Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on December 11, 2020, 05:01:14 PM
Quote from: LCohen on December 11, 2020, 04:57:26 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 11:22:00 AM
I am cautious of the expediency of it's origination, so you are very confused.

What part of the origination process do you think has been left out?

Why do you keep asking questions nobody knows the answer to? It's fair to have worries about it and you can't prove those worries are founded or unfounded. You merely ask us to have blind faith is an industry renowned for knowingly putting people's health at risk to make millions.

It's the argument of an idiot.
What would you like Sinn Fein's official policy on the vaccine to be?

LCohen

Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 01:17:34 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on December 09, 2020, 01:11:45 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 11:33:45 AM
Covid-19 vaccine: Allergy warning over new jab.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55244122

As UK is essentially a live clinical trial wonder what else might be down the line.

Did you read the piece or just the headline?

Two people who have a history of adverse reactions to medications had issues with the vaccine. Not exactly an earth shattering conspiracy theory/cover up by Pfizer, Big Pharma or whoever you think is only in this for the money at the world's expense.

Fact is no one knew of this reaction until live use on the general population - do you not understand that or are you so intransigent with your position you simple don't care.

Not true

sid waddell

Quote from: LCohen on December 11, 2020, 05:04:59 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 01:15:25 PM
Yeah I read it.

The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) said the advice applies to anyone who has had significant reactions to medicines, food or vaccines.

As I mentioned as UK is effectively a live clinical trial one wonders what other side effects, this was day one, you really should maybe start to think for yourself instead of following a scripted narrative.

How is it a live clinical trial?

It was known that people with strong allergic reactions might react strongly to the vaccine.
And dummies on internet message boards - and they don't even have to receive it!

LCohen

Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 01:21:59 PM

As UK is essentially a live clinical trial wonder what else might be down the line.

Two people who have a history of adverse reactions to medications had issues with the vaccine. Not exactly an earth shattering conspiracy theory/cover up by Pfizer, Big Pharma or whoever you think is only in this for the money at the world's expense.

So now we are into conspiracy theories as proper due diligence may have been rushed!

What part of the due diligence process was rushed?

LCohen

Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 01:24:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 09, 2020, 01:22:08 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 01:18:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 09, 2020, 01:16:54 PM

Oh dear....

Here's wisdom, as long as he's ok the rest of the population could drop dead!

It is understood that both the staff members had a significant history of allergic reactions - to the extent where they need to carry an adrenaline auto injector with them.

They developed symptoms of "anaphylactoid reaction" shortly after receiving the vaccine and both have recovered after the appropriate treatment.

It think its clear enough, Seaney seen two people and multiplied that by the entire population of earth!

Wise up

You are ignoring that this was only uncovered when the UK Population was being used as a live clinical trial - but that suits your narrative, one would wonder who else shouldn't be getting it or will we find out in day 3 or 23 when a more serious reaction occurs?

Again not true

LCohen

Quote from: Seaney on December 10, 2020, 07:20:08 AM
And those who just follow the narrative like sheep call anyone who questions it antivax.

I'm not calling you out for asking questions.

You're failure to answer questions that is your big problem. It busts any vague interest you might have in credibility

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on December 10, 2020, 01:28:36 PM
What you hear more and more about the vaccine would make you more uneasy about getting.

The controversy on the Oxford vaccine, Pfizer CEO offloading shares once it gets approval and then yesterday people having a severe allergic reaction who were administered it.

Those 2 people both have underlying allergy issues. They both had their epipens with them

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on December 10, 2020, 01:45:18 PM
Quote from: Taylor on December 10, 2020, 01:41:07 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 10, 2020, 01:28:36 PM
What you hear more and more about the vaccine would make you more uneasy about getting.

The controversy on the Oxford vaccine, Pfizer CEO offloading shares once it gets approval and then yesterday people having a severe allergic reaction who were administered it.

I thought it was only 2 people?

How many have been vaccinated?

Both had allergic reactions prior to the vaccine.

The fact that we are now being told that anyone liable to allergies should now not get the vaccine would suspect there's more to it than that.

It's anyone with "significant" allergic reactions. It's a very small number

Seaney

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 11, 2020, 04:03:27 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 11, 2020, 03:31:11 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 11, 2020, 03:04:15 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 11, 2020, 01:55:40 PM
90% protection for what, a week, a month, a year?

Sure tell you what we'll do.

We'll just monitor those in the trial for the next 10 years to see long term effects.

In the meantime hundreds of thousands, if not millions, will die - but sure its OK 'cos we can estimate with a better degree of accuracy how long protection lasts.

How do you politely call someone a fukkwit?

Oh dear the personal abuse, how many have died from covid, one doesn't know as the figures are skewed, all the predictions have been well, horseshite, but you are correct monitor the live clinical trial in the UK, you need to start taking more tablets those you are on aren't working.

Oh dear, a tinfoil hat clown objects to being called out.

It's not too hard to get a rough idea how many have died as a result of covid [note - this is distinct from how many have died from covid]. Factored excess deaths above the average tend to indicate reasonably well.

If you want an accurate number down to tens, or even hundreds then you are right, no one knows - but an accuracy of hundreds is irrelevant when tens of thousands are dying as a result of covid. Indeed, statisticians would argue an accuracy of thousands is irrelevant when many tens of thousands are dying as a result of it.

Oh dear a lot of waffle, are you a politician?

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on December 10, 2020, 03:22:25 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 10, 2020, 03:01:49 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 10, 2020, 02:46:02 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 10, 2020, 02:37:53 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 10, 2020, 02:13:50 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 10, 2020, 01:49:58 PM

But those with an agenda are going to hype up every single one as somehow indicative of the the danger of the vaccine.

Plenty of agendas out there.

The real agendas seem to be people willing to dismiss any rational concern as being anti-vax. People are right to have worries and concerns regarding this vaccine and it doesn't help that some people want to tar them as cranks when they express them.

In fact, it is brazenly hypocritical.

The "real agendas"??

Ok Angelo, whatever gets you through the night.

You're the one calling out agendas against people who have genuine concerns about the virus. Why are you doing that?

Seems to be a lot people out there whose sole agenda is to tell people to shut and trust Big Pharma, the bastions of morality.

Where did I call out people with genuine concerns?

I said the response to the allergic reactions was absolutely appropriate. Did you miss that part of my post which you left out in your quote?

I'm talking about the anti-vaccine, pseudoscientific, conspiracy movement who will hype every illness and death to come in those who have received the vaccine. Doesn't matter what the stats or studies say. Everything that doesn't jibe with their preconceived conclusions will be dismissed as propaganda and bought-off scientists. These types of people are not looking to have their "genuine concerns" allayed.

But those with an agenda are going to hype up every single one as somehow indicative of the the danger of the vaccine.

These sort of comments don't help, there are genuine concerns re the vaccine and a lot of the rhetoric on this thread when someone voices them is damning.

Do you have any explanation why the posters with concerns over the vaccine each seem to share a common inability to write down what their concerns are?

Seaney

Quote from: LCohen on December 11, 2020, 05:04:59 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 01:15:25 PM
Yeah I read it.

The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) said the advice applies to anyone who has had significant reactions to medicines, food or vaccines.

As I mentioned as UK is effectively a live clinical trial one wonders what other side effects, this was day one, you really should maybe start to think for yourself instead of following a scripted narrative.

How is it a live clinical trial?

It was known that people with strong allergic reactions might react strongly to the vaccine.

What about folk with complicated medical needs, wait and see? Bizarre the reaction story made all the headlines when it was known well in advance, was it the small clinical trial showed this up?

Seaney

Quote from: LCohen on December 11, 2020, 04:38:59 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 08, 2020, 01:45:27 PM
Quote from: LCohen on December 08, 2020, 01:39:02 PM
Is it not a bit strange that the posters who are "uneasy" about the vaccine seem to share common traits around answering questions, quoting discredited sources, making claims about the vaccine being forced etc?

Far be from me to suggest that they are one person, in cahoots or gaslit by a common source

Lets see how the care homes pan out, I am next of kin for my parent in care, Ill let you know if and when I am contacted for approval but as of yet no one has mentioned the vaccine to me.

Well don't you get agitated until there is something to get agitated about

You do well to sit with no reason to care, good for yourself.

LCohen

Quote from: Seaney on December 11, 2020, 09:51:14 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 10, 2020, 05:35:20 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 10, 2020, 05:17:32 PM
Am I correct in understanding that the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting Covid or transmitting it, but will stop you from getting very sick from it?

No. There simply isn't data on this yet. It may stop, or greatly reduce, transmission, but the Jury is still out on this.
It likely does reduce transmission, but by how much will take a several months of data.

Ill rephrase that for you - no one knows, no one has a scooby doo, no one knows what other side effects are down the line, no one knows if you need this vaccine every 6 months, every year, every two years, it has been rushed out hence the data is as flaky as hell.

What is you issue about the duration of the immunity? Why would it be a bad thing if people needed revaccinated?

Seaney

Quote from: LCohen on December 11, 2020, 04:37:32 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 08, 2020, 01:41:09 PM
And headbangers who as a collective think they can bully, berate and try to intimidate folk with reasonable health care concerns about a vaccine ten months in the making and only being administrated currently in a country run by liars and swindlers to achieve nothing but political gain.

I think that when people ask you questions or don't believe your lies when claim to have already answered the questions you think they are bullying you.

Na I was thinking how the saviours of the board collectively direct personal abuse against those who disagree or question the narrative and belittle ones sense of duty to protect those who raised them. Again you do well not to have such worries, good for yourself.

Seaney

Quote from: LCohen on December 11, 2020, 04:41:11 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 08, 2020, 03:36:46 PM
You back to tell more lies, care to go back to the Dublin Cavan thread and quote me - you complete snake of a man.

The similarity with Angelo's debating technique is uncanny

Calling out liars?