Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on January 06, 2021, 10:56:07 AM
It's time for Franko to stop running away and answer the question.

How many more failed lockdowns do you want to bring? How many more suicides, job losses, domestic violence incidents do you want to take place before trying something else?

More squirming, and no answers.

More pathetic stuff from our resident gobshite.

Make your case.

trueblue1234

How many more failed lockdowns do you want to bring? How many more suicides, job losses, domestic violence incidents do you want to take place before trying something else?

Not to talk for Franko, But just because you say failed lockdowns, doesn't actually make them failed lockdowns. They did exactly what it said on the tin. Reduce covid deaths and reduce pressure on the NHS. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2021, 10:57:52 AM
Angelo, break this down for me please..

Because someone has underlying conditions, does that mean they would have died anyways whether they caught covid or not?

It means that if they had Covid when they died or within a certain time period, they are registered as Covid being the cause of death when this may not have been true at all.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Franko on January 06, 2021, 11:00:54 AM

More squirming, and no answers.

More pathetic stuff from our resident gobshite.

Make your case.

Why won't you answer the question?

You demand it off others yet you can't answer it yourself. Just shows the type of coward you are. A complete and utter shaper who can snipe from the side but has nothing behind it.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 06, 2021, 11:03:58 AM

Because someone has underlying conditions, does that mean they would have died anyways whether they caught covid or not?

It means that if they had Covid when they died or within a certain time period, they are registered as Covid being the cause of death when this may not have been true at all.
Correct. Around 8-9%. Which they have reported on. Via the report I linked to you.

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 06, 2021, 11:03:55 AM

Not to talk for Franko, But just because you say failed lockdowns, doesn't actually make them failed lockdowns. They did exactly what it said on the tin. Reduce covid deaths and reduce pressure on the NHS.

They are failures. They have not worked. They have caused absolute carnage to people's mental health, relationships, support services to vulnerable groupings, the economy, people's livelihoods.

We'll get data somewhere down the line on suicides this year, if they have seen a notable rise in 2020 and you going to have the nerve to come on here and tell us lockdowns worked? They have been utter failures, if they worked we would not have had Lockdown 2.0 and now Lockdown 3.0.

Lockdowns are essentially governments washing their hands of responsibility, it's there way of citing compliance of the people as the failures of health services and proper planning to live with the virus.

trailer

Angelo - the big Irish man. Out to free Ireland. Loves people who laid their lives down for their country and their fellow comrades.... but strangely not willing to take a vaccine to protect himself and others, to protect the most vulnerable in Irish society... this is the paradox that I cannot understand.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 06, 2021, 11:08:39 AM

They are failures. They have not worked. They have caused absolute carnage to people's mental health, relationships, support services to vulnerable groupings, the economy, people's livelihoods.

We'll get data somewhere down the line on suicides this year, if they have seen a notable rise in 2020 and you going to have the nerve to come on here and tell us lockdowns worked? They have been utter failures, if they worked we would not have had Lockdown 2.0 and now Lockdown 3.0.

Lockdowns are essentially governments washing their hands of responsibility, it's there way of citing compliance of the people as the failures of health services and proper planning to live with the virus.

They have worked. I can't be bothered arguing this anymore. It's opinion based so the reality is that your not changing your mind on their success and I'm not changing my position and neither will be able to prove anything definitively so we're as well to save time and leave it there.

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 06, 2021, 11:06:09 AM

Correct. Around 8-9%. Which they have reported on. Via the report I linked to you.

That's utterly bogus though.

You're telling me that 91% of people who had Covid when they died from it, died as a result of Covid?

You're telling me this when 93% of people who die from Covid already had underlying health conditions, 66% of people who died from Covid were over the age of 80. And you're seriously, seriously trying to tell me that of all these people who died with a positive Covid test, died from Covid? Seriously?

Imagine if classifed deaths from flu under the exact same criteria, imagine if we tested every person who dies for flu?

People must not die from cancer, heart disease, respiratory failure or old age anymore.

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 06, 2021, 11:12:09 AM

They have worked. I can't be bothered arguing this anymore. It's opinion based so the reality is that your not changing your mind on their success and I'm not changing my position and neither will be able to prove anything definitively so we're as well to save time and leave it there.

