The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2015, 07:28:52 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 08, 2015, 07:25:57 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2015, 07:22:14 PM

Having lived here for 21 years, if a cop is yelling "get your ass out of here" in my direction, Im going to comply

I will leave the mental health evaluations to the professionals

So it was ok for him to target 1 14 your old black girl and assault her? You actually think that was an appropriate response?

Absolutely it was  appropriate

A 40 year old white guy would get the exact same treatment if he behaved in a similar manner. I have seen it with my own eyes.

The other kids stood doing exactly what she did.

The video had nothing to do with a bar in Boston. It is kids on the street being policed by a rabidly racist cop. He ignored the white kids who were actually filming him, so he could handcuff the black kids for standing up. And you see nothing wrong with that naked racism?
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Meanwhile residents in the area put this up. Why were the cops called in the first place?

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on June 08, 2015, 07:40:15 PM
Meanwhile residents in the area put this up. Why were the cops called in the first place?

Because some kid posted his pool party on social media and half the town showed up. This has happened in Ireland but we managed without any police brutality to the kids involved.

But of course you wouldn't be bothered if he shot her.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on June 08, 2015, 07:32:05 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2015, 07:28:52 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 08, 2015, 07:25:57 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2015, 07:22:14 PM

Having lived here for 21 years, if a cop is yelling "get your ass out of here" in my direction, Im going to comply

I will leave the mental health evaluations to the professionals

So it was ok for him to target 1 14 your old black girl and assault her? You actually think that was an appropriate response?

Absolutely it was  appropriate

A 40 year old white guy would get the exact same treatment if he behaved in a similar manner. I have seen it with my own eyes.

The other kids stood doing exactly what she did.

The video had nothing to do with a bar in Boston. It is kids on the street being policed by a rabidly racist cop. He ignored the white kids who were actually filming him, so he could handcuff the black kids for standing up. And you see nothing wrong with that naked racism?

Direct quote from a black guy who lives in the neighborhood.

"This is not a racist neighborhood," said Benét Embry, a local radio personality who lives in the area and witnessed the incident. "There are a lot of good people in this community. It's unfortunate that an event like this brings the spotlight."

Embry, who is black, said he appreciated the police officers' speedy response in calming a rowdy situation.

"That's what they are supposed to do: protect us. I don't know any other way he could have taken her down or established order," he said.

Embry said that teenagers who do not live in the neighborhood started jumping over the fence to get to the party and were causing a disturbance. He said Dajerria was talking back to Casebolt.

"She's bringing more stress into an already volatile situation," Embry said. "Out of a hundred kids, you probably had seven who are acting the fool. They totally spoiled it for everybody else."

muppet

Kids jumped over a fence?

Seriously?

Did you have a childhood?
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on June 08, 2015, 07:50:45 PM

Seriously?

Why didnt you paraphrase the whole sentence......kids who jumped over the fence AND WERE CAUSING A DUSTURBANCE or did that part of his comment not fit your narrative-LOL

foxcommander

Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2015, 07:56:25 PM

Seriously?

Why didnt you paraphrase the whole sentence......kids who jumped over the fence AND WERE CAUSING A DUSTURBANCE or did that part of his comment not fit your narrative-LOL

I wonder would muppet change his tune if hundreds of teens invaded his neighbourhood and were on his property.   ;)

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Seriously?

Are you arguing that this is why the cop beat up a 14 year old girl? He targeted her during the period we see in the clip. The fence and 'disturbance' are irrelevant at this stage. He has no idea who did what and is simply shouted obscenities at the blank kids.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on June 08, 2015, 08:10:01 PM

Seriously?

Are you arguing that this is why the cop beat up a 14 year old girl? He targeted her during the period we see in the clip. The fence and 'disturbance' are irrelevant at this stage. He has no idea who did what and is simply shouted obscenities at the blank kids.

keep changing the subject and youll end up back where you started

muppet

Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2015, 08:14:43 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 08, 2015, 08:10:01 PM

Seriously?

keep changing the subject and youll end up back where you started

How have I changed the subject?
MWWSI 2017

heganboy

I understand the uproar but really all you have here is a cop who lost his shit along with his temper. Should the cops be called to a hair pulling at a pool party? prob not. Should he lose his shit like that- prob not. Should he pull his weapon- probably not, should he be rubbing a 14 year olds face in the ground and be sitting on her? Balance of probability says no. Is there a case for a slap on the wrist - hell yeah. Public assassination for racism, thats the very same over reaction that he just displayed.

Probably not the best form of employment for the guy but as they say in Armagh - "there's worser out there"
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

muppet

Quote from: heganboy on June 08, 2015, 08:43:29 PM
I understand the uproar but really all you have here is a cop who lost his shit along with his temper. Should the cops be called to a hair pulling at a pool party? prob not. Should he lose his shit like that- prob not. Should he pull his weapon- probably not, should he be rubbing a 14 year olds face in the ground and be sitting on her? Balance of probability says no. Is there a case for a slap on the wrist - hell yeah. Public assassination for racism, thats the very same over reaction that he just displayed.

Probably not the best form of employment for the guy but as they say in Armagh - "there's worser out there"

This is all fair comment.

I saw a Facebook page calling for him to be fired and jailed and thought he should be given precisely  what he denied those black kids, due process.

Just because he is an out of control reactionary doesn't mean everyone else should be.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on June 08, 2015, 08:47:08 PM

I saw a Facebook page calling for him to be fired and jailed and thought he should be given precisely  what he denied those black kids, due process.

Just because he is an out of control reactionary doesn't mean everyone else should be.

He has no business being in a position of authority and is unfit to be a policeman in my opinion, if I was black I could never have faith in this man, I have none and I am white!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

macdanger2

He badly needs to learn how to deal with a crowd. It was a non-threatening situation and he made it into something more.

If he were in a genuinely difficult situation, he's likely to shoot someone imo

muppet

Quote from: stew on June 08, 2015, 09:13:44 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 08, 2015, 08:47:08 PM

He has no business being in a position of authority and is unfit to be a policeman in my opinion, if I was black I could never have faith in this man, I have none and I am white!

Agree 100% Stew.
MWWSI 2017