Connacht Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by Cunny Funt, June 18, 2021, 12:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

Quote from: whitey on July 28, 2021, 12:07:19 AM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 27, 2021, 09:12:11 PM
The maroon or green and red glasses are going to colour the opinion on this but if we're going to allow players to body slam the opposition at every coming together or jersey pull then let's go whole hog on it and just allow a violent free for all, might be one way to beat the Dubs!
What happened happened, O'Hora is a trained fighter and got away with it, best of luck to him. The officials did nothing or felt that there was nothing to do as the Mayo fans would make out, that's the only thing that matters really, It's starting to sound like whinging from Galway now so we should leave it off to the teams left and concentrate on our own myriad problems, Sunday is done and dusted.

Compared to what O' Shea and the O Connors have had to put up with from Dublin over the years, Galway should pack it in altogether if theyre getting their underpants in a knot over what happened last Sunday.

A golden unwritten rule among boxers is never to practice their art outside of the ring. O'Hora, and I hadn't realised he had MMA training until subsequent to the match, slammed Walsh on the ground in a manner that could have caused serious shoulder or neck injuries. The fact that he has martial arts training means that he should have enough discipline to react only in a self-defensive manner, not aggressively. It's unlikely that Walsh (of all people) was putting O'Hora under too much duress. Imagine the outcry there would be if a trained boxer broke a player's jaw or neck during a match with a punch?

Best of luck to Mayo from here on, sincerely I want to see them win Sam, but the above incident I find distasteful and one that warrants further investigation.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on July 28, 2021, 10:27:43 AM
All the talk about Mayo's S&C superiority got me thinking about Colm McMenamin. He could run like the duracell bunny but was never a great scorer.

Jez Seafoid, that nearly quarter of a century since Colm donned the jersey? Hardly relevant to any discussion today.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 28, 2021, 03:18:53 PM
All the talk about Mayo's S&C superiority got me thinking about Colm McMenamin. He could run like the duracell bunny but was never a great scorer.

Jez Seafoid, that nearly quarter of a century since Colm donned the jersey? Hardly relevant to any discussion today.
Not if the 6 or 7 gym bunnies recruited by Horan score 0-4 each against Dublin. But if they don't I think it should be mentioned.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on July 28, 2021, 03:42:50 PM

Not if the 6 or 7 gym bunnies recruited by Horan score 0-4 each against Dublin. But if they don't I think it should be mentioned.

Don't be worrying yourself about Mayo and the 6 or 7 gym bunnies recruited by Horan score 0-4 each against Dublin. We'll be brought swiftly down to earth in a few weeks time.

The media will jump once again on the Great Mayo/Dublin rivalry. A rivalry that is one of the most one sided since 2012 in League and Championship.

rosnarun

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 28, 2021, 05:14:20 PM

Don't be worrying yourself about Mayo and the 6 or 7 gym bunnies recruited by Horan score 0-4 each against Dublin. We'll be brought swiftly down to earth in a few weeks time.

The media will jump once again on the Great Mayo/Dublin rivalry. A rivalry that is one of the most one sided since 2012 in League and Championship.

is there any team you hate more than Mayo.
you going on with same shite for years and mayo keep getting better and better.
Losing all Irelands and is a pleasure most counties know nothing look at how long since such strong counties have even got there
where as mayo have just Qualified for their 10th out of 11 Semi-finals with a new exciiting team and you cant even bring yourself to say its a good thing .  ::)

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rudi

Quote from: rosnarun on July 28, 2021, 05:52:58 PM

Losing all Irelands and is a pleasure most counties know nothing look at how long since such strong counties have even got there
where as mayo have just Qualified for their 10th out of 11 Semi-finals with a new exciiting team and you cant even bring yourself to say its a good thing .  ::)

10 out of 11 semi final appearances is a remarkable achievement. Mayo in fairness have produced great teams over the last 11 years. I was at the Connacht final in 2011, didn't think that Mayo team were up to much, they certainly proved me wrong. They have a knack of producing tight, aggressive, pacy defenders.

From the Bunker

I have nothing but the height of admiration for Mayo football, especially since 2011. Nothing filled me with more joy than McLoughlin, O'Sea, Keegan and Hennelly getting to enjoy winning a Connacht Championship in Croker.

I'm only calling it as it is. No one will be happier if we put Dublin on their arse, but this will be a waste of time if we hand Kerry a handy AI like Donegal did in 2014 and we did for Donegal in 2012.

StephenC

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 28, 2021, 06:35:05 PM

I have nothing but the height of admiration for Mayo football, especially since 2011. Nothing filled me with more joy than McLoughlin, O'Sea, Keegan and Hennelly getting to enjoy winning a Connacht Championship in Croker.

I'm only calling it as it is. No one will be happier if we put Dublin on their arse, but this will be a waste of time if we hand Kerry a handy AI like Donegal did in 2014 and we did for Donegal in 2012.

Easy tiger ... nothing easy about 2012.  8)

From the Bunker

Quote from: StephenC on July 28, 2021, 09:49:18 PM

Ah come on we gave ye a 7 point start!

Wildweasel74

As good a team as Mayo has to get to 10 semi and not win 1 final once. Is very poor no matter the opposition.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 29, 2021, 12:03:34 AM
As good a team as Mayo has to get to 10 semi and not win 1 final once. Is very poor no matter the opposition.
Apart from Donegal in 2014 remind me of all the other teams that have beaten Dublin when this poor Mayo team couldn't???

StephenC

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 28, 2021, 10:10:02 PM
Quote from: StephenC on July 28, 2021, 09:49:18 PM

Ah come on we gave ye a 7 point start!

Get up the yard.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Rudi on July 28, 2021, 06:05:25 PM

10 out of 11 semi final appearances is a remarkable achievement. Mayo in fairness have produced great teams over the last 11 years. I was at the Connacht final in 2011, didn't think that Mayo team were up to much, they certainly proved me wrong. They have a knack of producing tight, aggressive, pacy defenders.

Its a serious achievement, everyone in the county pulls in the same direction. How often do you hear of a Mayo man not making himself available whereas in Galway its a familiar theme every year.

I'm sure Mayo will look back with regret to not winning the big one but they've exhausted all options when it comes to talent and made the most out of what they've got, just probably a forward light of winning 2 or 3 All Irelands.

seafoid

Sometimes a very good team is unlucky to come up against a very dominant team and unable to win Sam.

This happened to Roscommon and Monaghan in the late 70s/80s and is happening to Mayo now.

Sometimes success is about timing.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Quote from: Crete Boom on July 29, 2021, 02:14:49 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 29, 2021, 12:03:34 AM
Apart from Donegal in 2014 remind me of all the other teams that have beaten Dublin when this poor Mayo team couldn't???

Dublin lost 3 games in the AI series(es) 2010 to 2020 incl.
Won around 30 and a draw or 2.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM