Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 03:36:56 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2009, 03:27:53 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 03:04:21 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2009, 03:02:35 PM
QuoteI think we have been handicapped by the Premier League.

I thought the "I think" bit would have given it away, i.e. that it is an opinion.

Ok, I still fail to spot the difference between the two. Rafa lsited the facts he had, then offered an opinion on his fixtures.

You still haven't answered me and told me the difference between Rafa claiming they have an advantage and Ferguson claiming they have a disadvantage.

The difference is that Fergie offered an opinion on something not directly related to Liverpool and Benitez reacted to it by producing a piece of paper in case he'd forget anything he was stewing over! The other difference is clearly that Ferguson has won the league 10 times in England and Benitez hasn't won one.

Don't be such a child, don't drop down to that petty standard. By the way since you brought it up, did it not take Ferguson seven years to win his first League title?

So basically you are saying there is no difference between Ferguson saying there is a disadvantage and Benitez saying there is an advantage?

Of course Ferguson is talking about something that is relating to Liverpool. One of their rivals and amongst the fixtures he was complaining about.

Corn, you are really agitated today. I nearly hope Liverpool get a result tonight. Well no, not really.

Ferguson outlined why he was suspicious. 6 tough away games after all Champions League games - none of the other top 4 had this. All of the teams in the top half of last years league away in the first half of the season when United had the extra complications of European Super Cup and World Club Championship. Ferguson highlighted this and suggested it was more than a coincidence. At worst he can be blamed for paranoia but probably just the old siege mentality thing. Nothing childish or irrational there then.

Benitez got drawn into something that didn't concern him and although I'm biased, I don't think he made a convincing argument. Talking about zonal marking the referee and having Mr Ferguson decide the fixtures himself and then tell everyone else - well I'll refer you to the part of your post I've put in bold. He should have made sure Liverpool beat Stoke.

As for the 7 years it took Fergie to win a championship I fail to see the relevance. One thing is for certain - Benitez will not win 10 with Liverpool, you can take that to the bank. Fergie is not universally adored by the media, of course he isn't. Benitez does poorly in the media because he comes across as a cranky, dour shite who is always fighting with someone.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

EC Unique

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2009, 04:35:31 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 03:36:56 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2009, 03:27:53 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 03:04:21 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2009, 03:02:35 PM
QuoteI think we have been handicapped by the Premier League.

I thought the "I think" bit would have given it away, i.e. that it is an opinion.

Ok, I still fail to spot the difference between the two. Rafa lsited the facts he had, then offered an opinion on his fixtures.

You still haven't answered me and told me the difference between Rafa claiming they have an advantage and Ferguson claiming they have a disadvantage.

The difference is that Fergie offered an opinion on something not directly related to Liverpool and Benitez reacted to it by producing a piece of paper in case he'd forget anything he was stewing over! The other difference is clearly that Ferguson has won the league 10 times in England and Benitez hasn't won one.

Don't be such a child, don't drop down to that petty standard. By the way since you brought it up, did it not take Ferguson seven years to win his first League title?

So basically you are saying there is no difference between Ferguson saying there is a disadvantage and Benitez saying there is an advantage?

Of course Ferguson is talking about something that is relating to Liverpool. One of their rivals and amongst the fixtures he was complaining about.

As for the 7 years it took Fergie to win a championship I fail to see the relevance. One thing is for certain - Benitez will not win 10 with Liverpool, you can take that to the bank. Fergie is not universally adored by the media, of course he isn't. Benitez does poorly in the media because he comes across as a cranky, dour shite who is always fighting with someone.

Exactly, I failed to see the relevance about your point about Ferguson winning 10 and Rafa winning none. I thought it was just a bit of a sly dig that had no relevance.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

corn02

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 28, 2009, 05:56:31 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 28, 2009, 04:46:14 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on January 28, 2009, 04:45:20 PM

Pictures tell stories :D

What story?

Eh.. the story that Rafa's name translates to Rafa Beneathus.

Looks a bit stupid when Ferguson is below Benitez in the pictures then.

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

full back

Vidic missing 1st leg of CL  :-\

Nemanja Vidic will miss the first leg of Manchester United's Champions League tie against Inter Milan after being banned for one match by Fifa.

The punishment comes after the Serbian defender's sending off in the Club World Cup final in Japan in December.

Vidic received a red card for lashing out with an elbow in United's 1-0 victory against Liga de Quito.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.