Author Topic: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - Under New Management  (Read 89851 times)

smelmoth

• View Profile
Re: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - Arlene overboard!
« Reply #1200 on: May 01, 2021, 06:30:04 PM »
Isn't it so that the new DUP leader will have to gain SF support before taking up the First Minister position?  if so, the chances of that happening are very low and a new election beckons.

SF will approve the appointment. And they should approve it.

This is power sharing. You don’t get to pick who you have to deal with.

Martin McGuiness would have had a thing or to in his past that your average everyday human (unionists included) would have objected to. Imagine the outcry if his appointment as DFM was blocked??

smelmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: May 01, 2021, 06:44:42 PM »
Isn't it so that the new DUP leader will have to gain SF support before taking up the First Minister position?  if so, the chances of that happening are very low and a new election beckons.

SF will support it. The gravy train depends on it. It's a game

Is MLA really such a gravy train?

£55k plus expenses which is the equivalent of €63k. Personally I'd never do the job for love or money

Down south the salary for a TD is €98k.

What I note is that an awful lot of MLAs have stepped away from the job shortly into it. If you look at SF in recent years - Megan Fearon, Ian Milne and Michaela Boyle are three very recent examples of MLAs who resigned their seat to step away from politics or go back to taking a council seat which would tell me that a lot of them don't really feel the pay justifies the pressure and attention you are under.

Which SF MLAs do you think are capable of securing and holding down a £55k sterling job?

Also we have a wonderful co-option system here. Parties can co-opt candidates in a move the one that one the seat on. So the parties can co-opt a young blood in after are more established name has survived the campaign. It’s exploited by some parties

Remember pay has nothing to do with it. Every SF candidate from councillor to Deputy First Minister to MP “earns” the same
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 06:46:55 PM by smelmoth »

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: May 01, 2021, 09:07:10 PM »

£55k plus expenses which is the equivalent of €63k. Personally I'd never do the job for love or money

What I note is that an awful lot of MLAs have stepped away from the job shortly into it. If you look at SF in recent years - Megan Fearon, Ian Milne and Michaela Boyle are three very recent examples of MLAs who resigned their seat to step away from politics or go back to taking a council seat which would tell me that a lot of them don't really feel the pay justifies the pressure and attention you are under.

Which SF MLAs do you think are capable of securing and holding down a £55k sterling job?

Also we have a wonderful co-option system here. Parties can co-opt candidates in a move the one that one the seat on. So the parties can co-opt a young blood in after are more established name has survived the campaign. It’s exploited by some parties

Remember pay has nothing to do with it. Every SF candidate from councillor to Deputy First Minister to MP “earns” the same

You seem to have some bee in your bonnet about SF. You should maybe note the context of the discussion next time around.

Fear called it a gravy train, I'd imagine if it was a gravy train that elected MLAs would not depart it as easily as they do if that was the case which I have given three recent examples of SF MLAs who gave up their position.

The contention was that SF MLAs are only in it for the gravy train, if that is the case then I don't think elected reps would walk away from the job as quickly as they do. That point seems to have went straight over your head or maybe you didn't really care what was being discussed as you wanted to pedal an agenda.

Either way a theme emerges in any of your contributions - nonsensical and bitchy.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: May 01, 2021, 10:33:44 PM »
In any medium wage job, say in construction / building design at management level they expect you to be RCIS, CIOB, RIBA, etc etc, spads the only job I know where you paid mad money and a number of them are not qualified to run nothing, especially in some of the remits they end up in. A background police check can knock you out of a job, but you can have any conviction and still be a spad. There very few of the mlas would cut in a real company.

StPatsAbu

• View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: May 02, 2021, 01:19:52 AM »

Martin McGuiness would have had a thing or to in his past that your average everyday human (unionists included) would have objected to. Imagine the outcry if his appointment as DFM was blocked??

Stay off the drink before posting.

smelmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: May 02, 2021, 07:02:26 AM »

Stay off the drink before posting.

Is it the typo (“to” vs “two”) that you object to or do you have a point to make?

smelmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: May 02, 2021, 07:10:19 AM »
In any medium wage job, say in construction / building design at management level they expect you to be RCIS, CIOB, RIBA, etc etc, spads the only job I know where you paid mad money and a number of them are not qualified to run nothing, especially in some of the remits they end up in. A background police check can knock you out of a job, but you can have any conviction and still be a spad. There very few of the mlas would cut in a real company.

What you say is true.

It would be great if we could see a list of the qualifications of the MLAs or the suggestions of other jobs they could hold down in the £55k p.a. bracket. All you have to do is consult nijobfinder and key in minimum salary of £55k for the job/salary details.

Not forgetting of course that SF MLA’s salary goes to the party machine not the MLA. So pay has very little to do with any decision to step away

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: May 02, 2021, 09:26:57 AM »

Yeah I thought they had a system relating to pay.
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: May 03, 2021, 12:13:17 PM »
Good comment on Slugger
Just said to my wife, "sounds like Poots wants to be leader but not FM", she laughed and said "that can be arranged, just call an election"
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: May 03, 2021, 01:02:23 PM »

There are tradesmen driving to Dublin every day getting those type of wages. Given the round the clock nature of the job I don't have any issue with the salary, in fact it is probably too low for what it entails and I am no great lover of most politicians in general. 

tyrone08

• View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 03, 2021, 01:24:13 PM »
Good comment on Slugger
Just said to my wife, "sounds like Poots wants to be leader but not FM", she laughed and said "that can be arranged, just call an election"

If they do split the role then whoever takes on FM is in for a hard time. Poots can shout and maintain the hardcore line to keep the loyalists happy while leaving the FM to take the fall. I wonder does Poots think separating the roles can give him an easier time of it.

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: May 03, 2021, 01:58:13 PM »
The following is an excerpt taken from Sundays Independent which indicates the hold which the UDA hold over the DUP. They issued an implied threat which effectively coerced MLAs into removing Arlene Foster last week. It again shows just how the hard loyalist tail is wagging the dog of political unionism.

'It is claimed that several loyalists, including members of the UDA, helped to enlist support by 'reminding' some MLA's in the past week that if they didn't sign the motion expressing no confidence in their party leader, then their seats at next year's assembly election would be in jeopardy.

One UDA source, who claimed to have been involved in the process, said: 'I wouldn't call it a threat, but they were told if they didn't sign it they weren't getting re-elected next time.'

Loyalists were encouraged to send letters and social media messages to MLAs to ask them where they stood with the current leadership.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 03, 2021, 02:47:21 PM »
Sadly they do seem to control the dup. I don’t fully understand. How many areas do they dictate votes in? Surely it would only be a few hardline votes? Who else are loyalists going to vote for? You wonder is it threats they are getting on why exactly they are being controlled too.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 03, 2021, 04:46:08 PM »
Sadly they do seem to control the dup. I don’t fully understand. How many areas do they dictate votes in? Surely it would only be a few hardline votes? Who else are loyalists going to vote for? You wonder is it threats they are getting on why exactly they are being controlled too.

AC-12 need to investigate, understanding why the OCG have a hold over the DUP and take them to the CPS
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 03, 2021, 09:49:13 PM »
Good comment on Slugger

Seems to me that Poots just wants the power, not the responsibility.
"I can't be arsed any more; too much ignorance, bigotry, dogma, idiocy & retreat from reason"