The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Quote from: Derryman forever on April 05, 2024, 12:21:41 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on April 05, 2024, 10:05:43 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 05, 2024, 09:54:11 AMIt's the stuff round bloody sunday etc that gets me on her. The whys and wherefores of the whole thing aside it's just so antagonistic and disrespectful.
She is a product of her upbringing and background. Though they would try to say otherwise the DUP's demographic is a mirror image of SF's which includes ultra loyalist/republican opinion through to more main stream. Like many SF politicians Lockhart panders to that loyalist bloc   for votes.

Good man. Now can you name me a SF MP that is the reflection of Carla.
I wouldn't want to be giving them my vote.

It was her  that brought up the Drumcree March again, wanting  it "resolved". It was resolved 20 odd years ago.  And three young lads lost their lives  because  of it. Imagine  that mayhem happening again.

But as you say ,  the Drumcree talk would be music to a lot of knuckledraggers ears  and a few  more votes for Skeletor.

LC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-68857236

Not hard to know what side of the community the current Education Minister is from.

That being said if it had been 4 CCMS schools scheduled for closure and it was a new SF Education minister they would do exactly the same.

Not hard to know there are elections around the corner.

Just about sums up NI (parish) politics.

marty34

A school with 13 pupils, 3 teachers and 3 support staff.

Surely that can't continue.

I wonder how far away the next 'similiar' primary school is to each of them?

Is there not an enrolment figure in primary and once it dips below that, there needs to be an assessment down on it.

Politicians won't make good decisions - like hospitals etc.

By 13 pupils is very low. 

Armagh18

Quote from: marty34 on April 20, 2024, 08:12:56 AMA school with 13 pupils, 3 teachers and 3 support staff.

Is there not an enrolment figure in primary and once it dips below that, there needs to be an assessment down on it.

Armagh18

I'm all for small primary schools, local where everyone knows each other, to this day my best friends are ones from primary school but jeez 13 is very low

gallsman

Numbers are low for sure, and I'm not at all saying that should stay open, but if these were small, rural banks or post offices, or schools for that matter, I'm nationalist areas, would you be quite so triggered by it?

Tony Baloney

Schools that size aren't sustainable regardless of green or orange and they should be closed. This is the DUP doing DUP things but the Shinners would be no different. Politicians here don't like making difficult decisions.

gallsman

I agree, not sustainable, but there'd not be a word said if the shoe was on they other foot.

However, why are we so quick to accept that schools should close, but banks and post offices have to stay open?

general_lee

Quote from: gallsman on April 20, 2024, 10:46:50 AMI agree, not sustainable, but there'd not be a word said if the shoe was on they other foot.

However, why are we so quick to accept that schools should close, but banks and post offices have to stay open?
John O'Dowd wasn't afraid to close or attempt to close Catholic schools in rural areas. Ultimately though CCMS share some responsibility.

johnnycool

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 20, 2024, 09:07:21 AM
Quote from: marty34 on April 20, 2024, 08:12:56 AMA school with 13 pupils, 3 teachers and 3 support staff.

That's kids from P1 to P7, so at best two per age group and a classroom size of 4 or 5 for each teacher...

Nuts

Orior

Fine Gael favourite, crater face Hoey having a go at Jarlath Burns and the GAA
https://x.com/catharinehoey/status/1782365465433498036?s=46
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Truthsayer

Quote from: Orior on April 22, 2024, 05:40:40 PMFine Gael favourite, crater face Hoey having a go at Jarlath Burns and the GAA

::)  Kate be in the same mould as Jamie and Jim.. I wouldn't pay much heed to her.

imtommygunn

Massive bigot who deserves no airtime. How anyone ever elected her in England I don't know - she's bonkers.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AustinPowers

Quote from: Orior on April 22, 2024, 05:40:40 PMFine Gael favourite, crater face Hoey having a go at Jarlath Burns and the GAA

What paper is  that article from? The Newsletter?