If they work why are we in Lockdown 2.0 and Lockdown 3.0. What lockdowns have been proven to do is absolutely decimate employment, the economy, cause huge mental health issues, neglect vulnerable groupings who rely on support services and care, have a deep impact of the social development and education of children etc.

But you don't seem to consider that at all.

Would a lockdown have prevented 50k excess deaths in the winter flu season of 17/18? Should we have locked down then in hindsight?

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on January 06, 2021, 11:10:12 AM
Angelo - the big Irish man. Out to free Ireland. Loves people who laid their lives down for their country and their fellow comrades.... but strangely not willing to take a vaccine to protect himself and others, to protect the most vulnerable in Irish society... this is the paradox that I cannot understand.

The vaccine is not a threat to my demograph. There is no evidence to suggest the vaccine will stop me contracting or transmitting the disease. The only motive for me to get the vaccine is to minimise any severe symptoms from the virus which does not seem to be the case from my demograph.

So your hysterical post is risible. So I won't be bowing to your hysterical, bullying behaviour because you are talking out of your arse.

Milltown Row2

But if they had underlying conditions, lets say COPD for instance, and died because when they contracted Covid, did Covid kill them? or did they die quicker because of both factors?

Do you think they would have lived longer without covid being around?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 06, 2021, 11:12:57 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 06, 2021, 11:06:09 AM

That's utterly bogus though.

You're telling me that 91% of people who had Covid when they died from it, died as a result of Covid?

You're telling me this when 93% of people who die from Covid already had underlying health conditions, 66% of people who died from Covid were over the age of 80. And you're seriously, seriously trying to tell me that of all these people who died with a positive Covid test, died from Covid? Seriously?

Imagine if classifed deaths from flu under the exact same criteria, imagine if we tested every person who dies for flu?

People must not die from cancer, heart disease, respiratory failure or old age anymore.

You'd want to pick that up with them. But I'd advise you go prepared. So state the facts that you have at your disposal.

Rather that just repeating a question which they have already answered but you seem unwilling to accept.

I should point out that people do die of other ailments. Do you think everyone who has dies in 2020 has been from Covid? Dementia and Alzheimer still leading the way. However if someone who has Dementia and dies due to getting covid as well, then they will be recorded as a Covid Death. Rightly so, unless you think that just because they were terminal with another illness means they can't die from Covid? I don't actually know if you are actually this stupid or just enjoy arguing. I thought it was more the latter but now, i'll be honest I'm not so sure.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2021, 11:20:06 AM

But if they had underlying conditions, lets say COPD for instance, and died because when they contracted Covid, did Covid kill them? or did they die quicker because of both factors?

Do you think they would have lived longer without covid being around?

Maybe, maybe not.

But I know for a fact that people who have died and had underlying health conditions, who did not show any sign of symptom of having Covid, tested positive for Covid and had Covid registered as the cause of their death. How does that make sense?

Imagine if we had the exact same criteria for recording Covid deaths with seasonal flu every winter? Is a virulent strain of flu not extremely life threatening for someone with COPD or respiratory problems?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 06, 2021, 11:15:30 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 06, 2021, 11:12:09 AM

If they work why are we in Lockdown 2.0 and Lockdown 3.0. What lockdowns have been proven to do is absolutely decimate employment, the economy, cause huge mental health issues, neglect vulnerable groupings who rely on support services and care, have a deep impact of the social development and education of children etc.

But you don't seem to consider that at all.

Would a lockdown have prevented 50k excess deaths in the winter flu season of 17/18? Should we have locked down then in hindsight?

Did you think a Lock down was going to keep the spread down after it finished? Is that actually what you are saying? That you believed one lock down was going to get rid of Covid. If this is your level of debate I would maybe hang the boots up.

As for the bit in bold, No, they should have taken measures and increased the level of vaccines pushed out.
But it's good that you brought it up, can you imagine what 2020 would have been like if we hadn't locked down. Imagine what the numbers would have been like if we hadn't taken those precautions. Even with them, we were well over the worse winter flu season in years. It's actually scary to think what might have happened had we not acted.