Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

dublin7

There's a poll in the Daily Mail today that says 70% of people surveyed would take the vaccine if it was available.

What they also found was that levels of education affected peoples decision. People with college degrees had the highest level of yes votes and people who didn't complete the leaving cert had the highest number of no votes for the vaccine.

sid waddell

Sinn Fein's support is the most anti-vaccine - a new poll shows only 55% of SF supporters would take a Covid vaccine

That compares to 91% of Green Party supporters, 89% of Labour supporters, 83% of Fianna Fail supporters

Even the flat earthers of Aontu on 64% were ahead

I found that quite interesting

Sinn Fein really do have a large subset of supporters with very strange views

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on November 29, 2020, 01:40:54 PM
Sinn Fein's support is the most anti-vaccine - a new poll shows only 55% of SF supporters would take a Covid vaccine

That compares to 91% of Green Party supporters, 89% of Labour supporters, 83% of Fianna Fail supporters

Hardly surprising. We can see the pro-vaccers on here have an awful lot in common with fascists.

People are entitled to have concerns over the vaccine and big pharma in general.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on November 29, 2020, 02:05:14 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 29, 2020, 01:40:54 PM

Hardly surprising. We can see the pro-vaccers on here have an awful lot in common with fascists.

People are entitled to have concerns over the vaccine and big pharma in general.

;D

Rossfan

If only we could get polio, small pox etc etc back..... ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on November 29, 2020, 03:05:13 PM

Polio?

You're bringing Polio into it? Did you hear about or remember the Polio vaccine that paralysed people for life?

I really pit the stupidity of some of you on here.

A list of the things we simply cannot question on here:

Neil Lennon
Vaccines and Big Pharma

Chief

Quote from: Angelo on November 29, 2020, 03:17:53 PM

Polio?

You're bringing Polio into it? Did you hear about or remember the Polio vaccine that paralysed people for life?

Neil Lennon
Vaccines and Big Pharma

Did you hear about or remember about all the people Polio killed before a vaccine stopped that?

I really pity the stupidity of some of you on here.

A list of the things we simply cannot question or debate on here:

- The effectiveness of vaccines in improving mortality rates in the vast majority of cases
- The primacy of scientific process over amateurs with egos

dublin7

Polio?

Neil Lennon
Vaccines and Big Pharma

Would you get a tetanus shot Angelo if a doctor told you that you needed one?

Before you suggest you don't intend to get bitten by an animal or getting your skin cut in an accident these are not events you can guarantee won't happen

Angelo

Quote from: Chief on November 29, 2020, 03:39:57 PM

Polio?

Neil Lennon
Vaccines and Big Pharma

Did you hear about or remember about all the people Polio killed before a vaccine stopped that?

- The effectiveness of vaccines in improving mortality rates in the vast majority of cases

So you're just going to remove the fact that an approved vaccine paralysed people for life?

Of course vaccines can help but they can also cause serious consequences, what is disappointing is that we have a group of vaccine fascists on here who are very dogmatic with people who are quite right to have concerns about the vaccines introduced here.

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on November 29, 2020, 03:43:54 PM

Polio?

Neil Lennon
Vaccines and Big Pharma

Would you get a tetanus shot Angelo if a doctor told you that you needed one?

Before you suggest you don't intend to get bitten by an animal or getting your skin cut in an accident these are not events you can guarantee won't happen

I'm not anti-vaccine.

I just happen to have concerns about the speed about Covid vaccines and how quickly they have been brought to market. They should be natural concerns for any sound-thinking individual.

Chief

Quote from: Angelo on November 29, 2020, 03:47:07 PM

Polio?

Neil Lennon
Vaccines and Big Pharma

So you're just going to remove the fact that an approved vaccine paralysed people for life?

Of course vaccines can help but they can also cause serious consequences, what is disappointing is that we have a group of vaccine fascists on here who are very dogmatic with people who are quite right to have concerns about the vaccines introduced here.

Discount? No

Put them in the larger context of the thousands of lives that have been saved? Yes.

Listen to the people who actually know what they are talking about in relation to these things? Yes

Berate people who are not experts but contradict qualified experts? Yes - their opinions deserve it

Tony Baloney

Polio?

Neil Lennon
Vaccines and Big Pharma
There were 350000 polio cases in 1988. There are approx 50 per year nowadays.

lenny

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 29, 2020, 04:05:27 PM

Polio?

Neil Lennon
Vaccines and Big Pharma
There were 350000 polio cases in 1988. There are approx 50 per year nowadays.

Don't try to bamboozle some of the covidiots on here with facts.

Angelo

Quote from: Chief on November 29, 2020, 03:50:55 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 29, 2020, 03:47:07 PM

Polio?

Neil Lennon
Vaccines and Big Pharma

Discount? No

Put them in the larger context of the thousands of lives that have been saved? Yes.

Listen to the people who actually know what they are talking about in relation to these things? Yes

Berate people who are not experts but contradict qualified experts? Yes - their opinions deserve it

You're a prime example of the type of people I'm on about and you're making contradictory points.

I'm not criticising or telling anyone what to do. I am having to defend my own views and my right to make a choice on my health from fascists like you who are clearly very dogmatic against those who disagree with you.

The experts can't even find agreement with yourself so maybe you should be a bit more tolerant to the views of others and stop trying to force your ideology on others.

smelmoth

This is where Angelo sets out his master plan together with analysis of intended and unintended consequences.

If he has specific concerns on this virus what are they and what would make them go away?
What measures should society take in the interim?
What will the impact on the economy be?
What level of economic damage would be an acceptable price for that?
What would be the acceptable level of Covid deaths whilst the reassurance comes?

Before Angelo says he has answered this already he should probably reread this and related threads.

Before Angelo labels anyone a nazi he should reflect that asking questions does not a nazi make