Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

JoG2

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on December 23, 2020, 03:13:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2020, 01:53:39 PM
Quote from: Chief on December 23, 2020, 01:37:53 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 23, 2020, 01:36:23 PM
I'll chat about anything, what you and Milhouse were doing was trying to score points with a care home resident, you show what type of person you are, we all knew Milhouses form.

You raised it to make a point did you not?

He did, was waiting on being asked whether his person in care will be receiving the vaccine or not. As he didn't want it to be given without consent.

Anyway, I'm bored

You are also a selfish self centred individual whose only purpose on here is to try and make yourself feel superior and to hell with everyone and anyone. Bet your family and popping the champagne knowing you wont be over this Christmas.

Have a lovely xmas
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seaney

Quote from: JoG2 on December 23, 2020, 03:24:57 PM
Step away from the eggnog Seany!  ;D

Bet that give you a semi, another one who couldn't communicate in the real world.

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2020, 03:32:05 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 23, 2020, 03:13:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2020, 01:53:39 PM
Quote from: Chief on December 23, 2020, 01:37:53 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 23, 2020, 01:36:23 PM
I'll chat about anything, what you and Milhouse were doing was trying to score points with a care home resident, you show what type of person you are, we all knew Milhouses form.

You raised it to make a point did you not?

He did, was waiting on being asked whether his person in care will be receiving the vaccine or not. As he didn't want it to be given without consent.

Anyway, I'm bored

You are also a selfish self centred individual whose only purpose on here is to try and make yourself feel superior and to hell with everyone and anyone. Bet your family and popping the champagne knowing you wont be over this Christmas.

Have a lovely xmas

You are a parasite of a human being, you can comment on any topic but end game is you think you are special, above everyone, your family will enjoy Christmas away from your bile, bet your the family member whom everyone hates.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 12:42:57 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on December 20, 2020, 09:09:20 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 20, 2020, 02:17:38 PM
Looks like the new don't look at the No Deal UK strain might need a new vaccine!

Looks like Seany/Angelo needs to delete another of their Covid theories.

The US surgeon general does not think the variant will be immune to the vaccine.

The deputy head of Europe's biology laboratory researching Covid 19 also does not think the new strain will be immune to any vaccine but will do tests to confirm

My concerns are over the safety of the vaccine, not its effectiveness.

You should pay more attention.

Do you have different concerns over the different vaccines or is it a blanket approach?

Perhaps if could set out your safety concerns for each approved vaccine?

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 01:41:27 PM
I've told you how big pharma are only interested in the bottom line
Do you grow ALL your own food and produce all your own alcohol, medications etc? Or do you get it exclusively from non commercial suppliers?
they regularly bribe approvers, doctors and medical institutions to promote and sanction drugs they know they are severe concerns of.
That is a huge allegation against Oxford university. Link to the evidence please?
Also post the link to proof of MHRA taking back handers?

We also know this is an unprecedented turnaround for a vaccine
Do you really need this explained to again Des?

there is huge pressure on to be approved.
Show the evidence of the pressure on the MHRA and then explain why the MHRA delayed the approval of the Oxford vaccine until they entirely satisfied?

If the above is the thing you are relying on when you said you had already set out your position then I think you should start to consideration as to why if your points are so good why your posts are so poor.

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 09:30:06 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 21, 2020, 09:04:17 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 06:58:50 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 21, 2020, 06:30:18 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 04:24:24 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on December 21, 2020, 04:20:16 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 04:02:24 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 21, 2020, 04:00:55 PM
So 2 examples unrelated to safety and one example with potential safety implications from over 16 years ago. The CEO is willing to jeopardise the health of tens of millions of people and a product recall resulting in a tanked share price for a personal lift of 700k?

Unrelated to safety????
Excuse me???

Promoting drugs not even approved by market regulators!!!!!!

FFS.

The CEO and Pfizer's board quite clearly don't care about anything other than their own self-interests.

The verdict in the 2nd case you referenced was actually overturned on appeal.

https://www.ft.com/content/d7f6197a-6a58-11e8-8cf3-0c230fa67aec

The CMA then failed to have this decision reversed. Strange you don't mention that when you linked the original verdict. You must be aware of it given you seem to know so much about how big pharma/corporate CEOs operate.

https://www.ft.com/content/9210d88a-62f1-11ea-b3f3-fe4680ea68b5

So the prices just magically rose by 2600% and you don't see anything unethical about it and how people with illnesses are being deprived of affordable medication?

It shows the culture of Pfizer, money is king and they couldn't give a toss about the general health and wellbeing of their end user. If they can get away with killing them they don't mind.
If me or my family are unfortunate enough to need one of their vaccines, rare disease or oncological treatments then I'll grab it with both hands. You can the your chances without the drugs and see how you go.

Will you take the vaccine?
Yes. I'm well down the list but I'll take it when I'm due to get it.

Good for you.

I'm going to look after my health and take all the necessary precautions to avoid Covid but as long as I have a choice I won't be getting the vaccine.

Please also do all that you can to take care of the health of others

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on December 22, 2020, 10:58:35 AM
Quote from: trileacman on December 21, 2020, 09:41:32 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 09:30:06 PM
I'm going to look after my health and take all the necessary precautions to avoid Covid but as long as I have a choice I won't be getting the vaccine.

Why?

Covid is not a threat to my demograph in general terms. We know nothing about this virus yet other than there is massive public will to rush it through in an unprecedented timeline.

What about the people around you? Or the people around those in your demographic??

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on December 23, 2020, 09:47:52 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 22, 2020, 08:52:13 PM
Yes Angelo be great to eat Kentucky fried chicken and not get fat but the reality is very simple if you put yourself in a position or if your family put you in a position that youse catch Covid then the chances are you have already spread it, do the sensible thing and take the vaccine that will hopefully minimise your illness and the illness of others.

Anyone who feels that they are taking precautions and won't get it is stupid. I've known plenty who have 'taken precautions' and got it

And there is no proof the vaccine will stop me catching the vaccine and transmitting it either. The best way of contracting the virus is to follow all the guidelines between limiting contacts and hygiene, which I have done and will continue to do so. If I was happy that this vaccine was satisfactorily tested and completely safe I would have no issue getting it but none of us know that yet and as Covid only really causes mild illness to people of my demograph then that makes my mind up.

So the Angelo plan is to maintain the social restrictions forever?

Angelo

Quote from: LCohen on December 31, 2020, 03:22:15 PM
Looks like the new don't look at the No Deal UK strain might need a new vaccine!

The US surgeon general does not think the variant will be immune to the vaccine.

The deputy head of Europe's biology laboratory researching Covid 19 also does not think the new strain will be immune to any vaccine but will do tests to confirm

Do you have different concerns over the different vaccines or is it a blanket approach?

What other vaccines? I haven't taken or have had the need to take a vaccine in my adult life.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

The LCohen strategy of bombarding posters with questions while not answering any posed to him is in full flow again.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on December 31, 2020, 04:00:32 PM
The LCohen strategy of bombarding posters with questions while not answering any posed to him is in full flow again.

Sicken him and answer the questions, that'll show him/ shut him up.

come on you're better than that, more intelligent Let him have it!!

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on December 23, 2020, 01:40:28 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 23, 2020, 12:13:48 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 23, 2020, 12:04:38 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 23, 2020, 12:01:49 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 23, 2020, 12:01:08 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 23, 2020, 11:47:19 AM
Quote from: Angelo on December 23, 2020, 09:47:52 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 22, 2020, 08:52:13 PM
Yes Angelo be great to eat Kentucky fried chicken and not get fat but the reality is very simple if you put yourself in a position or if your family put you in a position that youse catch Covid then the chances are you have already spread it, do the sensible thing and take the vaccine that will hopefully minimise your illness and the illness of others.

Anyone who feels that they are taking precautions and won't get it is stupid. I've known plenty who have 'taken precautions' and got it

And there is no proof the vaccine will stop me catching the vaccine and transmitting it either. The best way of contracting the virus is to follow all the guidelines between limiting contacts and hygiene, which I have done and will continue to do so. If I was happy that this vaccine was satisfactorily tested and completely safe I would have no issue getting it but none of us know that yet and as Covid only really causes mild illness to people of my demograph then that makes my mind up.
Some of us do know it's been satisfactorily tested. You can never give a guarantee on any vaccine, there's always a small level of risk. Just the same as you can't guarantee that you won't get and won't pass it on todo done vulnerable.

How do you know?
Because I'm not stupid.

So you don't know.

Thanks for clarifying.
Sorry just to clarify which question? Is the Vaccine safe - yes it's been through all required testing. Is there a risk of serious side effects? Yes between 1-2 in a million. Same all vaccines who have went through the same testing.
That you can't guarantee you won't get COVID - because I'm not stupid.

Vaccines have gone through the testing before and been found to have side effects. This particular vaccine was rushed through an unprecedented timeline. We then have the issue of Big Pharma, an industry famed for disregarding the welfare of the end user of its products in favour of profits and a culture of bribes, kickbacks, inducements to approve/promote drugs they know could be harmful.

So the same risk of side effects as Covid would be to cause some in my demograph serious health problems?

The bottom line is we don't really know much about the vaccine yet, the coming months will inform us.

Do any of the products you consume (say food, drink, medicines, toiletries or cosmetics) have any side effects?

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on December 31, 2020, 03:59:38 PM
Quote from: LCohen on December 31, 2020, 03:22:15 PM

What other vaccines? I haven't taken or have had the need to take a vaccine in my adult life.
There was something in the news about another Covid-19 vaccine.