Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Angelo

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 16, 2021, 07:44:08 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 03:55:31 PM
Up to 29 dead in Norway now from the vaccine.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-16/norway-vaccine-fatalities-among-people-75-and-older-rise-to-29

Norway has given at least one dose to about 33,000 people, focusing on those considered to be most at risk if they contract the virus, including the elderly.

23/33000 = 0.09%

Current case mortality rate for a comparable group is likely to be between 5 and 10%.

So the vaccine is only around 5000 times safer then. [I suppose, to be fair, it remains to be seen whether anyone from the vaccinated group gets (and dies from) COVID or not]

So you're saying that Norway have vaccinated 33k senior citizens?

It's 29 deaths now and Covid has only killed 517 people in Norway in the 10 odd months of its existence.

Anyway, what is interesting is that you don't see it as a problem. The thing that is meant to protect the vulnerable and the elderly from Covid, in actual fact also ends up killing a rather significant amount of them.

We know, unequivocally that the chances of Covid killing you or causing you extreme complications are tiny if you're under 40 and in good health - this demograph do not need the vaccine. The vaccine then looks like it causes problems for the demograph it really is designed to protect.

What is the actual upside of this vaccine other than enriching big pharma.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

People who have died of 'vaccination' could have died of old age or whatever terminal illness they had, do we have that information?

Or are people saying they died because of the vaccine?

We'd a clampit saying people would be dying of flu old age and other terminal illnesses and nothing related to Covid, and thats fine

I suppose you could use any information to suit your argument.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 16, 2021, 08:59:00 PM
People who have died of 'vaccination' could have died of old age or whatever terminal illness they had, do we have that information?

Or are people saying they died because of the vaccine?

We'd a clampit saying people would be dying of flu old age and other terminal illnesses and nothing related to Covid, and thats fine

I suppose you could use any information to suit your argument.
Anti vax people will say its because of the vaccine and nothing will convince them otherwise.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 16, 2021, 08:59:00 PM

So by your logic:

Old person dies of vaccine - ah they were old.

Old person dies of Covid - we must shut everything down and save lives from Covid.

And then you have the other eejit rabbiting on about anti-vaxxers......

Deary, deary me.

The mental gymnastics you guys engage is unbelievable.

We know 90%+ of Covid deaths are over 60s, we know 65% or thereabouts are over the age of 80. We know 93% of people who are recorded as Covid deaths have underlying health issues. BUT IGNORE ALL OF THIS WHEN SOMEONE DIES OF COVID.

We know those who died due to side effects of the vaccine were elderly and in poor health SO RELAY THE DEATH COMPLETELY TO THIS SINGLE FACTOR

You're either an idiot or you just have a very callous way of dealing with what is clearly obvious.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 08:53:26 PM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-16/norway-vaccine-fatalities-among-people-75-and-older-rise-to-29

Norway has given at least one dose to about 33,000 people, focusing on those considered to be most at risk if they contract the virus, including the elderly.

23/33000 = 0.09%

Current case mortality rate for a comparable group is likely to be between 5 and 10%.

So the vaccine is only around 5000 times safer then. [I suppose, to be fair, it remains to be seen whether anyone from the vaccinated group gets (and dies from) COVID or not]

Thats a direct quote from YOUR link.

F88k me - do you actually bother to read your own stuff beyond the headline?
i usse an speelchekor

Angelo

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 16, 2021, 09:43:11 PM

23/33000 = 0.09%

You're the one that gave us the 0.009% figure.

That figure is disingenuous and misleading, more than likely your intention.

Most of those vaccinated with the vaccine so far are frontline healthcare workers, not senior citizens. So your figure is inaccurate and designed to mislead. The quote you mentioned has nothing to do with that and does not in anyway support your misinformation, it actually corrects it.

So maybe do a bit more reading yourself next time.

RadioGAAGAA

Anyway, what is interesting is that you don't see it as a problem.

Did I say that?

I put it in perspective.

Anyway, what is intereThe thing that is meant to protect the vulnerable and the elderly from Covid, in actual fact also ends up killing a rather significant amount of them.

Insufficient data for that conclusion.

What is the actual upside of this vaccine other than enriching big pharma.

