Tyrone V Donegal

Started by Tyrones own, May 27, 2007, 06:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Lets get the party started.................

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ONeill

Many similarities to the '04 game. Tyrone stumble past a dogged Fermanagh, Donegal win in Ballybofey......they meet in Clones. On that day McFadden played the game of his life, hitting something like 1-7.

The teams then:

Tyrone:
J Devine;
R McMenamin, C Gormley, C Gourley;
J McMahon, S Sweeney, P Jordan;
G Cavlan, S Cavanagh;
B Dooher, B McGuigan, S O'Neill;
M Harte, K Hughes, O Mulligan.

Donegal:
P Durcan;
N McCready, R Sweeney, D Diver;
E Magee, B Monaghan, S Carr;
B Boyle, B McLaughlin;
C Toye, M Hegarty, B Roper;
C McFadden, A Sweeney, B Devenney.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ExiledGael

Looking at that Donegal seem to have the more improved side, especially at midfield and in defence.
Still has to be question marks over their mental strength though.
Today they should have stepped up and shown what they were about and they totally flopped, but ofr McFadden's frees and a jammy goal.
Still think Donegal will win, but lose the final

Over the Bar

Too far way to predict the Tyrone starting line-up but at near full strength bar the best CHF in Ireland I still fancy us if big Sean is up for another man of the match performance.

ziggysego

I think that Tyrone have more potential to win this game. Donegal were woeful at the marking today. Tyrone, if they get more disciplined and a few more key men back, well we should win the game. Not comfortably, but win it.

I think it will end up a Tyrone -v- Down Ulster Final, a repeat of 2003.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

I really do fancy Tyrone for this one - Donegal are a good side but Tyrone for the first time in a long time will be underdogs -

TacadoirArdMhacha

Fairly disappointing displays from both teams in the quarter finalsbut I suppose, having won, neither will care too much. Think Tyrone might have a bit more improvement in them, might just shade by a point or two. On form, you'd expect the winner to take Ulster but I've a feeling Derry might have a sting in the tail from the "weaker" side of the draw.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

TacadoirArdMhacha

I'd be amazed if it was anywhere other than Clones
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

stew

Tyrone have not played well for the guts of a year and have not much in the way of form going into the game, donegal managed to beat a very tough Armagh team and they feel they did not play well at all at all. Donegal will win this one by about four points, they have gotten over the Armagh jinx and tyrone will hardly scare them given the current injury crisis in the red hand counbty panel. Donegal by 4 in the Ulster semi final and may I be one of the first to wish them the best of luck.

Donegal will win Sam this year, I can feel it in me water.

Sligo to win connaught. :P
Dublin and Kerry to win Lenister and Munster respectfully.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Quote from: stew on May 28, 2007, 01:19:10 AM

Glad that they are both going to win in a dignified manner.

O'Neills Therapist

stew

Quote from: 02 on May 28, 2007, 04:32:09 AM
Quote from: stew on May 28, 2007, 01:19:10 AM

Glad that they are both going to win in a dignified manner.

:D

I deserved that after inserting the wrong word. oops
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

tyroneman

What state of fitness is Joe McMahon in at the minute?

Any time McGinley has played on Devenney he has been well and truly roasted  :(

phpearse

Damien McCaul could be handed the role of marking Devenney. May not have the experience but will not be caught for speed.

Fuzzman

What's the latest on Devenney after yesterday's wee rumble in the Ballybofey Jungle.

So funny watching BBC last night as all 3 guys in Studio obviously hate each other now.
I used to like McHugh but he's a sly wee sh*te and won't be truthful about how he feels.

I heard back in 2005 he had his sons wearing Armagh jerseys to the Tyrone game and is always having snide reamrks at them.

I think it should be a good game and it will be interesting to see will it be a more open match than that war of swarm yesterday.

Amazing how players now can get away with hitting officials on the sideline. Should this not be punished more severely.

I think we need McGinley out of Full back as he is way too slow and is gonna get roasted if they get good ball into FF line.

Might be no harm if Mellon gets a rest as we could see SON, Mugsy and Gormley in FF line with Dooher, Calvo and Tommy in half Forward line.
Still leaving McGinley as 2nd half sub if not a MF?

Mickey needs to sort our whinging at Refs and general indiscipline out although only Ricey got a yellow card last time.
Thought Donegal had no real outstanding players yesterday although suppose Lacey did OK and did McGonagley.

Anyone think Ricey could lose his place? I for one would be happy to leave him out especially if we've got
McCaul
McGee  (Is he fit again)
Gourley (Is he ever fit)
Holmes (Maybe new Full back - Did OK 2003 for a while)
Justy (Would he be any good at Corner back)

All much more disciplined tacklers with no Pre-match Ref bias to influence them.
Think lots of Refs with Ricey and Bellew will often look to punish them quicker than some and can understand why

bennydorano

After yesterday's performace by Donegal I'd fully expect them to win,they've nowhere to go but upwards.  Tyrone are not the team they were in 2005 or 2003.