Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Seaney

Quote from: Taylor on December 02, 2020, 10:41:35 AM
Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 10:39:49 AM
Quote from: Taylor on December 02, 2020, 10:37:17 AM
Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 10:36:01 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 02, 2020, 09:03:14 AM
Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 07:44:34 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 30, 2020, 10:27:31 PM
Quote from: Seaney on November 30, 2020, 09:59:34 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 30, 2020, 06:04:20 PM
Quote from: five points on November 30, 2020, 05:20:45 PM
Quote from: Cobra on November 30, 2020, 05:10:31 PM
My own view people should be free to refuse the vaccine, but they should be prepared to be refused entry to pubs, restaurants, sporting events, schools, universities, creches, airports, basically anywhere that you freely mix with other people. If you're not willing to protect society then society should keep you in a semi permanent lockdown.

You really mean that people shouldn't be free to refuse the vaccine.

No, they shouldn't be free to go around infecting other people. The vaccine is one way of not doing that.

No it isn't, there is no evidence it stops the spread.

There isn't yet. I expect there soon will be. It seems extremely likely that it reduces transmission even if it does not stop it.

FFS, so you getting the first jab, oh no, you will be in a queue behind millions of vulnerable folk as will all those promoting it!

The posters don't have a choice in that. It's outside their control. However they do have a choice on taking the vaccine when it's offered to them. That is inside their control.

But the folk in care homes have no choice, they have to be the collateral damage!

Who said by taking the vaccine it will cause damage?

Who knows it won't, what is the long term scientific evidence on people with complicated health issues, the old, the very young etc?

So you dont know if anyone has to be collateral damage?

And you don't if anyone will not be.

Taylor

Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 10:46:50 AM
My own view people should be free to refuse the vaccine, but they should be prepared to be refused entry to pubs, restaurants, sporting events, schools, universities, creches, airports, basically anywhere that you freely mix with other people. If you're not willing to protect society then society should keep you in a semi permanent lockdown.

No, they shouldn't be free to go around infecting other people. The vaccine is one way of not doing that.

There isn't yet. I expect there soon will be. It seems extremely likely that it reduces transmission even if it does not stop it.

FFS, so you getting the first jab, oh no, you will be in a queue behind millions of vulnerable folk as will all those promoting it!

The posters don't have a choice in that. It's outside their control. However they do have a choice on taking the vaccine when it's offered to them. That is inside their control.

But the folk in care homes have no choice, they have to be the collateral damage!

Who knows it won't, what is the long term scientific evidence on people with complicated health issues, the old, the very young etc?

You are the one saying folk in care homes are collateral damage.

No evidence whatsoever - you do know what collateral damage means right?

trueblue1234

Do they not have to get family consent?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

LCohen

Quote from: Seamus on December 02, 2020, 04:53:18 AM
Quote from: LCohen on December 01, 2020, 03:36:37 PM
Quote from: Seamus on December 01, 2020, 03:08:00 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 30, 2020, 12:53:26 PM
Quote from: Seamus on November 30, 2020, 12:29:56 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 30, 2020, 06:51:05 AM
Quote from: Seamus on November 30, 2020, 05:13:39 AM

Of the 70% or so of yes voters how many of ye are for mandatory COVID-19 vaccination?

How many would agree that children 11 years old and upwards can consent to all vaccinations without their parents knowledge?

"The District of Columbia (DC) is advancing a bill which circumvents parental consent when it comes to their minor children being given a vaccine. The "Minor Consent for Vaccinations Amendment Act of 2019," states, "this bill permits a minor of any age to consent to receive a vaccine where the vaccination is recommended by the United States Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. It also establishes that if a minor is able to comprehend the need for, the nature of, and any significant risks inherent in the medical care then informed consent is established."

According to The Vaccine Reaction, "The bill would not only permit children aged 11 years and older to give consent for doctors and other vaccine administrators to give them vaccines without their parents' knowledge or consent, but would also require insurance companies, vaccine administrators and schools to conceal from parents that the child has been vaccinated."

The report clarifies, "If this bill passes, it is clear that minor children will be at risk of being pressured and coerced into getting a COVID-19 vaccine behind their parents' back."

The crimes against humanity journalism continues.

How about answering the two questions. What has journalism got to do with a draconian Bill?

Had a look at the source ie The Vaccine Reaction, that was enough for me

That is exactly the response I expected.

You did a search on the "messenger" instead of doing a search on the actual Bill which is just as easy to find, thinking "if this is not on MSM then it cannot be true" when the exact opposite is the case. You then went on your merry way convinced you are right without doing any proper research.. 

I also knew what you meant when you crossed out "humanity" and replaced it with "journalism". The journalists you are referring to are the criminals, they will never report on Bills such as this nor anything truthful. It is 99% lies 24/7. The Irish media have become masters at this which is fully reflected on this forum. It is wall to wall "COVID -19" fear mongering since last March and is working a treat. It really is time to turn of the televisions and radio stations throughout the country and of course in the States also.

At least LCohen asked a very reasonable question even though he probably expects that I will be unable to come up with the proof. I will give him the benefit of the doubt in that he is sincerely of the opinion that this Bill may indeed exist.  He also asked a question about Del Bigtree in an earlier post which I did not get around to answering. Captain Obvious again typically attacked the "messenger". As far as I can recall he comes across very sound on GAA matters but he has left himself down badly here. It is obvious at least none of the 70% watched even a second of the video, if they did they would be in uproar with how vaccines are approved by the FDA and CDC, including video evidence with regard the CDC and really start to question the upcoming vaccines. LCohen watch the video, you will get your answer.

So now onto the documented proof regarding Bill# B23-0171
Minor Consent for Vaccinations Amendment Act of 2019

Here you will see the name of the sponsor, what voting took place, results and at what stage it is at. It is about to be introduced to the United States House of Representatives and the United States Senate for approval. If the Democrats do happen to win the House and the Senate it is expected to sail right through. May also happen with a Republican Senate but it will be a bigger struggle. They are both different sides of the same evil coin.

https://openstates.org/dc/bills/23/B23-0171/

There are a number of PDF documents included for your review, please do read them.

Remember this Bill started in early 2019 with "COVID -19" in mind. This coincides with Event 201 carried out on October 2019 which "simulates an outbreak of a novel zoonotic coronavirus transmitted from bats to pigs to people that eventually becomes efficiently transmissible from person to person, leading to a severe pandemic. The pathogen and the disease it causes are modeled largely on SARS, but it is more transmissible in the community setting by people with mild symptoms" by the same bad actors that are controlling the "COVID-19" narrative. Coincidence or not? Most certainly not. 

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/scenario.html

Please look at the videos, you will witness a near replica of what is happening over the last 10 months or so.

Seamus I would question what you choose to post here.

There are some seriously dangerous views circulating out there.

Firstly on the bill in DC. The original article may or may not have been correct when it was originally published but it is certainly out of date now. It is no longer correct to say this applies to children of any age. It is also potentially disingenuous to post this article in a n argument about making a vaccine mandatory. There is no question of making it mandatory in DC. The question there is who gives the consent.

Your original post goes on to state that the report goes on to clarify that kids would be at risk of coercion. Why does it say "clarifies" rather than "claims".

At that stage it very much does warrant the messenger to be questioned.

Going on to your second post I would suggest that there elements of it that give the strong impression of you being dangerously unhinged.

I don't doubt OpenStates when the publish voting records etc. Those would be provable facts. I would have the gravest doubts about OpenStates in every other respect. Dangerous views and hidden funding. Extremely worrying.

I think you should be explicitly clear what you are claiming about Event 201 and the people behind it.

I will keep this short. I gave you the benefit of the doubt as any sane person would. Now your true colors are really shinning through. You have an extremely low level of consciousness as evident by some of your posts that I have reviewed.  All you are doing is parroting what you are been spoon fed without the slightest ability to think for yourself. Zero critical thinking skills which is a sure sign of indoctrination and brainwashing. Do you not consider for one second that it is you that may have some dangerous views?

B23-0171 is plain for all to see yet you will not condemn it which must only imply that you are in agreement. Instead you try to pick holes on outside sources that want to warn the world on the possibility of this treacherous Bill becoming law.

It is well know that millions of children have never been vaccinated due to parents not consenting. 
This Bill is an attempt by the Medical Mafia to address this issue.

Are you for B23-0171 becoming law? If yes give your reasons.

Are you for mandatory "COVID-19" vaccinations. If yes give your reasons.

My earlier post also asked both questions, what gives you the right to say I should be confined to only discuss mandatory vaccinations? They are totally separate questions.

Not surprising that you are unable to detect any alarm bells regarding Event 201.

I will also keep this short also:
Outline your concerns on the vaccine and the evidence to support that concern?

Simple question. It's been asked of others and to a man they have failed to answer. Over to you.

On your points.
My views have the least the benefit of being buttressed by a broad base of informed and qualified scientists. And as we are mid flow with many of the vaccines my views are conditional upon further tests being done I wouldn't take a vaccine before it was approved but would take that exact vaccine after it was approved.
I am not condemning the DC Act. I think vaccination is key to combatting many diseases of which CV19 is one. Mandatory vaccination is not normally the first port of call. It might be in some instances if take up is dangerously low. I'm unaware of the specific state of play in DC or other parts of USA.
On Event 201 just highlight your specific concerns and I will respond.

JoG2

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 02, 2020, 10:21:06 AM
Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 08:02:37 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 02, 2020, 07:53:31 AM

What to you think will happen, honestly?
mRNA vaccines have been around a while and have proven to be completely safe.

Hopefully nothing, hopefully it works, hopefully this time next year we won't be discussing thousands with side effects, if you think this is not all rushed you are deluded, but then again you will be way back in the queue.

Nope, NHS worker here. I'm getting it in the next fortnight.

Same here by the looks of it.

Seany, take a breath. You start your working week / day in this thread . It's tiring surely you're tired posting it? Creating phoney arguments about people pushing for the vaccine and then going to the back of the queue...mind numbing stuff

Re the vaccine. It's been worked on, or a variation of a corona virus vaccine for 5+ years. They have the template, they've added the Covid 19 spike protein. This is coming from professors in Oxford, people who have spent their adult life trying to save lives. I trust them. They share the same planet, they have families etc.
I also trust my colleagues in the Health sector, I trust the PHA who I work very closely with.

No harm, but I don't trust you, I don't trust your chemical engineer friend, Anne McCloskey and the medical experts on social media.

This is great news at the end of a very tough year. I've had it good, I've continued to work and have my health. Many many others aren't as lucky. This is the silver bullet for them and many more like them across this planet.

Science has got this Seany

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 08:02:37 AM
Hopefully nothing, hopefully it works, hopefully this time next year we won't be discussing thousands with side effects, if you think this is not all rushed you are deluded, but then again you will be way back in the queue.

Why do you assume that any side effects will be negative? Sure maybe you'll get x-Ray vision or superhuman strength as a side effect

sid waddell

Quote from: LCohen on December 02, 2020, 11:22:02 AM
On Event 201 just highlight your specific concerns and I will respond.
All emergency planning is a sinister illuminati plot, surely everybody knows that

Seamus will have to confirm for us if he believes "the Jews" are involved in this "plot" too

Hound

Quote from: JoG2 on December 02, 2020, 11:27:39 AM

Re the vaccine. It's been worked on, or a variation of a corona virus vaccine for 5+ years. They have the template, they've added the Covid 19 spike protein. This is coming from professors in Oxford, people who have spent their adult life trying to save lives. I trust them. They share the same planet, they have families etc.
I also trust my colleagues in the Health sector, I trust the PHA who I work very closely with.

No harm, but I don't trust you, I don't trust your chemical engineer friend, Anne McCloskey and the medical experts on social media.

This is great news at the end of a very tough year. I've had it good, I've continued to work and have my health. Many many others aren't as lucky. This is the silver bullet for them and many more like them across this planet.

Science has got this Seany
Absolutely.

There was scientist on Dunphy's podcast saying the Chinese need to take a lot of credit too. While they certainly didn't help (to put it mildly) in the way they initially under-reported case numbers and severity, their scientists mapped the genome in record breaking time and made it freely available. This gave the Pfizers et all a big head start, to go along with the fact that a lot of good work had already been done on corona virus vaccines.

Plus Pfizer and Moderna have full details on their websites of every step they took and are being as transparent as possible. And it was good news that Oxford's error was called out so quickly - even if it was more a reporting / PR error than anything.   

Science has definitely got this.
But of course we do have to remain wary of when politicians get involved, and it will be interesting to hear over the coming days as to why UK has seemingly moved ahead of the EU and US. (And as I mentioned in an earlier post, it seems that last week they knew they were going to ratify it this week).

bennydorano

I actually think it's as simple as the UK needing a 'win' in being the first to do something (or be seen to do something), some positive publicity.  The Oxford Vaccine coming in 3rd was a bit of a blow for a mental case Government that wants to be seen as a world leader post Brexit.

RedHand88

So in short....

COVID-19 - well established potentially serious side effects.

Vaccine - no established side effects, safety certified in widespread clinical trials involving 10ks of volunteers.

Why would anyone say they don't want the vaccine?

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 02, 2020, 12:55:59 PM
So in short....

COVID-19 - well established potentially serious side effects.

Vaccine - no established side effects, safety certified in widespread clinical trials involving 10ks of volunteers.

Why would anyone say they don't want the vaccine?

According to twitter Bill gates is behind these vaccines and he wants to track everyone on earth. The irony being they are posting these messsages on their smartphones so are already being tracked. As I said here before if you want the vaccine then get it if not don't. Just dont be a di*ck about it whatever way your swayed.

Seaney

Quote from: Taylor on December 02, 2020, 10:48:49 AM
Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 10:46:50 AM

You are the one saying folk in care homes are collateral damage.

No evidence whatsoever - you do know what collateral damage means right?

No I am a bit thick - but you are obviously a highly educated individual with a moral superiority above all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-55155953

Elderly people in care homes and care home staff have been placed top of the priority list, followed by the over-80s and health and care staff

So is it being forced upon folk with complex health issues, no doubt it has been fully tested to take these illnesses into account!

Seaney

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 02, 2020, 10:59:24 AM

Do they not have to get family consent?

No idea yet to see the policy except patients in care homes are priority, what of ones who have no family, I can't see it being anything other than mandatory in care homes, but hey out of sight out of mind eh!

Seaney

Quote from: Rossfan on December 02, 2020, 11:34:41 AM
But Karen says it's not safe.......

Do you actually smile when you post that, but of course you do.