Author Topic: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - Arlene overboard!  (Read 86906 times)

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
Re: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - Arlene overboard!
« Reply #1215 on: May 03, 2021, 11:19:11 PM »
Good comment on Slugger
Just said to my wife, "sounds like Poots wants to be leader but not FM", she laughed and said "that can be arranged, just call an election"

Seems to me that Poots just wants the power, not the responsibility.

Doesn’t make sense... the leader/joint leader of a country must report to the Agriculture Minister?

GJL

• View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 03, 2021, 11:47:32 PM »
Good comment on Slugger
Just said to my wife, "sounds like Poots wants to be leader but not FM", she laughed and said "that can be arranged, just call an election"

Doesn’t make sense... the leader/joint leader of a country must report to the Agriculture Minister?

I’d guess he doesn’t want to be the FM next year in case he gets demoted to DFM after the elections.

His agriculture ministry can be taken by someone else if he becomes party leader?

drillsergeant

• View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 04, 2021, 01:28:19 AM »
Good comment on Slugger

I’d guess he doesn’t want to be the FM next year in case he gets demoted to DFM after the elections.

His agriculture ministry can be taken by someone else if he becomes party leader?

He doesn’t want the FM role because it would involve public engagements with SF DFM and public hand shake which he never be interested in. DUP are finished folks as a party, they had chance years ago to move with times an someone like a Simon Hamilton could been FM an reached out to young blood and filled MLA positions with youth. There party that is holding on to there bigot dinosaurs.

Mikhail Prokhorov

• View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 04, 2021, 01:29:33 AM »
Good comment on Slugger

lol what country are they leading, it's a county council at best  ;)

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 04, 2021, 08:49:45 AM »
Sadly they do seem to control the dup. I don’t fully understand. How many areas do they dictate votes in? Surely it would only be a few hardline votes? Who else are loyalists going to vote for? You wonder is it threats they are getting on why exactly they are being controlled too.

AC-12 need to investigate, understanding why the OCG have a hold over the DUP and take them to the CPS

CPS? Ya Whest Brit ye!

Poots wants to lead from the back unashamedly IMO.

He envisages him sitting as agriculture minister in Stormont with some other DUP member FM?

Doesn't make one bit of sense and yes maybe the optics of having to share platforms with a Fenian woman is just a bridge too far for a died in the wool misogynistic bigot.

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 04, 2021, 08:59:14 AM »
Least shes not gay

93-DY-SAM

• View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 04, 2021, 10:04:00 AM »
Good comment on Slugger

What about the DUP in general makes sense?

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 04, 2021, 10:48:37 AM »
Good comment on Slugger

He doesn’t want the FM role because it would involve public engagements with SF DFM and public hand shake which he never be interested in. DUP are finished folks as a party, they had chance years ago to move with times an someone like a Simon Hamilton could been FM an reached out to young blood and filled MLA positions with youth. There party that is holding on to there bigot dinosaurs.

Is that not what their voting base want though?

They are facing consitutional issues because of the direction they have gone down which in most cases is appeasement to their voting base?

Where is that voting base going to go now? TUV are a fringe political party, the UUP have been finished for years, the Alliance are too liberal, not unionist enough and heaven forbid they might have a few bead rattlers running for them in some constituencies. Could anyone see DUP voters pivoting to voting for a liberal young female called Sorcha Eastwood in the likes of Lagan Valley?

The Alliance will definitely continue to prosper with the young voting base in the more urban and populated areas of the O6 and this will squeeze the DUP and unionism but it's not exactly a shifting of the DUP vote, it's more a representation of the demographic changes.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 04, 2021, 10:48:52 AM »
Bit of a tiff over whether Jim Wells should get a vote...

Jim now feels a bit of love, man love it seems!

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 04, 2021, 12:01:12 PM »
Isn't it so that the new DUP leader will have to gain SF support before taking up the First Minister position?  if so, the chances of that happening are very low and a new election beckons.

SF will support it. The gravy train depends on it. It's a game

Is MLA really such a gravy train?

£55k plus expenses which is the equivalent of €63k. Personally I'd never do the job for love or money

Down south the salary for a TD is €98k.

What I note is that an awful lot of MLAs have stepped away from the job shortly into it. If you look at SF in recent years - Megan Fearon, Ian Milne and Michaela Boyle are three very recent examples of MLAs who resigned their seat to step away from politics or go back to taking a council seat which would tell me that a lot of them don't really feel the pay justifies the pressure and attention you are under.
We very often and sometimes correctly criticise our politicians, but in reality it's a difficult job. There is little or no security and you are under the microscope 24/7. Add to that every voter thinks they own a piece of you and you are on call for that same 24/7.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 04, 2021, 12:03:28 PM »
There's stuff round pensions etc that makes it more lucrative than that base salary though so while it's not secure it can be a bit of a gravy train for life I think.

I would agree though - 55k with that pressure isn't *that* much.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 04, 2021, 12:50:48 PM »
This reminds me of the Southpark episode where there was a vote for a mascot between a "giant douche" or a "turd sandwich". Puff Daddy had to get involved in that election but I dont think Puffs are allowed in this one.

tiempo

• View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 04, 2021, 12:55:44 PM »
This reminds me of the Southpark episode where there was a vote for a mascot between a "giant douche" or a "turd sandwich". Puff Daddy had to get involved in that election but I dont think Puffs are allowed in this one.

Creased  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 04, 2021, 01:18:18 PM »
 ;D ;D

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 04, 2021, 04:05:02 PM »
Isn't it amazing that the last 3 DUP Leaders who all entered the fray as frothing bigots sort of seen the moderate light as they exited the stage, the responsibility of power/leadership and dealing with the reality of NI (& their own wild and varied support base) is a hard teacher. No doubt Poots or Mini Daniel will do exactly the same, promise all sorts of Allister moves & rhetoric but achieve nothing and come back to the centre.