Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Milltown Row2

Quote from: restorepride on January 29, 2021, 11:12:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2021, 08:39:41 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 08:22:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2021, 02:16:28 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 01:42:20 PM
Good to see the European Court of Human Rights have passed legislation that allows for people to choose whether they are vaccinated or not.

https://pace.coe.int/en/files/29004/html

I know a good few posters here were on for abusing people's human rights and forcing a vaccine they have concerns with on them.

Be no good to you as you live outside of Europe now

You know where I live?

I knew that news would upset you though.

Cuckoo land? God knows where you live, thankfully nowhere near me
[/quotT
Tá iontas orm go bhfuil cead ag Naomh Gall postáil go fóill.  Ábhar náire ag a chlub.

Did you get that from Milltown Row?  Amazing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

So which is the vaccine to go for? Pfizer, astra zeneca, moderna or the Russian alternative?

From what I know I would go with pfizer or moderna. They seem to be more effective than astra zeneca.

South Laois man

The best one to go for is the first one your offered. Whether one is 90% effective and another 70% doesn't really matter. All the vaccines keep you from getting really sick which is all that really matters.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on February 06, 2021, 09:22:28 PM
Are the ones getting the vaccine here in the vulnerable category? Genuinely curious.

I got it, due to work. But I think you can only get it if you fall into the categories stated
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Reports that the South African variant challenges the AZ vaccine, people got the symptoms but not hospitalisation, but it not clear what the age profile of those tested were, asyoung people would have few hospitalisations anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Quote from: clarshack on February 06, 2021, 09:22:28 PM
Are the ones getting the vaccine here in the vulnerable category? Genuinely curious.

Get it through work as well. I'm administering them as part of my job.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 06, 2021, 07:22:11 PM
So which is the vaccine to go for? Pfizer, astra zeneca, moderna or the Russian alternative?

From what I know I would go with pfizer or moderna. They seem to be more effective than astra zeneca.

Sputik actually appears to be the best. Efficacy comparable to the best of the rest and 2 attack vectors on the virus.
i usse an speelchekor

Angelo

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 07, 2021, 09:52:24 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on February 06, 2021, 07:22:11 PM

Sputik actually appears to be the best. Efficacy comparable to the best of the rest and 2 attack vectors on the virus.

Not surprising to see Russia lead the way.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

I think the latest news on AZ shows that people do have a right to be cautious about this vaccine.

The fact that these cases in Norway are impacting young people is a severe cause for concern. I wonder how that will tie in with zealotry espoused on this thread by a number of posters who want to coerce fit and healthy people under the age of 40 to get a vaccine that may have serious consequences.

imtommygunn

I'm surprised no one is mentioning the speculation around Marvin Hagler and the vaccine causing him problems. I think it is supposed to be Hearns who said that is what happened him. (Could all just be nonsense on social media tbh)

sid waddell

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 15, 2021, 10:14:21 AM
I'm surprised no one is mentioning the speculation around Marvin Hagler and the vaccine causing him problems. I think it is supposed to be Hearns who said that is what happened him. (Could all just be nonsense on social media tbh)
That's well known medical doctor Thomas Hearns

imtommygunn

Yeah I get that but people do tend to latch on to these things.

GetOverTheBar

This type of thing was always going to happen the further we got down the line with the vaccine.

The people being vaccinated against Covid are the weakest of the population, nobody lives forever. We need to keep a level head here, people will always die. We must not assume it is because of the vaccine. Or any complications were because of the vaccine.

At the start of the Covid discussion this was the stick to beat people with, do people not die anymore etc. Now it's starting to go full circle.

With Covid there is a tendency to be 100% one view or the other. As with life however, there are areas that fall between the extremes. This is one of those. People should not jump on the anti vax train here because of blood clotting reports - we need to continue doing what we are doing, if there is an issue of course it must be treated with complete seriousness, but I think the Irish Govt has unnecessarily caused a bit of trouble here.

This is going to continue now for the foreseeable. Hopefully its a panic over nothing, it's good to see people being cautious obviously but it really does nothing for the programme, the younger buy in, and a return to 'normal' life.

lenny

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 15, 2021, 11:37:32 AM
This type of thing was always going to happen the further we got down the line with the vaccine.

The people being vaccinated against Covid are the weakest of the population, nobody lives forever. We need to keep a level head here, people will always die. We must not assume it is because of the vaccine. Or any complications were because of the vaccine.

At the start of the Covid discussion this was the stick to beat people with, do people not die anymore etc. Now it's starting to go full circle.

With Covid there is a tendency to be 100% one view or the other. As with life however, there are areas that fall between the extremes. This is one of those. People should not jump on the anti vax train here because of blood clotting reports - we need to continue doing what we are doing, if there is an issue of course it must be treated with complete seriousness, but I think the Irish Govt has unnecessarily caused a bit of trouble here.

This is going to continue now for the foreseeable. Hopefully its a panic over nothing, it's good to see people being cautious obviously but it really does nothing for the programme, the younger buy in, and a return to 'normal' life.

The proportion of people getting clots is consistent with the number who would normally get clots in the overall population. If nobody got clots having had the vaccine then the vaccine would be rightly hailed as a miracle cure for clots. 13 people have had clots out of millions of people who've received the vaccine.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on March 15, 2021, 11:49:02 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 15, 2021, 11:37:32 AM

The proportion of people getting clots is consistent with the number who would normally get clots in the overall population. If nobody got clots having had the vaccine then the vaccine would be rightly hailed as a miracle cure for clots. 13 people have had clots out of millions of people who've received the vaccine.

Are blood clots common in young people? This is typical of the narrative here

If someone dies or gets ill with Covid - tie the death or illness to Covid.

If someone dies or gets ill shortly after getting a vaccine - do not investigate any potential link to the vaccine.

It's confirmation bias and it's very sinisiter.

There is clearly enough concern from regulatory bodies to want to investigate the cause but we have a person of complete ignorance like you telling us that everything is grand?

Dead on.