The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

With the rest of my yankee going down in a blaze of glory I just had to have an interest in Sanctuaire. Glad I took the 13/2  8) Thank God Rubys luck changed. Now keep the powder dry for the bumper and consolidate the unusual occurrence (for me anyway) of back to back winning days at Cheltenham.

Get ready for further flag waving after the bumper Hardy  :D
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

My only selection that came in all day was one I laid at Southwell. Pawning the wife in the morning.

Louth Exile

Lack of flag waving little consoliation for you alright! Two favourites in two days, both of them ridden by Ruby and an English winner of the bumper.

One of the weekend business shows was recommending Paddy Power shares last week, now that would have been the punt!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

full back

I cant get a f**king winner for love nor money at the festival.
WTF  :-\

gerrykeegan

best day in a long time two winners two  backed to be placed, 2 winners and a place  out of the 4 in a yankee,
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Shamrock Shore

QuotePawning the wife in the morning

Any unique selling points my Cork based Meath friend? Is she a Cork woman? If so you'll get shag all.

Hardy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 17, 2010, 08:03:15 PM
QuotePawning the wife in the morning

Any unique selling points my Cork based Meath friend? Is she a Cork woman? If so you'll get shag all.

If she had selling points d'ye think I'd be pawning her?

Shamrock Shore

Hardy

It's bad, but it's not that bad. A Wee woman.

illdecide

Quote from: Hardy on March 17, 2010, 04:36:26 PM
It makes me squirm. When are we going to grow up?

Why?

Seems to me like a bit of bragging..."take it out of that" don't see much harm in that ???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hardy

It's very uncool. Why don't the Brits do it? It makes us look like insecure arseholes who are so unused to a bit of success that we have to crow embarrassingly about it. They act like they expect to win. We act like we're overcome by whatever scraps of success fall from the tables of our betters. In the context of racing, if no other sport, we don't need to remind anyone of how good we are. We should be smiling indulgently at their attempts to compete with us, rather than have them patronising us about how much they enjoy the atmosphere we bring.

Homer

Quote from: Homer on March 17, 2010, 12:36:05 PM
Going for a 2pts e/w Yankee myself today

Peddlers Cross
Long Run
Big Zeb
Al Ferof

Was roaring the house down for Ruby in the last, but still pays 597.46pts from a 44pt outlay  :)

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Hardy on March 18, 2010, 12:14:08 AM
It's very uncool. Why don't the Brits do it? It makes us look like insecure arseholes who are so unused to a bit of success that we have to crow embarrassingly about it. They act like they expect to win. We act like we're overcome by whatever scraps of success fall from the tables of our betters. In the context of racing, if no other sport, we don't need to remind anyone of how good we are. We should be smiling indulgently at their attempts to compete with us, rather than have them patronising us about how much they enjoy the atmosphere we bring.

Agree Hardy...I'm usually a fan of the national flag but its best position is at the end of a flag pole not round somebody's shoulders.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

JohnDenver

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on March 18, 2010, 09:09:51 AM
Quote from: Hardy on March 18, 2010, 12:14:08 AM

Agree Hardy...I'm usually a fan of the national flag but its best position is at the end of a flag pole not round somebody's shoulders.

I suppose it is awfully petty to be proud of your country.....shame on us

I guess these countries are also unused to a bit of success......

And surely not, its the butchers apron..... :o

Back to some horse talk instead of talking horse manure  :P

thewobbler

My thoughts on this are that if Henrietta Knight had have draped Best Mate in a Union Flag after winning the Lexus Chase, it would have caused a furore with those who enjoy waving a Tricolour whenever they can.

Let's keep it on horse racing folks though, there's plenty of other threads available for sectarian thoughts.