The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

McGregor may have just sunk to yet another low in his never ending race to the bottom with his tweets mocking Khabibs deceased father. Even his fan boys can't put up a defence for this one.

dec

Don't mess with Kieran McGeeney

https://www.bbc.com/sport/mixed-martial-arts/59071741

Peter Queally never intended to be an MMA fighter. He never intended to dedicate 11 years of his life to a sport he knew nothing about growing up as a kid in a coastal town outside of Waterford in Ireland...
The 3Arena in Dublin will play host to a historic night as Queally bids to become Bellator's first Irish champion and the first Irish fighter since Conor McGregor to hold a major world MMA title...
And so after a short spell of boxing and then doing Muay Thai, Queally sent Kavanagh a message on Facebook, asking if he could join his ranks.
"I remember him being very dismissive of me," Queally said, laughing. "I didn't take no for an answer. He told me to come up on Monday night and I did. I have a cousin who is an actor, Michael Sheehan, he's actually on [Irish soap opera] Fair City. He was training there at the time. I was all excited.

"Michael told me Monday night was his advanced jiu jitsu class. I was like, 'oh'. "Kieran McGeeney, this Armagh [Gaelic] footballer, was training there at the time and he was good at jiu jitsu. At the end of the night I was wrecked and ready to pack up and John said get back on the mat and points at McGeeney. "I'll never forget that 10 minutes. It was the most horrific 10 minutes of my life. I cannot describe to you how bad it was. "There's one thing I can vividly remember. Kieran was on top of me and I'm not messing, he started putting his hand underneath my rib cage and I am not messing, his hand was inside my body.

"He was pulling on my ribs. I thought I was going to break my ribs and I was going to tap, but I didn't. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I kind of knew what was going on, even though John didn't say anything, it felt like a big set-up." It was just that. Kavanagh had told Kieran McGeeney - a legend in the GAA world - to "torture" Queally, to see if he was serious about becoming an MMA fighter.

toby47

Good wins for Paul Hughes and Caolan Loughran on Friday nights Cage Warriors

laoislad

I see McGregor reached a new low last night with a tweet he posted.
sc**bag.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Don Cockburn

McGregor is still at it. Laying into Paul McGrath now.
Does he not have any handlers, managers, PR people to help him out?

screenexile

trailer

Quote from: screenexile on April 03, 2023, 08:21:19 PM
Jesus Christ 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/mixed-martial-arts/65165453

Neither are a serious sport. UFC definitely attracts a certain type of fan.

Gmac

Wwe want to get a gambling license  crazy as it may sound

Cunny Funt

Quote from: trailer on April 03, 2023, 11:01:27 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 03, 2023, 08:21:19 PM
Jesus Christ 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/mixed-martial-arts/65165453

Neither are a serious sport. UFC definitely attracts a certain type of fan.

WWE classes itself as "sports entertainment" actors with storylines and doing their own stunts while Its all scripted.   Nearly 200k attended their Wrestlemania at weekend serious money they are making and this business deal only adds to it.

Louther

Conor in the news again with another rape allegation in the states. He seemed to be a busy man at that Miami Heat NBA game.

Between knocking out mascots and abusing a woman in the toilets did he even get to watch the game....allegedly of course. He very unlucky he does find him else in these situations.

I wonder how much this one will cost him.

screenexile

I've heard the going rate in Drimnagh is €30k... that's for punching young lads in the bar or hooking up with women. They get €30k not to spill the beans. The local VW dealer must be loving it!

Gmac

Going to the police should be this girls first course of action no ? Not to an attorney

Hound

Quote from: Gmac on June 16, 2023, 11:57:13 PM
Going to the police should be this girls first course of action no ? Not to an attorney
Both these latest incidents lack clarity. .

Hitting the man in the mascot suit was a rehearsed set up. Although who knows how much protection that headgear gives the mascot, one of the thumps seemed strong enough.
The woman claiming she was 'forcibly kissed' against her will has had her lawyers write to McGregor, Miami Heat and the NBA asking for a settlement to avoid the necessity of going to court.

Obviously none of us know the full facts, but either way I think he's clearly a target, which he has completely brought on himself due to past behaviors. It was funny when introduced to the Miami crowd as a new sponsor for the team (before either of these incidents), he was roundly booed!

Wildweasel74

He's a f**king w**ker that's why!