Selling tickets on ebay.

Started by hows she cutting, August 02, 2007, 10:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hows she cutting

Can't anything be done about this?

Had a quick look on ebay this morning and saw 5 different listings for the Dublin V Derry game next week.

For example:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/4x-Tix-for-DUBLIN-v-DERRY-BOI-All-Ireland-Q-Final-GAA_W0QQitemZ290144978777QQihZ019QQcategoryZ1306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Already this has been bid up to 400 Euro
This guy has even left his mobile number on

Surely the someone at GAA HQ should be doing something about this...

snatter

From other touting thread on this page:

Quote from: snatter on July 27, 2007, 11:05:40 AM
If they could put pressure on ebay to stop selling them, that would be a start.

I wrote a flurry of emails to an executive in ebay's london hq a few years ago.

I explained that under the current terms and conditions, ownership of the ticket could only be transferred with the prior consent of the GAA.

Without that, I argued, the ticket wasn't actually a valid ticket, and couldn't be marketed as such on ebay.

I reported hunderds of AI ticket sales to ebay as being in breach of their terms, given that they couldn't be sold as tickets to the AIF's unless they had accompanying consent from the GAA.

Their eventual stock repsonse was that as far as they were concerned, ebay was doing nothing illegal. They said that any issues over legitimacy of the tickets was between buyer and seller. I argued that the gAA will not santion the resale of any tickets, so the approval couldn't possibly exist for tickets listed on tehir site, but they refused to answer that point.

I also requested them to remove the trademarked official gaa logo (the modern one) from their site as they were displaying it wiythout the official consent of the trademark holder. They ignored this request.

Imho, we've two options here - appeal to ebays sense of right and wrong - probably sweet fa chance of success given their reply to me.

Two - get legislation passed to make it illegal for AIF tickets being sold without GAA consent. Equivalent legislation has worked in the UK , stopping ebay from selling premiership tickets.

ziggysego

Report each user to the GAA, plain and simple!

Noticed it's the Dub's logo and not a single Derry one....... cheeky Dubs!  ;)
Testing Accessibility

diesel-smuggler

set up a fake ebay account and place the highest bid without paying for them!

STING THE BASTARDS!

orangeman

Now you're talking Diesel man !! That would sort them out ! Roast them on a spit -

Over the Bar

Whoever has bought the tickets is free to sell them to whoever they like for as much as they like.   The police, GAA or anyone else aren't in any position to prevent this as touting breaks no law and the best way to prevent it is not to buy the tickets.

Denn Forever

Quote from: hows she cutting on August 02, 2007, 10:51:13 AM
Can't anything be done about this?

Had a quick look on ebay this morning and saw 5 different listings for the Dublin V Derry game next week.

For example:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/4x-Tix-for-DUBLIN-v-DERRY-BOI-All-Ireland-Q-Final-GAA_W0QQitemZ290144978777QQihZ019QQcategoryZ1306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Already this has been bid up to 400 Euro
This guy has even left his mobile number on

Surely the someone at GAA HQ should be doing something about this...

Should you post that Mobile No. on this forum?  Shame them?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

David McKeown

Over the bar, would it not be in breach of contract law at the very least?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Fear ón Srath Bán

And someone with no feedback at all (never bought or sold, joined ebay yesterday, at least under that account) selling one for this Saturday:
http://cgi.ebay.ie/Croke-Park-GAA-4th-August-Cork-Sligo-Tyrone-Meath_W0QQitemZ120147547600QQihZ002QQcategoryZ1306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

his holiness nb

Can you arrange to meet these guys to exchange cash for tickets?
A swift kick in the gee would sort them lads out.
Ask me holy bollix

Denn Forever

MacEoghain,

are you sure te ticket doesn't say "non-transferable".

I thought I saw it  on the ticket I bought for Laois vs Derry
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: shotstopper1 on August 02, 2007, 04:14:01 PM
http://cgi.ebay.ie/GAA-Tickets-Dublin-V-Derry_W0QQitemZ330152624045QQihZ014QQcategoryZ1306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What about this cheeky f..ker,reserve not met at €172.50 for two €35 tickets.

Notice the rather peculiar spelling of 'quarter' as 'quater'... Hmmm... not unlike a certain poster around these parts  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

If the GAA bought one of these and banned one of these people, published the fact they have done this, this would soon put an end to the tickets on Ebay - what do you think ?

David McKeown

Ahh I thought there was a disclaimer on the back of each ticket although admittedly its be so long since I looked at a ticket that I couldn't say for certain
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner