Barbecue

Started by redzone, April 27, 2019, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Any recommendations for a new barbecue

omochain

Where are you buying it. Ireland or elsewhere?

stephenite

How often would you be looking to use it?

redzone

I'm from the North and budget is around 500, twice a week hopefully if the weather's like last year, thanks

Milltown Row2

For £500 quid you'll be looking a gas one I take it? I've had both over the many years but can't fault the basic charcoal barbecue to be honest, mate bought one last year for around that price, 6 burner with hot plates, stainless steel finish. It's great but we don't get summers like last year!

I've a Weber and it's the best one I've had over 20 years. £160 easy cleaned wide enough cooking area. It's wheeled into the garage no fuss.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

£500 is a lot of dough for something that could only be wheeled out every now & then. Unless when you say your from the north, it's America. You'll get a decent one from £150-£ 200. Make sure you get a decent cover. Lidl always have them this time of year.
Ps building Gas bbqs are a nitemare.

Hardy

What's the point of a gas barbecue - i.e. a gas cooker outdoors?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on April 28, 2019, 11:45:17 AM

You are still flame grilling, and you can add woodchips for the smokey smell. they're cleaner, quicker and easier to control temperature. I've had both, I love barbecues. With the wood chips in a burner adding smoke and smell, I think gas barbecues are just handier.

rrhf

You are right!  What's the point in even having a garden?

Tony Baloney

If you're spending 500 get a Kamado Joe. Know a few people who swear by them.

manfromdelmonte

Weber bbqs are good
There's one that is portable, take legs off, fold up, put into boot.
Have a bbq anywhere- lakeside, seaside, rented accommodation

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 28, 2019, 11:46:19 AM

You are still flame grilling, and you can add woodchips for the smokey smell. they're cleaner, quicker and easier to control temperature. I've had both, I love barbecues. With the wood chips in a burner adding smoke and smell, I think gas barbecues are just handier.

Love a BBQ in the evenings have had it out this 3 weeks now and used it 7/8 times at this stage.

100% agree with you AZ they're so much handier than a coal BBQ and still a great taste without the wait for a coal BBQ.

Anybody got any particular specialties?? We'd do steak/burgers/chicken/sausages but wouldn't mind trying something a bit different any recipe's tips would be very welcome!

Frank_The_Tank

Those Big Green Egg ones are meant to be some job.  I know that's what they use in James Street South in Belfast for the bbq cookery school lesson.  I think brand new they could be more expensive than £500 but you might get deal on Ebay or somewhere.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: screenexile on April 28, 2019, 11:06:32 PM

Love a BBQ in the evenings have had it out this 3 weeks now and used it 7/8 times at this stage.

100% agree with you AZ they're so much handier than a coal BBQ and still a great taste without the wait for a coal BBQ.

Anybody got any particular specialties?? We'd do steak/burgers/chicken/sausages but wouldn't mind trying something a bit different any recipe's tips would be very welcome!
Marinated venison steaks can be fantastic
Veg skewers. Peppers, mushrooms, onions
Pork skewers with a sweet marinade
Pork belly
Salmon wrapped in tin foil

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 29, 2019, 08:04:12 AM
Quote from: screenexile on April 28, 2019, 11:06:32 PM

Marinated venison steaks can be fantastic
Veg skewers. Peppers, mushrooms, onions
Pork skewers with a sweet marinade
Pork belly
Salmon wrapped in tin foil

Corn on the cob and asparagus tasty on bbq as well.  Top quality butcher for the meat is hard to beat as well.  Had first one of year over the Easter weekend with the good weather..went to McCartneys butchers in moira..award winning Sausages were class....gin and tonic sausages as well  :)
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience