Division one 2021

Started by tonto1888, December 14, 2020, 07:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: Hound on May 31, 2021, 01:13:29 PM
Dubs v Donegal to be played at neutral venue.

Wonder why that is

yellowcard

I think this was all part of a Banty masterplan in order to get home advantage for a much more important play off game! It worked and it is just unfortunate for Galway that they are the team who have suffered.

Rudi

Monaghan originally had 1 game to be played at home, Galway had 2. Monaghan therefore should be drawn to play at home, has nothing to do with Monaghan flouting the Covid training rules.

Hound

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 31, 2021, 01:28:23 PM

Wonder why that is
Both teams (technically) had just one home game so far. Therefore, it's a coin toss, unless both teams agree they'd prefer a neutral venue rather than risk losing the toss.

Makes sense in this case I think. Although Donegal won't be too happy when the GAA announce Croke Park as the neutral venue  :P  :P   :P   ;)

Main Street

Quote from: Rudi on May 31, 2021, 01:50:53 PM
Monaghan originally had 1 game to be played at home, Galway had 2. Monaghan therefore should be drawn to play at home, has nothing to do with Monaghan flouting the Covid training rules.
Amazing (or not) how that bit of rationale has escaped most people.
Joyce was talking through his hole.

StephenC

Quote from: Hound on May 31, 2021, 02:15:57 PM

Wonder why that is
Both teams (technically) had just one home game so far. Therefore, it's a coin toss, unless both teams agree they'd prefer a neutral venue rather than risk losing the toss.

Makes sense in this case I think. Although Donegal won't be too happy when the GAA announce Croke Park as the neutral venue  :P  :P   :P   ;)

Our U21's would enjoy the day out I'm sure.

blanketattack

Quote from: sam03/05 on May 31, 2021, 01:02:49 AM
Tyrone having to travel to Kerry in Covid times is mental

Why? Kerry and Tyrone have very low rates of infection. It'd be more mental to play in a neutral venue, where it's likely to have a far greater rate of Covid-19 than Kerry or Tyrone

UpMeeyo

Quote from: Main Street on May 31, 2021, 02:40:01 PM
Quote from: Rudi on May 31, 2021, 01:50:53 PM
Amazing (or not) how that bit of rationale has escaped most people.
Joyce was talking through his hole.

It would seem an amazing coincidence to me that the 4 teams who broke covid regulations Monaghan/Down/Cork/Dublin were all randomly selected to only have 1 home game. If it had been fixed where any of these teams had a second home game in the group stages there'd have been uproar about that too. Its just extremely poor planning. should have been 1 home 1 away 1 neutral in group and home advantage to 1st v 2nd in semis/relegation

armaghniac

Quote from: blanketattack on May 31, 2021, 04:44:10 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on May 31, 2021, 01:02:49 AM
Tyrone having to travel to Kerry in Covid times is mental

Why? Kerry and Tyrone have very low rates of infection. It'd be more mental to play in a neutral venue, where it's likely to have a far greater rate of Covid-19 than Kerry or Tyrone

At least now hotels are open and there are a lot of hotels in Kerry.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

phpearse

Are teams permitted to travel to away games on team bus or do they still have to travel by car? Will Tyrone be expected to travel individually by car to the Kerry game?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: phpearse on June 01, 2021, 08:13:58 AM
Are teams permitted to travel to away games on team bus or do they still have to travel by car? Will Tyrone be expected to travel individually by car to the Kerry game?

50% apparently can us a coach, so two coaches would be required, I don't think hotels are open yet to the public, open for work/business, so not sure how that would work for teams ....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the_daddy on June 01, 2021, 11:16:25 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 01, 2021, 11:10:33 AM

50% apparently can us a coach, so two coaches would be required, I don't think hotels are open yet to the public, open for work/business, so not sure how that would work for teams ....

The hotels are open to the public in the South from tomorrow. I believe that Sligo had a couple of coaches up and did an overnight against Antrim for their league game.

That's great then, no issues for teams heading down the night before, plenty fresh for the game the next day, an expense with the extra coach though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 01, 2021, 12:53:07 PM

The hotels are open to the public in the South from tomorrow. I believe that Sligo had a couple of coaches up and did an overnight against Antrim for their league game.

That's great then, no issues for teams heading down the night before, plenty fresh for the game the next day, an expense with the extra coach though

The logistics for away teams travelling in these covid times is a bit of a nightmare. Teams that have home advantage for these semi finals/play offs should be very grateful.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 01, 2021, 03:21:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 01, 2021, 12:53:07 PM

The logistics for away teams travelling in these covid times is a bit of a nightmare. Teams that have home advantage for these semi finals/play offs should be very grateful.

I'm hoping they are very grateful and give us a ten point lead

J70

Quote from: StephenC on May 31, 2021, 02:50:24 PM
Quote from: Hound on May 31, 2021, 02:15:57 PM

Wonder why that is

Our U21's would enjoy the day out I'm sure.

Yeah, I can't see Bonner risking too many first choice players for this, with nothing to play for, Down the following week, and a few injuries already to deal with.

There's no way the likes of McBrearty should be risked, with Murphy, Brennan and Gallen already missing games. Stephen McMenamin is just back, and with McGee and McGrath out, you can't be risking him either. And whoever does play, they can't be going full steam into contact.

On the other hand, how much of a drubbing is acceptable?

Maybe the Dubs will have mercy and play keep-ball once they get about 9-10 points ahead.