Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

LCohen

Quote from: Seaney on December 03, 2020, 12:52:04 PM
Quote from: LCohen on December 02, 2020, 07:27:47 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 03:10:06 PM
Quote from: Chief on December 02, 2020, 02:40:31 PM

Boris just said it's not mandatory Seaney.

You can sleep easy now.

You can stay in lockdown or maintain social distancing or whatever.

The rest of who are taking the vaccine will just get on with our normal lives as best we can and be able to go to football matches, pubs airplanes etc as before.

Boris says a lot of things, not surprised you would believe them, I am sure vulnerable folk in a care home will have no say whatsoever, and as no one is allowed in to see them, who's going look after their interests.

Point to the evidence that makes you "sure"

Point to the evidence that make you so sure to the contrary.

That is not how society or debate works. You say you are sure of something. I merely ask you what makes you so sure. Reasonable question. Please answer

LCohen

Quote from: LCohen on December 02, 2020, 07:24:20 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 01:26:01 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 02, 2020, 12:55:59 PM
So in short....

COVID-19 - well established potentially serious side effects.

Vaccine - no established side effects, safety certified in widespread clinical trials involving 10ks of volunteers.

Why would anyone say they don't want the vaccine?

Covid-19 98% not an issue for the majority of the population

Vaccine, untested over long period of time or with people with serious health conditions, but let it rip - isn't that your phrase!

What is your alternative to vaccination. Feel free to consult with Angelo, Hereiam and Seamus. A lot of like minds there

Seaney

You posted replies but not answers to my questions.

This one you didn't bother to reply to at all.

I'll not ask you why but I repeat the original question. What is your alternative to vaccination?

You must have something

LCohen

Quote from: LCohen on November 29, 2020, 04:58:47 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 29, 2020, 01:40:54 PM
Sinn Fein's support is the most anti-vaccine - a new poll shows only 55% of SF supporters would take a Covid vaccine

That compares to 91% of Green Party supporters, 89% of Labour supporters, 83% of Fianna Fail supporters

Even the flat earthers of Aontu on 64% were ahead

I found that quite interesting

Sinn Fein really do have a large subset of supporters with very strange views

Big opportunity for leadership for Mary Lou here

Any sign of Mary Lou or Sinn Fein stepping up to the plate here?

LCohen

Quote from: LCohen on November 27, 2020, 04:13:21 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on November 27, 2020, 12:26:32 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 26, 2020, 10:43:52 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on November 26, 2020, 10:15:44 PM
So the north is being lined up to be the brits guinea pig for the vaccine, you can just hear ole Boris muttering the words "sure test it on the Irish, they are good for nothing else"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55087961

No harm to you but where are you getting the idea that NI is being used as a guinea pig?

I'm no fan of Boris but that Boris quote only exists in your head

Well the north is usually the last to see any new developments made by Britain be it new infrastructure, health treatments etc, but all of a sudden we are the first being given this new vaccine and you think to yourself why are people in England not getting it first? Surly the British government would but the lives of their own front an foremost.
Where are you getting the idea that the vaccine is being rolled out in NI ahead of GB?

We never got to the bottom of that one

screenexile

Quote from: LCohen on December 04, 2020, 02:27:29 PM
So in short....

Vaccine - no established side effects, safety certified in widespread clinical trials involving 10ks of volunteers.

Vaccine, untested over long period of time or with people with serious health conditions, but let it rip - isn't that your phrase!

What is your alternative to vaccination. Feel free to consult with Angelo, Hereiam and Seamus. A lot of like minds there

Seaney

I'll not ask you why but I repeat the original question. What is your alternative to vaccination?

You must have something

I'm guessing homeopathy?? Or maybe Reiki!!

LCohen

Quote from: screenexile on December 05, 2020, 12:13:44 AM
So in short....

Seaney

You must have something

They will probably feature somewhere but only because his response will be so comprehensive.

Trebor Extra Strong Mints will be in there along with pebble-dashing the home outdoors AND indoors.

RadioGAAGAA

So, its been explained to me that the vaccine is (i)not an inactive virus, and (ii)only presents the spike protein as a foreign invader for the immune system to target.

Which means its intrinsically safe. Any side effects will be the body's own immune system ramping up to right off an infection - even if the infection is actually a fake harmless one.

I know I said way earlier in the thread I had some vague concerns, now I'm happy with it and happy to get it.
i usse an speelchekor

Seaney

Quote from: LCohen on December 05, 2020, 08:06:57 AM
So in short....

Seaney

You must have something

They will probably feature somewhere but only because his response will be so comprehensive.

Trebor Extra Strong Mints will be in there along with pebble-dashing the home outdoors AND indoors.

Bizarre I never mentioned anything against the vaccination, I did say I hope it worked and I hope it achieved a normalisation of society, but had concerns over the expediency of it, but you all make up your own lies there.

Seaney

Quote from: LCohen on December 04, 2020, 02:24:21 PM

You can sleep easy now.

The rest of who are taking the vaccine will just get on with our normal lives as best we can and be able to go to football matches, pubs airplanes etc as before.

Boris says a lot of things, not surprised you would believe them, I am sure vulnerable folk in a care home will have no say whatsoever, and as no one is allowed in to see them, who's going look after their interests.

That is not how society or debate works. You say you are sure of something. I merely ask you what makes you so sure. Reasonable question. Please answer

And I asked you for your evidence it is not. You can't debate from the premise you are right and I have to prove you are wrong, you prove to me you are correct and we will take it from there.

dublin7

Quote from: Seaney on December 05, 2020, 07:34:19 PM

You can sleep easy now.

And I asked you for your evidence it is not. You can't debate from the premise you are right and I have to prove you are wrong, you prove to me you are correct and we will take it from there.

Seany you and Angelo are typical of the idiotic anti vaccine conspiracy nuts in the world today. The medical professionals and industry regulators are approving the vaccine.

Everyone else is asking the likes of yourself and Angelo to point out the issues with a potential vaccine, but you can't do it except claim it's some rushed conspiracy by "Big Pharma"

I can only hope you don't have kids so they don't suffer from your idiocy in the long run

LCohen

Quote from: Seaney on December 05, 2020, 07:31:40 PM
Quote from: LCohen on December 05, 2020, 08:06:57 AM
So in short....

Seaney

You must have something

Bizarre I never mentioned anything against the vaccination, I did say I hope it worked and I hope it achieved a normalisation of society, but had concerns over the expediency of it, but you all make up your own lies there.

Fears over expediency. They have been answered time and time again. You just don't want to listen. The speed of delivery has been fully explained.

You reference long term side effects and the need to wait to see those. That's a big window so it still needs you to explain your alternative

LCohen

You can sleep easy now.

Is this a new trick from the WUM playbook?

You made the statement that you were "sure".
I made no equivalent statement.

I ask you for your supporting evidence. You appear to be trying to getting away without providing such evidence by instead asking me the evidence I have to support a claim I have not made. People wonder how Farage/Boris/The Donald get elected? Just read Seaney's posts

Seaney

The Queen and Bob Geldof are going get it, time to close the thread surely.

imtommygunn

Quote from: LCohen on December 06, 2020, 08:45:10 AM

You can sleep easy now.

I ask you for your supporting evidence. You appear to be trying to getting away without providing such evidence by instead asking me the evidence I have to support a claim I have not made. People wonder how Farage/Boris/The Donald get elected? Just read Seaney's posts

I was thinking that.

I just made some shit up so it is up to you to disprove it not to me to prove it is some strategy haha.

JoG2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 06, 2020, 03:32:37 PM
Quote from: LCohen on December 06, 2020, 08:45:10 AM

You can sleep easy now.

I was thinking that.

I just made some shit up so it is up to you to disprove it not to me to prove it is some strategy haha.

Crazy stuff. This should be an informative thread (and it definitely can be) , but you have to read through some turgid stuff to get to the good bits. Just shows when someone goes down a rabbit hole it's hard to do a 180. Easier to double-down on the lunacy