinions between the two.

The EMA seemed to dismiss any concerns from the get go. Their public utterances from the very start seemed to have been that it's fine and don't worry about what was bein said in Norway.

In Norway they still have the vaccine paused and have concluded that the vaccine was the the only possible cause of the blood clotting. Finland today have also gone against the EMA and halted the rollout of the AZ vaccine.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-finland-vaccinations/finland-suspends-use-of-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-idUSS3N27V02G

Rossfan

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 19, 2021, 01:19:43 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 19, 2021, 12:31:40 PM
Pfizer have greatly increased their production and they have proved capable of delivering, both in Europe and the USA. Moderna are delivering twice as much also, and J&J are starting. Once you are in June Curevac will come on board. I haven't mentioned AZ but even they should manage more in Q2 than Q1.
As was pointed out the other day, almost half of the vaccines which AZ have already delivered to the EU are yet to be used.

That's right, millions of AZ vaccine doses have been sitting unused in fridges around the continent, at the same time as EU politicians have been lacerating AZ for not delivering enough vaccines.

Which is just another example of politicians seeking to deflect the blame for their own incompetence onto others.
As you might say yourself....
Link?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Here's that link from Angelo

HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finland has suspended the use of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine while it investigates two possible cases of blood clots, the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare said on Friday
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

German hospital identify treatment for blood clot

https://www.dw.com/en/astrazeneca-german-team-discovers-thrombosis-trigger/a-56925550

So if there is a diagnosis technique and a treatment, then all that is needed is for doctors to monitor people will symptoms after a vaccine.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Evil Genius

Quote from: Rossfan on March 19, 2021, 05:00:50 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on March 19, 2021, 01:19:43 PM

As was pointed out the other day, almost half of the vaccines which AZ have already delivered to the EU are yet to be used.

That's right, millions of AZ vaccine doses have been sitting unused in fridges around the continent, at the same time as EU politicians have been lacerating AZ for not delivering enough vaccines.

Which is just another example of politicians seeking to deflect the blame for their own incompetence onto others.
As you might say yourself....
Link?
This isn't the source I heard, but it'll do the job:

"At the same time, some countries aren't using all the Oxford/AstraZeneca doses they do have. The most recent data available show the rate of administration — the doses used in each EU country versus the doses received — differs significantly by manufacturer. In Belgium, Hungary, the Netherlands and Slovenia, less than one-third of Oxford/AstraZeneca doses that were delivered have been administered up until March 7.

In Germany, where some people have reportedly turned down the offer to get vaccinated with the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab after the country's scientists raised concern over its efficacy in older populations, the administration rate for this vaccine is only slightly higher, with less than half of the AstraZeneca doses having been used."

https://www.politico.eu/article/coronavirus-covid19-vaccine-deliveries-in-europe-by-the-numbers/
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"