China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Why are Governments wasting Billions on vaccinations?
If only they'd read GAAboard..... :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Weekly update for the ROI. Good progress made as we ease more restrictions from tomorrow.

Cases 3003 (221 fewer than last week) 
Reported Deaths 24 (12 fewer than last week)

In hospital 116 (11 fewer than a week ago)
In ICU 31 (10 fewer than last Sunday)

GetOverTheBar

I get the feeling some people here want the spike so they can claim a victory.....

It's going well. Hoping this is really it.

Serious amount of Southern Reg cars in my part of the world this weekend.....bold.

clarshack

500k+ people marched through the streets of London just over 2 weeks ago and there hasn't been a spike as a result.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: clarshack on May 10, 2021, 10:36:25 AM
500k+ people marched through the streets of London just over 2 weeks ago and there hasn't been a spike as a result.

England offers great hope. Israel too. It's working.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 10, 2021, 09:57:56 AM
I get the feeling some people here want the spike so they can claim a victory.....

Serious amount of Southern Reg cars in my part of the world this weekend.....bold.

I get the feeling some people think its seasonal and other people believe that its just the flu and we didnt have cases of covid at all!

Still worth noting that we are still getting nearly 2000 cases a day of the flu which normally this time of the year we don't get, strange

As long as we continue to do what we are doing then we'll be grand
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

I'm confused by what you mean? Do you think there's people about who thought we should be staying in lockdown forever?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

clarshack

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 10, 2021, 11:37:22 AM

I'm confused by what you mean? Do you think there's people about who thought we should be staying in lockdown forever?

Yes there are people about who would be happy to stay locked down forever.

trueblue1234

Quote from: clarshack on May 10, 2021, 11:39:39 AM

Sorry we'll have to disagree, I think that's nonsense.

imtommygunn

I don't know anyone who is in any way happy with lockdown. I don't understand why anyone thinks that is the case. This thing has people stressed up to high dough so there will be very paranoid people who are reluctant to move quickly out of lockdown yes but I don't see how anyone wants it or why they would.

JoG2

I say down with the Cabal, the great reset, 5g etc... Will you be marching on Benone beach this Sat Clarshack? If so, make sure to be as anti-everything as you can, loud and proud. Those we critters building sand castles need to woken up.

clarshack

Quote from: JoG2 on May 10, 2021, 11:58:21 AM

I say down with the Cabal, the great reset, 5g etc... Will you be marching on Benone beach this Sat Clarshack? If so, make sure to be as anti-everything as you can, loud and proud. Those we critters building sand castles need to woken up.

Wtf are you on about? Sadly, I know people who don't care if they never leave the house again. what on earth has that got to do with 5g?. You have lost the plot.

trueblue1234

Quote from: clarshack on May 10, 2021, 12:11:03 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 10, 2021, 11:58:21 AM

Wtf are you on about? Sadly, I know people who don't care if they never leave the house again. what on earth has that got to do with 5g?. You have lost the plot.
I know no one who thinks like that. Not even one. It must be an absolute tiny minority. Supporting lock downs does not mean supporting lockdowns forever. That shouldn't even need to be said, but it looks like it does.

GetOverTheBar

My point was about this thread really - in an effort to throw it back at others. Not about general, real life.

Regarding real life....I think a tiny minority would be happy enough with the furlough life....it mustn't be bad. But the vast majority of people long for the good old days.

Hound

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 09, 2021, 05:36:09 PM
Weekly update for the ROI. Good progress made as we ease more restrictions from tomorrow.

Cases 3003 (221 fewer than last week) 
Reported Deaths 24 (12 fewer than last week)

In hospital 116 (11 fewer than a week ago)
In ICU 31 (10 fewer than last Sunday)

This is good news. Hopefully there'll be under 100 people in hospital by next week. Vaccine rollout is much improved after a poor start, and vaccine take-up by the general population who've been offered it so far has been very good. 

While there'll obviously be differences over certain things, it is good that politicians on all sides have the same general message they are giving to people:
- We're nearly there, but we're not over the line so we still need to take care and act responsibly
- Get the vaccine when you're offered it

I think we're well on course for pubs and restaurants to be fully open by end of June