The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: J70 on May 04, 2015, 10:21:20 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 04, 2015, 10:14:05 PM
But *why* do the police have policies like that? Especially given the large amount of black cops in Baltimore. You have to think it's a larger issue than just the police like to pick on black people.

There has to be a holistic view of this, and it has to try and take the gun crime away from the streets as much as possible. If less criminals own guns, less cops would feel the need to brutalise or shoot suspects, in my view at least.

It would take time of course, but berating the cops while expecting them to keep law and order is just not going to be productive, in an atmosphere where they feel like they are basically at war with criminals, and they are the only ones expected to follow rules. It's a recipe for disaster.

But the cops, who get plenty of leeway if you talk to any of them, HAVE to follow the rules as agents of the law, surely?

And of course policies such as Stop and Frisk are based around poor neighbourhoods, which, in many US cities, happen to be predominantly black. But where does that leave the majority of black people who are law-abiding, yet are continually harrassed by cops when they've done nothing? Or see people they know go down for far more severe sentences than white people get for the same crimes?

I don't know what the answer is. But what is happening isn't working.

Of course they have to follow the rules, but that's my point. The frustration level must be huge when they are constrained and the opposition isn't. If the rules break down though, we'll be back to Wyatt Earp.

The bit in bold, I think we all agree :)

stew

Quote from: gallsman on May 02, 2015, 08:41:54 AM
Fine stew, let me be the first to call you on it. You and fox and whitey and all the others here are disgracefully resist c***ts, whether you admit it or not.

Nobody is claiming Freddie Gray or Michael Brown or any of the others were saints. That does not mean their lives were there for the cops to do whatever the f**k they pleased with them.

What is a resist c***ts?

Tit, show me were I have been racist not resist you abomination of a human being!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Fine stew, let me be the first to call you on it. You and fox and whitey and all the others here are disgracefully resist c***ts, whether you admit it or not.

Nobody is claiming Freddie Gray or Michael Brown or any of the others were saints. That does not mean their lives were there for the cops to do whatever the f**k they pleased with them.

I never said that they were there for the taking and I resist being called a resist you absolute tosser!!! )

Prove me a racist, I f**king dare ya you useless bastard!!

Ya cant because I am anything but!

You liberal piece of shite, prove me a racist Gallsman!

stew

Quote from: whitey on May 02, 2015, 09:32:58 AM

LOL...so were the 6 police officers charged last night rascist too?

You do realize that 3/6 were in fact black, including the guy facing the most serious charges.

The f**k he does, he is, apart from a certain Kerryman, the most ignorant hoor on this board!

stew

Quote from: gallsman on May 02, 2015, 10:43:09 AM
Quote from: whitey on May 02, 2015, 09:32:58 AM

LOL...so were the 6 police officers charged last night rascist too?

You do realize that 3/6 were in fact black, including the guy facing the most serious charges.

I know you play fast and loose with logic but given at no point when calling you out on your racism did I reference the cops in any way, I'm not sure how you think I've drawn that conclusion.

Evidence of alleged racism please Gallbladder!

LeoMc

At least Texan law officials can handle an arrest without killing anyone or inflaming the situation. 

muppet

Quote from: LeoMc on May 21, 2015, 01:52:20 PM
At least Texan law officials can handle an arrest without killing anyone or inflaming the situation. 

For some reason that photo reminds me of Junior football.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: LeoMc on May 21, 2015, 01:52:20 PM

I thought a few of the bikers WERE killed by the cops?

whitey

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Police-Officer-Shot-304450711.html?device=tablet&c=y

Female officer whose premature baby was due to be released from the hospital today, gunned down in Nebraska executing an arrest warrant.

heganboy

i think the surprising thing about gun crime in the US is that there is not more. when there are 89 guns per 100 (highest in the world)people in the country, and the incarceration rate is the highest in the world, with over 2.2 million prisoners you would expect this to happen more...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 21, 2015, 04:55:20 PM
http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Police-Officer-Shot-304450711.html?device=tablet&c=y

Female officer whose premature baby was due to be released from the hospital today, gunned down in Nebraska executing an arrest warrant.

Was reading about her.

Very sad.  :'(

muppet

Quote from: J70 on May 21, 2015, 06:24:00 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 21, 2015, 04:55:20 PM

Was reading about her.

Very sad.  :'(

Very sad indeed.
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Really shocking and very sad

Highlights another issue in the US that affects many many people, and that is lack of Maternity Leave for mothers. This poor woman was working after giving birth because she wanted to spend her vacation time (or scant maternity leave) with her baby and not use it up while her baby was in hospital.

whitey

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BBPEWYPkP5M

AZOffally......I was thinking of you when I saw this.

This is as close to insanity as I have ever seen.......heavily armed civilians having a "draw Mohamed" event outside a Mosque looking to provoke a reaction.

gallsman

Quote from: whitey on June 01, 2015, 02:10:16 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BBPEWYPkP5M

AZOffally......I was thinking of you when I saw this.

This is as close to insanity as I have ever seen.......heavily armed civilians having a "draw Mohamed" event outside a Mosque looking to provoke a reaction.

That's f**king terrifying.