Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: ross4life on March 11, 2010, 09:45:16 AM
i Don't think anyone mention the importance of Rio & Vidic to the united team, i'll say it again keeping these two fit will make all the Difference!

my one worry after a huge Result like last night is hopefully it doesn't get to their heads! like Roma game a few years ago, cause united are as good as any team left & over confidence could knock them out

Wouldn't have thought that last nights was a HUGE result, on all known from form United were miles ahead of Milan...

Boycey

magpie seanie

That is a great pic Boycey and the TV cameras picking up on and showing the two LUHG banners was brilliant. The crowd were fantastic last night and really sowed it in to the gimps in front of the world. The game being such a non event helped in that regard but it did the heart good, was sick I wasn't there. Whatever people think of it Beckham putting on the green and gold scarf is actually huge as it will get massive coverage worldwide and even in the US (he is the only soccer player most yanks know). The Green and Gold campaign has been a huge success so far in the momentum it has built and pressure it has ratcheted up on the Glazers. The improvement in atmosphere at OT has also helped the team which is a helpful by product of it all. Obviously the campaign will ultimately be a failure if it doesn't get rid of those gimps but I think the possibility of success in this regard has increased substantially.

On the game United were decent - no more, no less. Worked hard and solid at the back. Rio in particular had the bit between his teeth and himself and Vidic do give great solidity to base the team on, make a huge difference. Evra looks like a lad that needs a break, a bit mentally tired - luckily not punished. Midfield worked very hard as did the whole team. Park (who tormented Milan's best player Pirlo again) and Fletch deserve special mention. Loving Valencia's play and Nani despite having the concentration levels of a goldfish and often giving the ball away too cheaply produced some good moments. Scholes was quiet enough but efficient. Rooney - nothing needs to be said. I'm sure he wasn't injured last weekend - Fergie just needed to rest him. I think he was worried about him getting injured after the senseless actions of Capello making him play nearly a full game on a heavy pitch on the Wednesday.

All that said Milan were nothing short of atrocious. They were a disgrace to their jersey but after what they've done to United in the past (on top of 2005 and 2007, taking the trophy off United in 1969 and hammering a post Munich crash team in 1958) it was time for a bit of payback.

Finally, as has been said already, a harsh lesson for Ronaldo in the reality of life that its all downhill once you leave Manchester United. Maybe some day he'll get a standing ovation too.

EC Unique

A Further boost :)

QuoteThe Red Knights group has seen its bid to gain control of Manchester United receive a shot in the arm with confirmation a leading global investment bank has agreed to advise on a possible acquisition.

Wednesday's night demolition job on AC Milan was played out against a backdrop of supporter unrest as repeated chants against the Glazer family were aired inside Old Trafford.

The Glazers, through chief executive David Gill, have said it is business as usual and that they have no intention of selling despite United being over £700million in debt.

Investment back Nomura will work closely with the Red Knights, the Manchester United Supporters' Trust and other potential investors to "coordinate and formulate the proposal to be put to the Glazer family".

The Nomura team will be led by Guy Dawson and Andrew McNaught, both of whom advised the Board of Manchester United plc when the club was sold to the Glazer family in 2005.

Nomura is beginning its role by contacting the many expressions of financial support the Red Knights have received to date.

Beckham boost
The Red Knights group could not have been handed a more favourable piece of publicity on the night, as returning old boy David Beckham donned a green and gold scarf to a rapturous reception.

Protesters against the Glazers have adopted the green and gold colours and they have been highly visible at United matches in recent weeks.

"I'm a Man United fan. I saw the scarf there. I put it round my neck, it's the old colours of Man United, that's all I knew," Beckham said.

"To be honest it's (the protest) not my business. I'm a Manchester United fan. I support the club. I always have done and I always will do.

"It's nothing to do with me the way everything is run, that's to do with other people but I'm a Man United fan and I support the team. I will always support them."

muppet

Quote from: Boycey on March 11, 2010, 11:03:27 AM

I have around 25,000 Carlow scarves that I bought during the ....eh... great scarf bubble.

I want to convince the muppets at Anfield to adopt them as their 'protest colours' against Hicks or Gillette or even Wilkinson Swords, anything will do as long as I flog the scarves.

Any ideas?
MWWSI 2017

Carmen Stateside

Think the Liverpool fans are afraid to use scarves as United had the idea first.  IMO its a great idea and has worked wonders for the Knights, and surely copying them even with the colours would do no harm if it was to get the same publicity for SOS.

Bensars

Think the scarf idea would be ideal for Liverpool.

Especially with the history of YNWA  and the holding up of the scarfs

longrunsthefox

Seems many of these boys with green and yellow scarfs leave the place wearing the red tops and bags full of Man U- Glazier- merchandise  ::)

full back

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 11, 2010, 02:34:03 PM
Seems many of these boys with green and yellow scarfs leave the place wearing the red tops and bags full of Man U- Glazier- merchandise  ::)

Did you conduct a poll or have you been standing outside the ground counting?

Boycey

Possibly true, but the green & gold is still the best thing to happen for the anti G-L-A-Z-E-R campaign. The media exposure has been widespread and that photo of Beckham wearing the colours is pure gold.

Wasn't aware of the significance my arse

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on March 11, 2010, 02:49:24 PM

Possibly true, but the green & gold is still the best thing to happen for the anti G-L-A-Z-E-R campaign. The media exposure has been widespread and that photo of Beckham wearing the colours is pure gold.

Wasn't aware of the significance my arse

Yeah, I laughed at that bit too.

Bensars

Dont know if this been posted before. thought it was very well done

ross4life

Have to say i really enjoy the beckham cameo appearance last night, not sure how it came off on TV but the roof nearly came off the stand when he came on!

then with his first touch everyone booed him  (just for a laugh) then the Fergie sign him up chants  :D

he really rolled back the Years some great crosses/passes & a fantastic volley

he'll always be best remembered for the two Champions league final corners just a shame he didn't finished his career at united like Giggs & scholes

but he won it all at united he can't complain
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

new devil

Are these your own pics ross? Mans a legend

ross4life

nope nicked photos for elsewhere, didn't bring the camera! should have because the sight of green & gold was unreal
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open