Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewanderer

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 10, 2010, 12:16:37 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on June 10, 2010, 10:32:52 AM
Which O'Hare? I know Liam and he is a very good player. The other brother seems to be a bit of a hallion always leaving digs in. Hitting of the ball and accidently on purpose falling on people on the ground. He is renowned for this and it doesn't surprise me one bit. He is also very selective as to whom he does it on if you get my drift

No. 11 was Liam.

Sent off after two yellow cards, both of which should have been straight reds.  The first was a kick on one of our lads when he was on the ground, right in front of the ref.  The second was when one of our forwards were running through, he caught him clean in the face with his elbow.
what did expect with a second rate referee who is easily intimidated and doesnt know the rules.  el did o hare not also elbow chris rafferty when both fell to the ground. a complete thug but he will get his rewards some day on the field as most clubs are aware of his thuggish play.

illdecide

Quote from: thewanderer on June 10, 2010, 02:27:56 PM
Which O'Hare? I know Liam and he is a very good player. The other brother seems to be a bit of a hallion always leaving digs in. Hitting of the ball and accidently on purpose falling on people on the ground. He is renowned for this and it doesn't surprise me one bit. He is also very selective as to whom he does it on if you get my drift

No. 11 was Liam.

Sent off after two yellow cards, both of which should have been straight reds.  The first was a kick on one of our lads when he was on the ground, right in front of the ref.  The second was when one of our forwards were running through, he caught him clean in the face with his elbow.
what did expect with a second rate referee who is easily intimidated and doesnt know the rules.  el did o hare not also elbow chris rafferty when both fell to the ground. a complete thug but he will get his rewards some day on the field as most clubs are aware of his thuggish play.

Our CHB marked Liam last year in Cullyhanna and he didn't try any hitting or off the ball stuff with him, although this isn't the first time i've heard about him throwing his weight about
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: thewanderer on June 10, 2010, 02:27:56 PM

No. 11 was Liam.

He did. 

winsamsoon

The other brother is worse lads a complete hallion. Sam if you read back a few pages in that thread you will see y I ain't answering that. This thread is for club football lad so it's best kept that way
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Hank Everlast

El cuervo, he did what? 'Got his rewards' or 'elbowed raffo'??

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Hank Everlast on June 10, 2010, 11:39:36 PM
El cuervo, he did what? 'Got his rewards' or 'elbowed raffo'??

Elbowed Raffo.

illdecide

Got this emailed this morning so not sure if it's official but apparently this is the draw for the B Championship

Crossmaglen V Clann Eireann
Sarsfield's V Clan na Gael
Armagh Harps V Grange
Carrickcruppen V Pearse Og
Maghery V St Patrick's
Tullysaran V Middletown
St Paul's V Keady
Eire Og V Tir na nOg
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

ogshead

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 10, 2010, 11:46:17 AM
Speaking of refs I was at the Clans Harps minor game on Monday where the clans won 18-17 but the ref had it Harps 18-17! After the final whistle protests which in fact involved some Harps ones trying to tell him his mistake (Fair play to the ones beside us too) he decided on a draw.

Not that this was the right thing to do but given what he did later it would at least have been reasonable to give the draw - because when he got away out of everyones road he rang the result in as a Harps win!

Having said that his performance during the game makes this unsurprising. His decisions ruined a good minor game which would have been played in the right spirit and at a very fast pace only for him. Not sure who he was but he was well over weight and couldn even run after the play. I know refs can be scarce and I dont want to start another row about how difficult their job is but this is a joke - Are the county board going to sit back and constantly watch as incompetent officiating ruins the development of our game??

Ill be totally honest, such is my views on the state of refereeing in this county, it wouldnt take a lot to impress me so if a ref was anywhere near close to even trying to do it right I would be happy. So by that you can easily conclude how bad some of these guys are!! >:( >:(

You say the harps protested in Clans' defence the other night but it didn't look that way in the match report in the observer. Not even a mention of the controversial scoreline

torres

harps seniors lost to clann eireann 2-8 - 2-9 .

Passing_Interest

Not sure what point you are trying to make ogshead.....
Are you saying the Observer got it wrong ?
Are you saying Ivedecided is lying ?
Are you saying the Harps didn't point out the wrong scoreline to the ref ?
Or are you just trying cheap shots across the town cause you've nothing better to be at ?
Have a bit of sense will you before posting nonsense for the sake of a dig at the Harps....
You know there are others things you could be at.
Nothing but the same old story.........

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: ogshead on June 11, 2010, 08:36:18 PM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 10, 2010, 11:46:17 AM
Speaking of refs I was at the Clans Harps minor game on Monday where the clans won 18-17 but the ref had it Harps 18-17! After the final whistle protests which in fact involved some Harps ones trying to tell him his mistake (Fair play to the ones beside us too) he decided on a draw.

Not that this was the right thing to do but given what he did later it would at least have been reasonable to give the draw - because when he got away out of everyones road he rang the result in as a Harps win!

Having said that his performance during the game makes this unsurprising. His decisions ruined a good minor game which would have been played in the right spirit and at a very fast pace only for him. Not sure who he was but he was well over weight and couldn even run after the play. I know refs can be scarce and I dont want to start another row about how difficult their job is but this is a joke - Are the county board going to sit back and constantly watch as incompetent officiating ruins the development of our game??

Ill be totally honest, such is my views on the state of refereeing in this county, it wouldnt take a lot to impress me so if a ref was anywhere near close to even trying to do it right I would be happy. So by that you can easily conclude how bad some of these guys are!! >:( >:(

You say the harps protested in Clans' defence the other night but it didn't look that way in the match report in the observer. Not even a mention of the controversial scoreline

Ill give you nothing for that pal it wasnt necessarily those people that were writing for the paper!!

ogshead

Quote from: Passing_Interest on June 12, 2010, 09:43:39 AM
Not sure what point you are trying to make ogshead.....
Are you saying the Observer got it wrong ?
Are you saying Ivedecided is lying ?
Are you saying the Harps didn't point out the wrong scoreline to the ref ?
Or are you just trying cheap shots across the town cause you've nothing better to be at ?
Have a bit of sense will you before posting nonsense for the sake of a dig at the Harps....
You know there are others things you could be at.

Dry your eyes, of course it was a dig at the Harps!! Don't know why your being so sensitive, slagging off your rivals is all part of the game

IVEDECIDED

Passing_Interest

Sorry lads.
Didn't realise it was a slag.
My mistake.
Keep them coming.....the craic's good.
Nothing but the same old story.........