whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2015, 05:06:00 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2015, 03:24:12 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2015, 01:22:15 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2015, 10:25:51 AM
Quote from: muppet on November 09, 2015, 11:24:40 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 09, 2015, 09:47:08 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 09, 2015, 09:06:01 PM
Just received the attached email from the school Dept....thought it may be of interest to those who seem confused by police procedures after a school shooting

Dear Parents and Guardians, You are invited to attend a Parent Information Night focused on the Enhanced Lockdown practices and procedures that will be used in our school district. The meeting has been scheduled on November ...... 2015. The meeting will be held at the school in the cafetorium starting at 6:30 pm. Officer Williams will facilitate this meeting with the school administrators. Officer Williams will explain the Lockdown procedures and will answer any questions that the members of the audience may have. Officer Williams will speak to the students at each school following the Parent Information Night. A practice drill with the students will be scheduled at both schools following the informational sessions with Officer Williams.We hope that you will be able to join us

I went through this in work last year. We had an actual full day with class and a drill, complete with real state cops and everything! We then had to produce an active shooter plan for our specific office, which included an inspection by local police.

Sadly, preparing for this type of eventuality is simply something you need to do these days in the states, particularly when you work in certain jobs which might make you a target.

School is doing the right thing here, just like when they used to drill for nuclear bombs back in the 60s or earthquakes out west.

The school is doing what it has to do. No problem there.

But the solution to the nuclear bomb threat was dialogue and disarmament, oh and token drills.

The solution to earthquakes is better infrastructure, early warnings and yes drills.

The solution to school shootings.............is only drills?

Well, some schools, especially  in poor minority  neighbourhoods, have security  and metal detection stations to try to control students  bringing  in weapons.  Beyond that, the NRA won't allow much else, except  maybe arming all teachers and adult students!

I didn't even want to go there.

Are these the most stupid people ever created?

For example, why is it, especially after 911, that the NRA weren't campaigning for every airline to put a loaded gun under every seat?

I would suggest looking at where the NRA get their funding.

Honestly don't see the difference between calling for everyone in one soft target (schools) to be armed and remaining silent on another soft target (airplanes), from the NRA POV.

Of course attacks on the latter don't see calls for a ban on guns, so they have no interest in those 'bad guys'.

And Whitey, how does the NRA balance with Democracynow? I had never heard of them until I just looked them up, but they are wildly opinionated journalists at worst. Not people supporting frequent mass shootings.
CNN reported it one way.....Democracynow reported it another....read both sides and make up your own mind where he NRA get their money. That is the balance I am referring to

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2015, 05:15:13 PM
Just received the attached email from the school Dept....thought it may be of interest to those who seem confused by police procedures after a school shooting

Dear Parents and Guardians, You are invited to attend a Parent Information Night focused on the Enhanced Lockdown practices and procedures that will be used in our school district. The meeting has been scheduled on November ...... 2015. The meeting will be held at the school in the cafetorium starting at 6:30 pm. Officer Williams will facilitate this meeting with the school administrators. Officer Williams will explain the Lockdown procedures and will answer any questions that the members of the audience may have. Officer Williams will speak to the students at each school following the Parent Information Night. A practice drill with the students will be scheduled at both schools following the informational sessions with Officer Williams.We hope that you will be able to join us

I went through this in work last year. We had an actual full day with class and a drill, complete with real state cops and everything! We then had to produce an active shooter plan for our specific office, which included an inspection by local police.

Sadly, preparing for this type of eventuality is simply something you need to do these days in the states, particularly when you work in certain jobs which might make you a target.

School is doing the right thing here, just like when they used to drill for nuclear bombs back in the 60s or earthquakes out west.

But the solution to the nuclear bomb threat was dialogue and disarmament, oh and token drills.

The solution to earthquakes is better infrastructure, early warnings and yes drills.

Well, some schools, especially  in poor minority  neighbourhoods, have security  and metal detection stations to try to control students  bringing  in weapons.  Beyond that, the NRA won't allow much else, except  maybe arming all teachers and adult students!

For example, why is it, especially after 911, that the NRA weren't campaigning for every airline to put a loaded gun under every seat?

Honestly don't see the difference between calling for everyone in one soft target (schools) to be armed and remaining silent on another soft target (airplanes), from the NRA POV.

Of course attacks on the latter don't see calls for a ban on guns, so they have no interest in those 'bad guys'.

And Whitey, how does the NRA balance with Democracynow? I had never heard of them until I just looked them up, but they are wildly opinionated journalists at worst. Not people supporting frequent mass shootings.
CNN reported it one way.....Democracynow reported it another....read both sides and make up your own mind where he NRA get their money. That is the balance I am referring to

So between the PAC, the lobbying section, the small donators  and the hidden corporate dark money, no one REALLY knows where the funding comes from!

muppet

Ah ok. I misunderstood.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2015, 06:25:54 PM

So between the PAC, the lobbying section, the small donators  and the hidden corporate dark money, no one REALLY knows where the funding comes from!

Actually the CNN piece lays it out pretty clearly that while Corp donations are important they are dwarfed by the individual contributions.  And CNN would hardly be viewed as a friend by the NRA

I'm sure there are some contributions that may fall into that gray area, but from what I have read, and from people I know who are NRA members,  contributions (both direct and indirect) from corporations are DWARFED by those of individual members

Just out of curiosity, what are you implying when you say "just look at whee the NRA gets its funding".

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2015, 07:16:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2015, 06:25:54 PM

Actually the CNN piece lays it out pretty clearly that while Corp donations are important they are dwarfed by the individual contributions.  And CNN would hardly be viewed as a friend by the NRA

I'm sure there are some contributions that may fall into that gray area, but from what I have read, and from people I know who are NRA members,  contributions (both direct and indirect) from corporations are DWARFED by those of individual members

Just out of curiosity, what are you implying when you say "just look at whee the NRA gets its funding".

I didn't find the CNN piece clear-cut at all.

Wasn't implying anything - just merely observing that the NRA's motives and campaigns were very probably dictated by the sources of their money. I'd no idea (and still dont after reading  those pieces!) where the bulk of their funding  comes from.

"Follow the money" is always safe advice!

stew

So a white College official is branded a racist by black students, some of whom are on the football team, they decide to hold the University hostage and refuse to play despite offering no proof that the man is a racist, in fairness they claim he is not doing enough to rid racism from the campus.

One kid goes on hunger strike to get him ousted and he invariably quits, caving to the pressure.

The lunatic left is running the asylum, now the Chancellor has resigned the day as well.

Limbaugh is claiming that the guy was fired for being white, as for me, I do not know if he was a racist but students making decisions on faculty could only happen under this President, it is madness!

I would have thought an investigation appropriate, and any student on a scholarship under me that told me they were refusing to play would have had their scholarship pulled as soon as they missed a practice!

These are dangerous times here in the States, this country is getting more and more effed up by the day under Obama.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heganboy

Quote from: stew on November 10, 2015, 09:15:15 PM
this country is getting more and more effed up by the day under Obama.

Stew,
Obama may be the face of the country, but the large corporations are the ones first swaying and secondly pushing the big decisions, either through direct lobbying, or by influence through political donations. Look at the tax code for the evidence...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Quote from: stew on November 10, 2015, 09:15:15 PM
So a white College official is branded a racist by black students, some of whom are on the football team, they decide to hold the University hostage and refuse to play despite offering no proof that the man is a racist, in fairness they claim he is not doing enough to rid racism from the campus.

One kid goes on hunger strike to get him ousted and he invariably quits, caving to the pressure.

The lunatic left is running the asylum, now the Chancellor has resigned the day as well.

Limbaugh is claiming that the guy was fired for being white, as for me, I do not know if he was a racist but students making decisions on faculty could only happen under this President, it is madness!

I would have thought an investigation appropriate, and any student on a scholarship under me that told me they were refusing to play would have had their scholarship pulled as soon as they missed a practice!

These are dangerous times here in the States, this country is getting more and more effed up by the day under Obama.

I thought he resigned because, heaven help us, the football team refused to play due to his complete  lack of action in the face of some racist incidents on campus?

The sad part of this, to me, is how college authorities would only react once the cash cow football  team threatened to withdraw their services.

What in the name of Jesus does Obama have to do with it? Or is it those uppity blacks refusing to accept racist acts that is the problem?

Dangerous  times??? ;D

And seriously... Limbaugh ???

stew

Uppity blacks? You said that I did not.

The problem here is that the students are now determining who has a job and who does not, they have castigated this guy and called him a racist? Where is the proof?

Again their claims should have been investigated but you cannot allow students to be deciding who has a job and who does not.

By the way, people of all races were involved.

Finally, Limbaugh hosts the biggest radio show in the country so yeah, Limbaugh, you might not like him but he is a powerful republican voice.

muppet

Quote from: stew on November 10, 2015, 10:18:03 PM

The problem here is that the students are now determining who has a job and who does not, they have castigated this guy and called him a racist? Where is the proof?

Again their claims should have been investigated but you cannot allow students to be deciding who has a job and who does not.

Finally, Limbaugh hosts the biggest radio show in the country so yeah, Limbaugh, you might not like him but he is a powerful republican voice.

Stew, are you seriously suggesting that students protesting is evidence that Obama has destroyed the world?

This may come as a shock to you, but the words 'students' and 'protest' have appeared together before y'know.

MWWSI 2017

J70

So what is the connection with Obama then?

And I don't care how "powerful " Limbaugh  is. A credible, reasonable, intelligent  commentator he is not. An expert in demagoguery, rabble rousing and anti-intellectualism, absolutely .

whitey

stew

Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2015, 10:34:21 PM

Fcuk sake, really? Here we go, weak on foreign policy, a liar on Benghazi, he gave up 5 or 6 top Al Queda for one American defector! He tells the enemy he is sending 50 of his top men in to a war zone, announces it on tv the stoopid fooker!The trillions he has heaped on the national debt, more then everyone else before him, forcing Obamacare on some who cannot afford it but have o have it, the way Obamacare was rolled out, the way he has done fack all about the Israeli's, the fact that the number of homeless people has gone up in his tenure.

That should keep you going for a while!

And I don't care how "powerful " Limbaugh  is. A credible, reasonable, intelligent  commentator he is not. An expert in demagoguery, rabble rousing and anti-intellectualism, absolutely .

He has credibility you numpty, the numbers do not lie ffs.

Rabble rousing is not solely the dominion of the right, the left are doing a great job of rabble rousing at the minute themselves don't you think?

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2015, 11:14:03 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sTxAHODo5Ds

Very reasonable people thsoe Missouri protesters-LOL

Wow!

I have never seen such carnage.

Unbelievable that this is even mentioned in the same breath as minor events like mass shooting in schools.
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

Quote from: stew on November 10, 2015, 11:29:02 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2015, 10:34:21 PM

Fcuk sake, really? Here we go, weak on foreign policy, a liar on Benghazi, he gave up 5 or 6 top Al Queda for one American defector! He tells the enemy he is sending 50 of his top men in to a war zone, announces it on tv the stoopid fooker!The trillions he has heaped on the national debt, more then everyone else before him, forcing Obamacare on some who cannot afford it but have o have it, the way Obamacare was rolled out, the way he has done fack all about the Israeli's, the fact that the number of homeless people has gone up in his tenure.

That should keep you going for a while!

He has credibility you numpty, the numbers do not lie ffs.

Rabble rousing is not solely the dominion of the right, the left are doing a great job of rabble rousing at the minute themselves don't you think?

Trump has numbers too is he credible??

Lady GAA Ga has 52.2m followers on Twitter does that make her credible? Numbers mean very little the quality of what you do and say is what makes you credible!!