70 (72.2%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: November 08, 2016, 11:55:10 AM

trileacman

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 09, 2016, 02:48:46 PM
Quote from: stew on November 09, 2016, 02:36:27 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 09, 2016, 02:21:29 PM
Quote from: NetNitrate on November 09, 2016, 01:20:42 PM
There's a theory that the only way to improve world economy is to invest a shitload of money into fixing infrastructure. Much of Anerica's is falling apart. This will create jobs for the disenfranchised and these are the types that will then spend money, in contrast to the uber wealthy that keep their money with wealth managers and trusts which in no way helps economy. Trump as a real estate developer seems to get that. Ironically his only experience in construction could make him a great President.

I'll look forward to the day that the Republican controlled Congress passes the bill allowing a higher level of debt to fund this infrastructure building.

Did you look forward to the debt Obama created in eight years, you know, the ten trillion he fucked the country into?

Don't see what that's got to do with Trump not being able to do anything he just said he would because of his own party.

How strong is the Republician majority in the senate currently?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

OgraAnDun

Quote from: trileacman on November 09, 2016, 02:50:48 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 09, 2016, 02:48:46 PM
There's a theory that the only way to improve world economy is to invest a shitload of money into fixing infrastructure. Much of Anerica's is falling apart. This will create jobs for the disenfranchised and these are the types that will then spend money, in contrast to the uber wealthy that keep their money with wealth managers and trusts which in no way helps economy. Trump as a real estate developer seems to get that. Ironically his only experience in construction could make him a great President.

I'll look forward to the day that the Republican controlled Congress passes the bill allowing a higher level of debt to fund this infrastructure building.

Did you look forward to the debt Obama created in eight years, you know, the ten trillion he fucked the country into?

Don't see what that's got to do with Trump not being able to do anything he just said he would because of his own party.

How strong is the Republician majority in the senate currently?

54/100, with Dems only gaining one seat.

johnneycool

Quote from: stew on November 09, 2016, 01:12:53 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 09, 2016, 01:01:42 PM
Quote from: stew on November 09, 2016, 12:56:31 PM
Quote from: moysider on November 07, 2016, 10:29:20 PM
Quote from: Hardy on November 07, 2016, 06:38:10 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 07, 2016, 06:32:30 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/opinion/campaign-stops/harry-belafonte-what-do-we-have-to-lose-everything.html

Great piece.

+1. When exactly was America great? Has anybody asked Trump I wonder?

Hmmmm, let's see, A country was born, kicking the shit out of the Brits and shortly after becomes the most influential country on the planet, America was great, innovative and propped up the rest of the world, now China owns much of it, before that, the Japanese.

Who is he going to make it great for Stew?

Nobody in all likelihood, I am hoping he takes care of the middle class, the working class and those on welfare in that he can create jobs and tighten the borders, no one gets in without being vetted one hundred percent.

Why would a lad whose Trump companies are renowned for not paying their subbies all of a sudden give a shit for the middle and working class, let alone those on welfare?

seafoid

Peter Beinart  is a Jewish commentator

I'm not leaving America. It's my country. I have to fight for it. I have to fight – every American Jew has to fight – to protect the American Muslims who right now must be terrified beyond belief. I have to fight the dozens of American Nazis who have descended on my Twitter feed to celebrate their victory. I still love America to my core. But I don't trust it in the same way. And I don't trust progress. I keep hearing my grandmother's voice in my ear.

weareros

Good soundbyte. But you need to discount from that the policies he inherited from Bush that drove the debt up, in particular the stimulus packages after the financial crisis, the wars in the Middle East and the Bush tax cuts. Yes, you'll see it rising steeply under his presidency but these were not his policies. In fact a lot of analysis has been done to show that his policies added much less to debt than Bushes. On top of that, Bush inherited a booming economy and handed over a collapsed economy to Obama where unemployment had risen to something like 15%. Obama is handing the ecomomy over to Trump in much better shape than he found it.

Main Street

Quote from: weareros on November 09, 2016, 03:26:15 PM

Good soundbyte. But you need to discount from that the policies he inherited from Bush that drove the debt up, in particular the stimulus packages after the financial crisis, the wars in the Middle East and the Bush tax cuts. Yes, you'll see it rising steeply under his presidency but these were not his policies. In fact a lot of analysis has been done to show that his policies added much less to debt than Bushes. On top of that, Bush inherited a booming economy and handed over a collapsed economy to Obama where unemployment had risen to something like 15%. Obama is handing the ecomomy over to Trump in much better shape than he found it.
Trump has not paid any taxes or even give any money to charity. Trump effectively admitted
this was correct  by responding with: "That makes me smart" in a debate.

Leaving aside any criminal aspects of tax evasion, it seems that Trump does not understand that the president is a role model. So what would happen if the entire population of the USA were to be as selfishly smart as Trump? Obviously, no one would pay taxes. And if no one pays taxes, then Trump's federal government would have no money to pay off any debt or implement any social, economic, political, or military program, including Trump's secret plan to defeat ISIS and his not-so-secret plan to build a wall along the border with Mexico (unless, of course, Mexico actually does pay for that wall...... in advance). Pretty soon, the US would look worse than  any Third-World country. And that's how Trump would "make America
great again".
What trump has not yet admitted is that he wants to make America "great" only
for his personal business interests.

stew

Quote from: dec on November 09, 2016, 02:31:51 PM
Quote from: stew on November 09, 2016, 02:28:09 PM
As long as they are good people with no records in my opinion they should be able to stay, pay taxes and become citizens.

That's what the Republicans have been referring to as amnesty and they are 100% opposed to that.

I know and I am not a Republican.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: weareros on November 09, 2016, 03:26:15 PM

Did he f**k, the economy was heading toward recession six months before Bush was President! Obama has added tremendously to the deficit, don't discount the numbers.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity