Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Jeepers Creepers

Is the Pfizer vaccine the main one you boys in the south will be getting if wanted?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 02, 2020, 09:28:50 AM
Is the Pfizer vaccine the main one you boys in the south will be getting if wanted?
So it would appear going by press reports this morning.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

RedHand88

Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 08:02:37 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 02, 2020, 07:53:31 AM
Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 07:44:34 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 30, 2020, 10:27:31 PM
Quote from: Seaney on November 30, 2020, 09:59:34 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 30, 2020, 06:04:20 PM
Quote from: five points on November 30, 2020, 05:20:45 PM
Quote from: Cobra on November 30, 2020, 05:10:31 PM
My own view people should be free to refuse the vaccine, but they should be prepared to be refused entry to pubs, restaurants, sporting events, schools, universities, creches, airports, basically anywhere that you freely mix with other people. If you're not willing to protect society then society should keep you in a semi permanent lockdown.

You really mean that people shouldn't be free to refuse the vaccine.

No, they shouldn't be free to go around infecting other people. The vaccine is one way of not doing that.

No it isn't, there is no evidence it stops the spread.

There isn't yet. I expect there soon will be. It seems extremely likely that it reduces transmission even if it does not stop it.

FFS, so you getting the first jab, oh no, you will be in a queue behind millions of vulnerable folk as will all those promoting it!

What to you think will happen, honestly?
mRNA vaccines have been around a while and have proven to be completely safe.

Hopefully nothing, hopefully it works, hopefully this time next year we won't be discussing thousands with side effects, if you think this is not all rushed you are deluded, but then again you will be way back in the queue.

Nope, NHS worker here. I'm getting it in the next fortnight.

GetOverTheBar

I haven't really posted in this thread, but I've been reading it.

Seems like some people want the vaccine to have side effects? I can't understand that? Anything that gets the whole thing back to normal surely must be a thing of hope and positivity?

Seaney

Quote from: Chief on December 02, 2020, 08:41:15 AM
Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 07:46:30 AM
There you go lads - don't get killed in the rush. Covid Pfizer vaccine approved for use next week in UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55145696

Great news isn't it.

I'll get it just the very second I can.

Good man 2022 so, easy to be self righteous when you know you have th cop out you are no where near the front of the queue, oh forgot you are paying for it!!!

Seaney

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 02, 2020, 09:03:14 AM
My own view people should be free to refuse the vaccine, but they should be prepared to be refused entry to pubs, restaurants, sporting events, schools, universities, creches, airports, basically anywhere that you freely mix with other people. If you're not willing to protect society then society should keep you in a semi permanent lockdown.

No, they shouldn't be free to go around infecting other people. The vaccine is one way of not doing that.

There isn't yet. I expect there soon will be. It seems extremely likely that it reduces transmission even if it does not stop it.

FFS, so you getting the first jab, oh no, you will be in a queue behind millions of vulnerable folk as will all those promoting it!

The posters don't have a choice in that. It's outside their control. However they do have a choice on taking the vaccine when it's offered to them. That is inside their control.

But the folk in care homes have no choice, they have to be the collateral damage!

Taylor

Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 10:36:01 AM

The posters don't have a choice in that. It's outside their control. However they do have a choice on taking the vaccine when it's offered to them. That is inside their control.

But the folk in care homes have no choice, they have to be the collateral damage!

Who said by taking the vaccine it will cause damage?

Seaney

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 02, 2020, 10:25:55 AM

Seems like some people want the vaccine to have side effects? I can't understand that? Anything that gets the whole thing back to normal surely must be a thing of hope and positivity?

I think folk are worried about side effects and being pack berated by the moral guardians of humanity, I hope it all works we all have suffered over last year, but I would be cautious! Seems the Brits want to be first - real political statement - will hopefully detract from the f**king mess they made of the whole thing.

Seaney

Quote from: Taylor on December 02, 2020, 10:37:17 AM

Who knows it won't, what is the long term scientific evidence on people with complicated health issues, the old, the very young etc?

square_ball

I haven't read the thread in its entirety but the vibe I get from talking to people against the vaccine is the same. It's almost an attempt to justify their anti bad stance.

Seaney

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 02, 2020, 10:21:06 AM
Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 08:02:37 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 02, 2020, 07:53:31 AM

What to you think will happen, honestly?
mRNA vaccines have been around a while and have proven to be completely safe.

Hopefully nothing, hopefully it works, hopefully this time next year we won't be discussing thousands with side effects, if you think this is not all rushed you are deluded, but then again you will be way back in the queue.

Nope, NHS worker here. I'm getting it in the next fortnight.

Best of luck - know plenty who won't be.

Taylor

Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 10:39:49 AM
Quote from: Taylor on December 02, 2020, 10:37:17 AM

Who knows it won't, what is the long term scientific evidence on people with complicated health issues, the old, the very young etc?

So you dont know if anyone has to be collateral damage?

Cobra

Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 10:38:23 AM

I think folk are worried about side effects and being pack berated by the moral guardians of humanity, I hope it all works we all have suffered over last year, but I would be cautious! Seems the Brits want to be first - real political statement - will hopefully detract from the f**king mess they made of the whole thing.

I'd be worried....I'd be very worried.... if there was any actual evidence to suggest I should be worried.

Seaney

Quote from: square_ball on December 02, 2020, 10:40:02 AM

I haven't read the thread in its entirety but the vibe I get from talking to people against the vaccine is the same. It's almost an attempt to justify their anti bad stance.

I have read it to and its a matter of bring it on, but won't be with me for a year or so therefore why worry, but question it and you are antivax.  If this thread proves anything is that there is some bullshitters within the 20 strong GAABOARD community, but anything to make them feel better, there is a growing trend on facebook for people to post all these uplifting posts about care and love, in my opinion its mostly sociopaths posting them - there is an element of that here, no one on here advocating this vaccine  cannot tell me they have some sort of reservations!

Seaney

Quote from: Cobra on December 02, 2020, 10:42:56 AM
Quote from: Seaney on December 02, 2020, 10:38:23 AM

I'd be worried....I'd be very worried.... if there was any actual evidence to suggest I should be worried.

Go get it then what's the problem, if you have no reservations go for it.