Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

There is and has been a lot worse going on in the game than what Harry Kane does, the man is as close as you are going to get to a clean player. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 07, 2020, 05:58:04 PM
There is and has been a lot worse going on in the game than what Harry Kane does, the man is as close as you are going to get to a clean player.

Are you serious? He deliberately goes under lads who are jumping, ducks down and they then go head first into the ground. Sneaky, cowardly act

thewobbler

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 07, 2020, 06:31:36 PM

Are you serious? He deliberately goes under lads who are jumping, ducks down and they then go head first into the ground. Sneaky, cowardly act

And yet somehow that list of players who couldn't continue a match after a challenge with/from/near Harry Kane still numbers somewhere between f**k all and squared.

The basics just don't add up for week's feigned football fury.

Boycey

Didn't know it was even a thing til I checked twitter there. There does seem to be a bit of a theme to it alright  :). I'm not sure it's that malicious in fairness, is he not trying to buy a free for himself rather than injure others?

Now that it's been highlighted he'll hardly get away with it as much....

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on December 07, 2020, 06:57:56 PM
Didn't know it was even a thing til I checked twitter there. There does seem to be a bit of a theme to it alright  :). I'm not sure it's that malicious in fairness, is he not trying to buy a free for himself rather than injure others?

Ah here he clearly looks and waits until the lads are in the air to back into them causing them to fall head first.

Just because nobody has been injured so far doesn't, mean it's not going to happen. It's a booking every time and now it's been highlighted I would hope that's the  case!!

He's a phenomenal footballer he doesn't need to do it!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: thewobbler on December 07, 2020, 06:42:47 PM

And yet somehow that list of players who couldn't continue a match after a challenge with/from/near Harry Kane still numbers somewhere between f**k all and squared.

I'm not saying he's trying to get players hurt deliberately but it's the complete deliberate act of stopping, looking and ducking that makes this a sneaky act. If a player to falls head first from that height they could very easily break and arm or damage a shoulder. Remember Steve Morrow falling off Tony Adams shoulder?  The same sort of injury could happen from Kane's actions very easily.

nrico2006

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 07, 2020, 07:53:55 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on December 07, 2020, 06:42:47 PM

I'm not saying he's trying to get players hurt deliberately but it's the complete deliberate act of stopping, looking and ducking that makes this a sneaky act. If a player to falls head first from that height they could very easily break and arm or damage a shoulder. Remember Steve Morrow falling off Tony Adams shoulder?  The same sort of injury could happen from Kane's actions very easily.

But if that type of injury happened easily from this type of behaviour, and this type of behaviour happened so frequently, surely there would be one case of it to reference?  Is it worse than strikers like Shearer or Davies who used to fling their elbows at defenders faces/heads several times a match?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Quote from: screenexile on December 07, 2020, 07:43:13 PM
Quote from: Boycey on December 07, 2020, 06:57:56 PM

Ah here he clearly looks and waits until the lads are in the air to back into them causing them to fall head first.

Just because nobody has been injured so far doesn't, mean it's not going to happen. It's a booking every time and now it's been highlighted I would hope that's the  case!!

He's a phenomenal footballer he doesn't need to do it!

So we're pretty much in total agreement then?

Armamike

He bought a penalty against Brighton and Adam Lallana a few weeks ago and has tried it again since.  It is cowardly and dangerous. Sooner or later somebody will get badly hurt if keeps trying it.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Captain Obvious

VAR decision on the Southampton penalty a correct one tonight?

thewobbler

Quote from: Armamike on December 07, 2020, 09:31:44 PM
He bought a penalty against Brighton and Adam Lallana a few weeks ago and has tried it again since.  It is cowardly and dangerous. Sooner or later somebody will get badly hurt if keeps trying it.

Questions:

Is it okay for a player to crash through an opponent's back, so long as they're airborne when doing so?

If not, then it was a penalty to Spurs anyway. So no cheating.
But if so, is the risk of hurting their opponent not then unnecessarily high?

If not, then why is football history full of players left prone on the ground from this type of challenge?
If so, then would Kane not be better protecting himself than acting as a trampoline for someone's knees?

—-

Basically there's a man standing his ground and a man flying through the air. The only reason the former can be described as more dangerous is with an agenda.

Armamike

The wonderful thing about football is how people can view the same incident in completely different ways.  From the instances I've seen the past few weeks, Harry Kane is not even attempting to go for the ball - he's taking a look around him to see where the man is and he's crouching down.  I see his opponent on those couple of occasions only going for the ball, nothing else. Harry is unlikely to win the ball in those situations because he's backing in, and getting caught under the ball, and his opponent is running on to it.  But I would think most players in his position would make an effort to jump and challenge for it anyway once they've committed.  To crouch down the way he does is dangerous imo, leaving the opponent way off balance.  I think it's a phase he's going through. He'll cut it out.
That's just, like your opinion man.

brokencrossbar1

https://youtu.be/1eSHy3nJwH4

Player suffered a broken neck in 3 places from a fall similar to the one that a number of players have suffered due to Kane's deliberate actions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 08, 2020, 06:59:09 AM
https://youtu.be/1eSHy3nJwH4

Player suffered a broken neck in 3 places from a fall similar to the one that a number of players have suffered due to Kane's deliberate actions.

Is it a foul to back into someone, players back into people all over the pitch, you'd be blowing all game...

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

reillycavan

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 07, 2020, 03:29:51 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 07, 2020, 03:24:18 PM
Quote from: screenexile on December 07, 2020, 02:51:43 PM
Harry Kane can f**k away off backing into lads when they're going up for a header too someone is going to get seriously injured with that shit he's at!!

Sir Harry of Kane can do as he pleases....it may be dangerous as f**k but he gets away with it. Funny how his shithousery has increased since Jose became manager....hmmmmm?

Probably more because Mourinho will actually speak to the press, Pochettino was fond of the me no speak Englese when stuff like this was put to him.

Kane's been like this for years, it's got worse with England Captaincy.

+1 on Kane. Shouting at referees consistently  Jordan Henderson is a another mouth.  He is s great player too let's himself him down with conduct towards referees.  When don't referees book players for this? Lewis Dunk was at it for Brighton last night.