Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Milltown Row2

Wouldn't be too many complaining about that one!

Does anyone miss a smoker blowing that shit in your space?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cobra

Quote from: five points on November 30, 2020, 05:20:45 PM
Quote from: Cobra on November 30, 2020, 05:10:31 PM
My own view people should be free to refuse the vaccine, but they should be prepared to be refused entry to pubs, restaurants, sporting events, schools, universities, creches, airports, basically anywhere that you freely mix with other people. If you're not willing to protect society then society should keep you in a semi permanent lockdown.

You really mean that people shouldn't be free to refuse the vaccine.

Can't drive a car without a licence. You can't travel to lots of countries without the necessary vaccinations. There's loads of precedent for this.

armaghniac

My own view people should be free to refuse the vaccine, but they should be prepared to be refused entry to pubs, restaurants, sporting events, schools, universities, creches, airports, basically anywhere that you freely mix with other people. If you're not willing to protect society then society should keep you in a semi permanent lockdown.

No, they shouldn't be free to go around infecting other people. The vaccine is one way of not doing that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

I presume you'll need to be vaccinated to post on GAAboard.
Would get rid of a few nuisances ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Just wondering, if you are Vaccinated, can you get infected with the virus from someone who is not vaccinated?

Asking for a friend.  ;)

lenny

Quote from: Rossfan on November 30, 2020, 06:28:34 PM

Best idea I've seen on here in a good while.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Seaney

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 30, 2020, 06:37:14 PM
Just wondering, if you are Vaccinated, can you get infected with the virus from someone who is not vaccinated?

Asking for a friend.  ;)

No one knows, literally no one.

Seaney

Quote from: Rossfan on November 30, 2020, 06:28:34 PM

Milhouse be gone for a start.

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2020, 05:46:46 PM
Wouldn't be too many complaining about that one!

Does anyone miss a smoker blowing that shit in your space?

What were you smoking, or was that just you talking diarrhoea.

Seaney

Quote from: armaghniac on November 30, 2020, 06:04:20 PM

No, they shouldn't be free to go around infecting other people. The vaccine is one way of not doing that.

No it isn't, there is no evidence it stops the spread.

macdanger2

Asking for a friend.  ;)

No, you wouldn't be able to be infected. Unknown how long that may last for though

armaghniac

Quote from: Seaney on November 30, 2020, 09:59:34 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 30, 2020, 06:04:20 PM

No it isn't, there is no evidence it stops the spread.

There isn't yet. I expect there soon will be. It seems extremely likely that it reduces transmission even if it does not stop it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 30, 2020, 10:05:57 PM

Asking for a friend.  ;)

No, you wouldn't be able to be infected. Unknown how long that may last for though

So for those who want to take the Vaccine that's the bizz, they won't have to depend on the people who don't take one!

macdanger2

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 30, 2020, 10:37:55 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on November 30, 2020, 10:05:57 PM

Asking for a friend.  ;)

So for those who want to take the Vaccine that's the bizz, they won't have to depend on the people who don't take one!

Not great though for people who may not be able to take a vaccine but are vulnerable (e.g. Cystic fibrosis) - they will rely on everyone else to take it to protect them