Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

I was there on Sunday and hope this is the start of it. The level of ignorance in the media from so called pundits is hard to believe, a couple of minutes research and you could see why United fans are so unhappy.

I'm sure I'll be criticised but Fergie disgusts me with his antics, happy to keep quiet as he's still on the payroll.

I've mentioned this before they bring next to nothing in terms of expertise to the club, their rich kids living of daddy's inheritance. I keep hearing United have spent big money which they did during the LVG/Mourinho ear's but either side of those years its not been good enough, a great side was allowed to break up in 2009 and money which should have been given to Fergie was spent on interest repayments contrary to what Fergie says, the accounts don't lie. OT was once one of Europe's best grounds but its not any more and the training ground which was the best in country is now not even in the top 5 or 6.

They appointment Woodward a man who knows nothing about football along with owners who know even less, clearly this was going to lead to big issues which it did.

There's not exactly man people who can afford to buy the club and 50 + 1 is not remotely a realistic possibility given the value of the club but United are probably the most famous sports organisation can still be bought given Barca/Real are owned by their members so there will be people interested. The Glazers will maintain they have no interest in selling which everyone knows is not true, they'll sell when the time and price is right and that can be brought forward with protests and disruption to the brand and its sponsors as they'd put it.

Taylor

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 05, 2021, 10:05:43 AM
I was there on Sunday and hope this is the start of it. The level of ignorance in the media from so called pundits is hard to believe, a couple of minutes research and you could see why United fans are so unhappy.

I'm sure I'll be criticised but Fergie disgusts me with his antics, happy to keep quiet as he's still on the payroll.

I've mentioned this before they bring next to nothing in terms of expertise to the club, their rich kids living of daddy's inheritance. I keep hearing United have spent big money which they did during the LVG/Mourinho ear's but either side of those years its not been good enough, a great side was allowed to break up in 2009 and money which should have been given to Fergie was spent on interest repayments contrary to what Fergie says, the accounts don't lie. OT was once one of Europe's best grounds but its not any more and the training ground which was the best in country is now not even in the top 5 or 6.

They appointment Woodward a man who knows nothing about football along with owners who know even less, clearly this was going to lead to big issues which it did.

There's not exactly man people who can afford to buy the club and 50 + 1 is not remotely a realistic possibility given the value of the club but United are probably the most famous sports organisation can still be bought given Barca/Real are owned by their members so there will be people interested. The Glazers will maintain they have no interest in selling which everyone knows is not true, they'll sell when the time and price is right and that can be brought forward with protests and disruption to the brand and its sponsors as they'd put it.

Speaking of Fergie on the payroll - is Schmeichel on the payroll there?

I dont think any other former players have come out in support of the Glazers have they?

GJL

Fair play to you. The more protests the better as long as they are controlled and don't turn nasty like a very small part of Sunday's did.

GetOverTheBar

What makes you think new owners won't do the exact same thing?

bigarsedkeeper

The fact that everyone uses the net spend from Ferguson does my head in. In the Fergie years under the Glazers (8 years) there was a net spend of 40 million or something like that.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Taylor on May 05, 2021, 10:10:53 AM

Speaking of Fergie on the payroll - is Schmeichel on the payroll there?

I dont think any other former players have come out in support of the Glazers have they?

I think Schmeichel is an ambassador for the club. It's on his twitter handle. You would think he could read the room a bit better but then he did cartwheels in front of the fans playing for City so...

Maroon Manc

Andy Cole & Robbo I think are both club ambassadors, heard Cole on Sunday on talksport and sounded like he was rounding on the protestors. Turned it off, Cole is clueless anyway. Schmeichel in a world of his own, not exactly popular with his former team mates either.

I don't see the next buyer of the club loading the club with debt, don't see any major increase in club revenue in the next 5 years. The domestic TV deal will likely stay the same as will gate receipts and doesn't look like there's going to be any big shift in the CL money. They've exhausted all avenues with commercial revenue, probably can increase it slightly if there was more success on the pitch but nothing to the extent that will be particularly attractive to a buyer.  United pays for itself, doesn't need a sugar daddy but the likelihood is next owner will be from that ilk anyway.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 05, 2021, 12:43:13 PM
Andy Cole & Robbo I think are both club ambassadors, heard Cole on Sunday on talksport and sounded like he was rounding on the protestors. Turned it off, Cole is clueless anyway. Schmeichel in a world of his own, not exactly popular with his former team mates either.

I don't see the next buyer of the club loading the club with debt, don't see any major increase in club revenue in the next 5 years. The domestic TV deal will likely stay the same as will gate receipts and doesn't look like there's going to be any big shift in the CL money. They've exhausted all avenues with commercial revenue, probably can increase it slightly if there was more success on the pitch but nothing to the extent that will be particularly attractive to a buyer.  United pays for itself, doesn't need a sugar daddy but the likelihood is next owner will be from that ilk anyway.

There is nothing to say the next owners won't do the same.
But the fact is and what probably sticks in most fans throats is the fact they are using club and its commercial success to float the rest of the failing or falling businesses. The feeling being that the money wouldnt be flowing out of the club as quickly if other owners without these commitments were in place.

That was the club and the owners to a lesser extent could benefit from the commercial success, without the need to bleed the club for the sake of other assests.

tiempo

Shouldn't the antics on Sunday be dealt with first or is that being swept under the carpet? Seems the football fraternity don't want to address the issue, bar a select few. Plenty of nodding dog "no-one could condone it" sentiments, have heard bigger outcry for a few handbags at the club championships.

The Glazers have done nothing illegal, the fans have. Criminality leading to the cancellation of a game, points deduction feels about right. The has to be some sort of punishment surely?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tiempo on May 05, 2021, 01:42:29 PM
Shouldn't the antics on Sunday be dealt with first or is that being swept under the carpet? Seems the football fraternity don't want to address the issue, bar a select few. Plenty of nodding dog "no-one could condone it" sentiments, have heard bigger outcry for a few handbags at the club championships.

The Glazers have done nothing illegal, the fans have. Criminality leading to the cancellation of a game, points deduction feels about right. The has to be some sort of punishment surely?

If they can't deal with the 6 clubs looking to create their own ESL then why is it strange they haven't applied any punishment for the cancelation?

Club should be fined and points awarded and points deducted to Utd, lets see what happens though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tiempo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 05, 2021, 01:48:58 PM

If they can't deal with the 6 clubs looking to create their own ESL then why is it strange they haven't applied any punishment for the cancelation?

Club should be fined and points awarded and points deducted to Utd, lets see what happens though

ESL being a hypothetical proposal that evidently at this point isn't going ahead, it was never real, or is there a set of fixtures and a trophy sitting somewhere in readiness? Also an apology was issued, accepted or not what else can the business do? (bar cede to a rabble)

The weekend belligerence was real, yeno like real people gathering and breaking real covid restrictions, breaking and entering (a real criminal offence, and criminal damage), forcing the cancellation of a real fixture.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tiempo on May 05, 2021, 02:00:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 05, 2021, 01:48:58 PM

ESL being a hypothetical proposal that evidently at this point isn't going ahead, it was never real, or is there a set of fixtures and a trophy sitting somewhere in readiness? Also an apology was issued, accepted or not what else can the business do? (bar cede to a rabble)

The weekend belligerence was real, yeno like real people gathering and breaking real covid restrictions, breaking and entering (a real criminal offence, and criminal damage), forcing the cancellation of a real fixture.

Criminal damage should be looked at and people charged for it, should be no hiding places for fans throwing flares at grounds, away teams buses or supporters, hopefully the police do something about it, I've already said twice now what should be done to the club over the cancelation of the game.

Other than tie them up and whip them around the pitch there isn't much more you can do, what's the PL rules on cancelations of the games due to fans breaking into the ground?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

Fining United millions and deducting them 15 points would be fantastic news, a huge win for the protestors.

United fans have had enough, this is not going away.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 05, 2021, 02:15:39 PM
Fining United millions and deducting them 15 points would be fantastic news, a huge win for the protestors.

United fans have had enough, this is not going away.

Jeez I don't know Manc
Glaziers wouldn't absorb the fine the clubs kitty would. As a LFC fan 15 points for leister, Chelsea and West Ham as well
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets