Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 23, 2020, 11:47:19 AM
Quote from: Angelo on December 23, 2020, 09:47:52 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 22, 2020, 08:52:13 PM
Yes Angelo be great to eat Kentucky fried chicken and not get fat but the reality is very simple if you put yourself in a position or if your family put you in a position that youse catch Covid then the chances are you have already spread it, do the sensible thing and take the vaccine that will hopefully minimise your illness and the illness of others.

Anyone who feels that they are taking precautions and won't get it is stupid. I've known plenty who have 'taken precautions' and got it

And there is no proof the vaccine will stop me catching the vaccine and transmitting it either. The best way of contracting the virus is to follow all the guidelines between limiting contacts and hygiene, which I have done and will continue to do so. If I was happy that this vaccine was satisfactorily tested and completely safe I would have no issue getting it but none of us know that yet and as Covid only really causes mild illness to people of my demograph then that makes my mind up.
Some of us do know it's been satisfactorily tested. You can never give a guarantee on any vaccine, there's always a small level of risk. Just the same as you can't guarantee that you won't get and won't pass it on todo done vulnerable.

How do you know?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on December 23, 2020, 12:01:08 PM
Yes Angelo be great to eat Kentucky fried chicken and not get fat but the reality is very simple if you put yourself in a position or if your family put you in a position that youse catch Covid then the chances are you have already spread it, do the sensible thing and take the vaccine that will hopefully minimise your illness and the illness of others.

Anyone who feels that they are taking precautions and won't get it is stupid. I've known plenty who have 'taken precautions' and got it

And there is no proof the vaccine will stop me catching the vaccine and transmitting it either. The best way of contracting the virus is to follow all the guidelines between limiting contacts and hygiene, which I have done and will continue to do so. If I was happy that this vaccine was satisfactorily tested and completely safe I would have no issue getting it but none of us know that yet and as Covid only really causes mild illness to people of my demograph then that makes my mind up.
Some of us do know it's been satisfactorily tested. You can never give a guarantee on any vaccine, there's always a small level of risk. Just the same as you can't guarantee that you won't get and won't pass it on todo done vulnerable.

How do you know?
Because I'm not stupid.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 23, 2020, 12:01:49 PM

How do you know?
Because I'm not stupid.

So you don't know.

Thanks for clarifying.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on December 23, 2020, 12:04:38 PM

How do you know?
Because I'm not stupid.

So you don't know.

Thanks for clarifying.
Sorry just to clarify which question? Is the Vaccine safe - yes it's been through all required testing. Is there a risk of serious side effects? Yes between 1-2 in a million. Same all vaccines who have went through the same testing.
That you can't guarantee you won't get COVID - because I'm not stupid.

Chief

Quote from: Seaney on December 23, 2020, 11:36:24 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 22, 2020, 10:31:26 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 22, 2020, 09:03:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 22, 2020, 11:49:15 AM
Quote from: Seaney on October 22, 2020, 12:54:32 PM
No nor will any of my family.

Seaney the first page of this thread (will you take vaccine) you said no, and nor will my family!

Jesus you are as thick as pigs shite, read the thread title.

So thicko, the person that's in your family that you care for. Have they taken the vaccine?

No one in my care has had the vaccine, what's your point Milhouse?

I'm guessing Seymour, that's he is wondering (like the rest of us) about your posts which said you would end up having to give to said family member the vaccine?

Seaney

Quote from: Chief on December 23, 2020, 12:31:30 PM

Seaney the first page of this thread (will you take vaccine) you said no, and nor will my family!

So thicko, the person that's in your family that you care for. Have they taken the vaccine?

I'm guessing Seymour, that's he is wondering (like the rest of us) about your posts which said you would end up having to give to said family member the vaccine?

Can I clarify once again for the halfwits trying to score points of a care home resident. I, like you I am sure, are not in charge of my siblings or parents, I am also not a medical practitioner so won't be administering any vaccinations to anyone. My parent in care is not in my charge they are there under a Deprivation of Liberty from the Courts and Tibunals Service, so you and Milhouse wind your f**king necks in and have some human decency for folk not as well of as you and yours.

Chief

Quote from: Seaney on December 23, 2020, 01:13:17 PM
Quote from: Chief on December 23, 2020, 12:31:30 PM

Can I clarify once again for the halfwits trying to score points of a care home resident. I, like you I am sure, are not in charge of my siblings or parents, I am also not a medical practitioner so won't be administering any vaccinations to anyone. My parent in care is not in my charge they are there under a Deprivation of Liberty from the Courts and Tibunals Service, so you and Milhouse wind your f**king necks in and have some human decency for folk not as well of as you and yours.

When did I not show decency Seymour?

All I did was ask about someone you brought up in this forum and juxtaposed it against your publicly aired views.

To the extent you don't want to chat about it, don't raise it in a forum.

Given it's clearly personal I'm happy to leave it though. It's your business not mine.

Seaney

I'll chat about anything, what you and Milhouse were doing was trying to score points with a care home resident, you show what type of person you are, we all knew Milhouses form.

Chief

Quote from: Seaney on December 23, 2020, 01:36:23 PM
I'll chat about anything, what you and Milhouse were doing was trying to score points with a care home resident, you show what type of person you are, we all knew Milhouses form.

You raised it to make a point did you not?

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 23, 2020, 12:13:48 PM

How do you know?
Because I'm not stupid.

So you don't know.

Thanks for clarifying.
Sorry just to clarify which question? Is the Vaccine safe - yes it's been through all required testing. Is there a risk of serious side effects? Yes between 1-2 in a million. Same all vaccines who have went through the same testing.

Vaccines have gone through the testing before and been found to have side effects. This particular vaccine was rushed through an unprecedented timeline. We then have the issue of Big Pharma, an industry famed for disregarding the welfare of the end user of its products in favour of profits and a culture of bribes, kickbacks, inducements to approve/promote drugs they know could be harmful.

So the same risk of side effects as Covid would be to cause some in my demograph serious health problems?

The bottom line is we don't really know much about the vaccine yet, the coming months will inform us.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Chief on December 23, 2020, 01:37:53 PM

He did, was waiting on being asked whether his person in care will be receiving the vaccine or not. As he didn't want it to be given without consent.

Anyway, I'm bored
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on December 23, 2020, 01:40:28 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 23, 2020, 12:13:48 PM

How do you know?
Because I'm not stupid.

So you don't know.

Thanks for clarifying.

Vaccines have gone through the testing before and been found to have side effects. This particular vaccine was rushed through an unprecedented timeline. We then have the issue of Big Pharma, an industry famed for disregarding the welfare of the end user of its products in favour of profits and a culture of bribes, kickbacks, inducements to approve/promote drugs they know could be harmful.

So the same risk of side effects as Covid would be to cause some in my demograph serious health problems?

The bottom line is we don't really know much about the vaccine yet, the coming months will inform us.

What % of vaccines cause serious side effects? I'll help you out it's roughly 1-2 in a million that require hospitalisation. So at the minute we have a vaccine that has been tested and passed by an industry that has a rate of 1: million of serious side effects. All this we know. So I'm quite happy to take this as my proof that the vaccine is OK. Certainly less of a risk than just believing I won't get it.

Milltown Row2

Angelo, would you be happier if it was a small Pharm company, rather the big Pharma ones?

The time line would be for you to know if it was safe is 0-5 years 5-10 years or 10+ years?

Last one, have you taken vaccines before?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seaney

Yeah I made a point based on my own experiences I didn't try to use someone's misfortune to score a cheap point.

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2020, 01:53:39 PM

He did, was waiting on being asked whether his person in care will be receiving the vaccine or not. As he didn't want it to be given without consent.

Anyway, I'm bored

You are also a selfish self centred individual whose only purpose on here is to try and make yourself feel superior and to hell with everyone and anyone. Bet your family and popping the champagne knowing you wont be over this Christmas.