Re-read the post you quoted. Particularly the bit comparing case mortality to vaccine "mortality".
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 09:46:00 PM

23/33000 = 0.09%

Most of those vaccinated with the vaccine so far are frontline healthcare workers, not senior citizens. So your figure is inaccurate and designed to mislead. The quote you mentioned has nothing to do with that and does not in anyway support your misinformation, it actually corrects it.

Quotefocusing on those considered to be most at risk if they contract the virus, including the elderly

"IF THEY" - Not "OF".

Again, a bit more reading is in order for yourself Angelo. Or are you unable to actually parse a sentence correctly?

Given that I have interpreted the sentence correctly - at least - assuming bloomberg have written what they meant to state - then 23/33000 is the correct sum.
i usse an speelchekor

RedHand88

Lads arguing over a scientifically proven vaccine on an Internet forum at 10pm on a Saturday night, pubs cant reopen quick enough!

Angelo

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 16, 2021, 09:50:12 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 09:46:00 PM

23/33000 = 0.09%

Quotefocusing on those considered to be most at risk if they contract the virus, including the elderly

"IF THEY" - Not "OF".

Again, a bit more reading is in order for yourself Angelo. Or are you unable to actually parse a sentence correctly?

Given that I have interpreted the sentence correctly - at least - assuming bloomberg have written what they meant to state - then 23/33000 is the correct sum.

We're talking about the elderly here, are you saying the 33k vaccinated are the elderly.

You really need to clarify this. The majority of this people are health care workers who have been vaccinated, not the elderly so you should trying to mislead people that the 0.009% is of the elderly. It's clearly not, the quote in the article refutes the message you are putting out there.

Angelo

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 16, 2021, 09:55:36 PM
Lads arguing over a scientifically proven vaccine on an Internet forum at 10pm on a Saturday night, pubs cant reopen quick enough!

Because big pharma would never do anything wrong? They would never endanger human life for profits?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 09:57:10 PM
You really need to clarify this. The majority of this people are health care workers who have been vaccinated, not the elderly so you should trying to mislead people that the 0.009% is of the elderly. It's clearly not, the quote in the article refutes the message you are putting out there.

Look... the quote clearly states those at MOST AT RISK IF THEY GET covid. Get that into your head.

Young health care workers - by your very own admission - are not among the most at risk IF THEY GET IT. They are at high risk OF getting it. But the consequences aren't there.

Note also, in my original point on the matter - I said "mortality rate for a comparable group" - so I am not limiting it to elderly only, but also those with underlying conditions etc.
i usse an speelchekor

RedHand88

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 09:57:57 PM

Because big pharma would never do anything wrong? They would never endanger human life for profits?

Angelo, I've had the first dose of the vaccine, im the healthiest I've ever been.

Angelo

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 16, 2021, 10:05:46 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 09:57:10 PM

Look... the quote clearly states those at MOST AT RISK IF THEY GET covid. Get that into your head.

Young health care workers - by your very own admission - are not among the most at risk IF THEY GET IT. They are at high risk OF getting it. But the consequences aren't there.

Note also, in my original point on the matter - I said "mortality rate for a comparable group" - so I am not limiting it to elderly only, but also those with underlying conditions etc.

How many of the most at risk did they vaccinate? Giving me a figure? Or is it that you do not have a clue about that and you are making massive assumptions and trying to then, disingenuously pass them as factual and linking them to a quote that does not in anyway support your assumptions.

How many of the 33k vaccinations in Norway were given to those in the most at risk category? Give him a figure, a % or round figure will do? I've asked you this before but I think the reason you have neglected to answer this is because you have said something that you don't actually know.

The vast majority of vaccinations seem to be given to healthcare workers. I know the figures down south on the vaccination during the week said that 90% of vaccines administered were given to front line health care workers with the remaining 10% to those in nursing homes.

So address the question, if you don't know say so and then retract the misleading comment you made.

Angelo

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 16, 2021, 10:09:50 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 09:57:57 PM

Angelo, I've had the first dose of the vaccine, im the healthiest I've ever been.

Good for you.

But if you're under 40 then I don't think the vaccine really does anything for you.

0.008% fatality rate in 0-19s in the north so far.
0.006% fatality rate in 20-39 in the north so far.