Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Funny how people look at referee's decisions through tinted glasses, as if they get all the bad calls and don't get away with anything.

The ref made some bad calls on both sides. Even the lads on the BBC said Tyrone were lucky to get away with a couple at key moments.

Wildweasel74

There be no ambush, Kerry will be a step up to what they faced in the championship. Ir be tight to half time, Tyrone might even lead at that stage but Kerry pull away from 5mins s on.

Main Street

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 31, 2021, 05:55:12 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 31, 2021, 05:48:45 PM
Quote from: CK_Redhand on July 31, 2021, 05:42:04 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on July 31, 2021, 05:35:03 PM
Jersey pull by Beggan
Yip clear as day. Credit to him for tracking back but lucky to get away with it
Beggan  made up a lot of ground,  got his hand to the ball , then a slight tug and a wonderful piece of skill to take possesion of the ball under pressure.
The Tyrone player dallied on the ball.

He pulled Matties arm back to slow him but if it had been a forward they would have buried it. Thought Mcgough gave monghan a bit more in the 2nd half.
I hardly ever comment on a refs performance and how it might have affected Monaghan in a game. In that game that was a nothing contact  and in the context of what  Beggan  did to win the ball,it was a small part. The ref  decisions debate is endless, the drag back on  K. Hughes, black or yellow? What does it matter now?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 31, 2021, 06:04:16 PM
Ref gave Monaghan a lot in the second half. Can't remember who it was for Tyrone but they were fouled near the end on the sideline closest to the screen, yet ended up being penalised for what they did after. Add in Beggan pulling the jersey, to that last passage of play when the ball came off the post and it was coming down into a Tyrone defenders arms yet he got a blatant push in the back before Monaghan got the ball and the free. Even blowing up Tyrone for lifting off the ground too.

Not one pundit or player on the pitch complained about that tackle from the keeper, was the best thing about the game in fairness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 31, 2021, 06:04:16 PM
Ref gave Monaghan a lot in the second half. Can't remember who it was for Tyrone but they were fouled near the end on the sideline closest to the screen, yet ended up being penalised for what they did after. Add in Beggan pulling the jersey, to that last passage of play when the ball came off the post and it was coming down into a Tyrone defenders arms yet he got a blatant push in the back before Monaghan got the ball and the free. Even blowing up Tyrone for lifting off the ground too.

Tyrone got lucky enough with a few calls in the first half. Swings and roundabouts.

It was off the ground in my view.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

straightred

Quote from: Main Street on July 31, 2021, 06:13:51 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on July 31, 2021, 05:55:12 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 31, 2021, 05:48:45 PM
Quote from: CK_Redhand on July 31, 2021, 05:42:04 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on July 31, 2021, 05:35:03 PM
Jersey pull by Beggan
Yip clear as day. Credit to him for tracking back but lucky to get away with it
Beggan  made up a lot of ground,  got his hand to the ball , then a slight tug and a wonderful piece of skill to take possesion of the ball under pressure.
The Tyrone player dallied on the ball.

He pulled Matties arm back to slow him but if it had been a forward they would have buried it. Thought Mcgough gave monghan a bit more in the 2nd half.
I hardly ever comment on a refs performance and how it might have affected Monaghan in a game. In that game that was a nothing contact  and in the context of what  Beggan  did to win the ball,it was a small part. The ref  decisions debate is endless, the drag back on  K. Hughes, black or yellow? What does it matter now?
Thought tyrone got the best of it with a couple of really soft ones near the end, You never see Con OCallaghan getting done with a steps call like that either. I've no issue with calling for steps but you have to be consistent and do it properly. He didn't

tyrone08

Monaghan came good in the second half but in reality they only did so as they copied tyrones game plan by pushing up Rory. Seem to lack ideas in the first half and thought they would model tyrone in the 2nd half. Shows a lack of ideas from monaghan managment.

The tyrone game plan is suicide against the likes of kerry or Dublin as once they lose the ball the top teams will go straight for goal.

Schkite

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 31, 2021, 07:23:46 PM
Monaghan came good in the second half but in reality they only did so as they copied tyrones game plan by pushing up Rory. Seem to lack ideas in the first half and thought they would model tyrone in the 2nd half. Shows a lack of ideas from monaghan managment.

The tyrone game plan is suicide against the likes of kerry or Dublin as once they lose the ball the top teams will go straight for goal.

🙄

Beggan has been roaming out the field for ages now, it's not something Tyrone invented.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Schkite on July 31, 2021, 07:30:09 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on July 31, 2021, 07:23:46 PM

🙄

Beggan has been roaming out the field for ages now, it's not something Tyrone invented.

He never pushed up full length of pitch on kick out?

yellowcard

Refereeing a Gaelic football match has got so difficult and the fact that both sides can have grievances about some very marginal decisions only reinforces the point. I thought Gough done ok on balance but may have got a few decisions wrong but no one side clearly benefitted from this. At least he is a referee that will allow some degree of physical contact.

I watched the game on BBC where the commentators kept going on about him blowing up the match 20 seconds early yet from what I recall on the screen timer he actually played more than the 3 minutes of allocated injury time.

nrico2006

Tyrone still haven't sorted out their free taking either, Morgan shouldn't be near them nor should McCurry. Two easy ones missed right before half time.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyrone08

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 31, 2021, 07:34:22 PM
Tyrone still haven't sorted out their free taking either, Morgan shouldn't be near them nor should McCurry. Two easy ones missed right before half time.
[/quote
Agree with Morgan not taking them. Ironically tyrones best free taker is on the bench this season, Lee brennan. Unbelievable at frees.

redzone

Correct me if I'm wrong but was  there 18000 in attendance. Looked at max 8000 to me. How were tickets so hard to get with nine on sale to general public

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on July 31, 2021, 07:31:28 PM
Refereeing a Gaelic football match has got so difficult and the fact that both sides can have grievances about some very marginal decisions only reinforces the point. I thought Gough done ok on balance but may have got a few decisions wrong but no one side clearly benefitted from this. At least he is a referee that will allow some degree of physical contact.

I watched the game on BBC where the commentators kept going on about him blowing up the match 20 seconds early yet from what I recall on the screen timer he actually played more than the 3 minutes of allocated injury time.

Yeah I wondered that point on the timing. Was over 3 minutes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: yellowcard on July 31, 2021, 07:31:28 PM

I would agree with you there regarding Gough and how difficult the game has become to referee. He let quite a bit go today, which I think benefits the game, but then you have both sides coming away thinking there was a few decisions they didn't get.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either