The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

I see your Freddy Grey's rap sheet and I raise you the killer cops' rap sheets.

Officer Caesar R. Goodson Jr. is charged with second-degree depraved heart murder, involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault, manslaughter by vehicle and misconduct in office.

Officer William G. Porter is charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.

Lt. Brian W. Rice is charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault, misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

Officer Edward M. Nero is charged with second-degree assault, misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

Officer Garrett E. Miller is charged with second-degree assault, misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

Sgt. Alicia D. White is charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.

Bit more serious than selling a bit of weed, wouldn't you say?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on May 01, 2015, 07:02:48 PM

The American experiment worked because in former times emigrants worked hard, learned English, assimilated, contributed to society, sacrificed for their families and made it a better place.

If only today's immigrants worked long hours doing back-breaking work in the fields for a pittance, or earning so little money in the hospitality or fast food industry that they can barely get by.  Lazy hallions the lot of them. If only they'd go out and work in those bottom-end jobs like so many hard working white Americans do. Grrrr!!!!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on May 01, 2015, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 01, 2015, 07:08:55 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on May 01, 2015, 06:45:25 PM
I haven't been in the US since 97 but I don't think any of those crimes warrant a death sentence?

At least with an execution, you don't linger with a broken back.

Never mind the blatant racism on this thread, the pure callous indifference to the suffering of others is disgraceful. I know it's fun, but just because you're behind a keyboard, there is no need to let your inner sociopath out to play.

A man - MAN in case you were mistaken that it was some poor beast - went into a police van whole, for a minor offense, and came out with his spine snapped. There would be more humanity shown to a dog on the street than he got, either there or here on this board.

And as for the poisonous rationalizations "Well if he was shot by a drug gang, yadda, yadda, yadda..." I would hope that as citizens of such a freedom loving country, you would hold your constabulary to higher standards than gang bangers. The reason some policemen are heroes is that they recognise that higher standard, espouse that standard, live that standard. But it seems to me in the rush to isolate the "Other" in US society, everyone in blue becomes a hero in the fight against this nebulous "Other" - gang members, blacks, terrorists, Muslims, gays, liberals - and the medals are pinned on chests without being earned.

Now you have an entire institutional wing of the state (police forces in the US) incapable of gaining or keeping the trust of a sizable minority, whilst they are applauded for things they have not done and do not represent.

Whilst an entire generation of Irish who went over and sheltered under "Liberty's" banner cannot wait to pull up the ladder behind them and assimilate. And this not a generation on from when a government apparatus on our own island threw lads in the back of vans for rides very similar to the one Freddie Gray got, whilst squaddies who didn't know the Falls from Niagra, did the dying for their masters.

Gore Vidal (i love quoting liberals!!) called it the "United States of Amnesia". It seems like a few contributors have gone native in that country.

The American experiment worked because in former times emigrants worked hard, learned English, assimilated, contributed to society, sacrificed for their families and made it a better place.

Look no further than that cvnt who's on trial for the Boston Marathon Bombing, and maybe you'll understand what type of emigrants that are currently being let in.

Phoney asylum seekers, immediately go on welfare, instead of assimilating they become radicalized, given the best educations money can (or the taxpayer) buy and still not good enough for them.

Mother flees back to wherever she fled from to avoid a shoplifting charge, one daughter pinched for drugs, another daughter charged with forgery, Tamerlan (aka  Speedbump) main suspect in a double homicide.

Are you saying that the Boston Bombers typify the current type of immigrant to the US?

Where did I say that?

Must be a pain in the neck to have such a short memory. I've highlighted your own racist words in your own post above.

whitey

Quote from: easytiger95 on May 01, 2015, 07:13:46 PM
Brilliantly answered - use the worst case example to tar an entire generation of emigrants, in a country that was founded on waves upon waves of immigration.

Not even you would hold up the US Public Education system as the best money could buy. And good work using my criticisms of Irish immigrants attitudes to segue into a criticism of current immigrants, thus avoiding the point of my post - a man went whole into the back of a police van for a minor charge and came out with a snapped spine. And some people on here - including you (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and I'll apologise) think "Good enough for him."

Not good enough for him - not good enough for any human.

Did you ever think the attitudes of Irish Immigrants may be formed by the fact that they actually live here and deal with this stuff every day.

You have the luxury of expressing your views from 3,000 miles away. You dont have to live in a dodgy neighborhood or ride the subway late at night.  I think you said yourself that you hadnt been here since 1987.   

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but to flippantly dismiss the opinions of Irish immigrants as "wanting to pull up the ladder" behind them is disingenous to day the least

BTW...I used to live about 1/4 mile from where this happened

http://www.dotnews.com/2011/man-critical-following-shooting-nahant-avenue

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 08:43:32 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 01, 2015, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 01, 2015, 07:08:55 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on May 01, 2015, 06:45:25 PM
I haven't been in the US since 97 but I don't think any of those crimes warrant a death sentence?

At least with an execution, you don't linger with a broken back.

Never mind the blatant racism on this thread, the pure callous indifference to the suffering of others is disgraceful. I know it's fun, but just because you're behind a keyboard, there is no need to let your inner sociopath out to play.

A man - MAN in case you were mistaken that it was some poor beast - went into a police van whole, for a minor offense, and came out with his spine snapped. There would be more humanity shown to a dog on the street than he got, either there or here on this board.

And as for the poisonous rationalizations "Well if he was shot by a drug gang, yadda, yadda, yadda..." I would hope that as citizens of such a freedom loving country, you would hold your constabulary to higher standards than gang bangers. The reason some policemen are heroes is that they recognise that higher standard, espouse that standard, live that standard. But it seems to me in the rush to isolate the "Other" in US society, everyone in blue becomes a hero in the fight against this nebulous "Other" - gang members, blacks, terrorists, Muslims, gays, liberals - and the medals are pinned on chests without being earned.

Now you have an entire institutional wing of the state (police forces in the US) incapable of gaining or keeping the trust of a sizable minority, whilst they are applauded for things they have not done and do not represent.

Whilst an entire generation of Irish who went over and sheltered under "Liberty's" banner cannot wait to pull up the ladder behind them and assimilate. And this not a generation on from when a government apparatus on our own island threw lads in the back of vans for rides very similar to the one Freddie Gray got, whilst squaddies who didn't know the Falls from Niagra, did the dying for their masters.

Gore Vidal (i love quoting liberals!!) called it the "United States of Amnesia". It seems like a few contributors have gone native in that country.

Look no further than that cvnt who's on trial for the Boston Marathon Bombing, and maybe you'll understand what type of emigrants that are currently being let in.

Phoney asylum seekers, immediately go on welfare, instead of assimilating they become radicalized, given the best educations money can (or the taxpayer) buy and still not good enough for them.

Mother flees back to wherever she fled from to avoid a shoplifting charge, one daughter pinched for drugs, another daughter charged with forgery, Tamerlan (aka  Speedbump) main suspect in a double homicide.

Are you saying that the Boston Bombers typify the current type of immigrant to the US?

Where did I say that?

Must be a pain in the neck to have such a short memory. I've highlighted your own racist words in your own post above.

Since when is calling someone a cvnt racist. He' as white as you and I are.

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 08:41:47 PM

If only today's immigrants worked long hours doing back-breaking work in the fields for a pittance, or earning so little money in the hospitality or fast food industry that they can barely get by.  Lazy hallions the lot of them. If only they'd go out and work in those bottom-end jobs like so many hard working white Americans do. Grrrr!!!!

You conveniently didnt address the " learned English, assimilated, contributed to society, sacrificed for their families and made it a better place" part of my post.  Congrats

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 08:38:43 PM

Is that an admittance that he WAS a drug dealer?

I think he sold a bit more than weed...but that's alright yeah?

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

armaghniac

Quote from: J70 on May 01, 2015, 08:13:14 PM
Ok, one family went bad.  So what?

Not that previous generations of immigrants were all upstanding citizens. I think that the US should have banned immigration from Donegal after Mad Dog Coll. 

Quote from: WhiteyDid you ever think the attitudes of Irish Immigrants may be formed by the fact that they actually live here and deal with this stuff every day.

You have the luxury of expressing your views from 3,000 miles away. You dont have to live in a dodgy neighborhood or ride the subway late at night.  I think you said yourself that you hadnt been here since 1987.

You don't have to either, you actually chose to move there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: whitey on May 01, 2015, 08:48:29 PM

You conveniently didnt address the " learned English, assimilated, contributed to society, sacrificed for their families and made it a better place" part of my post.  Congrats

You mean the auld slavery right?
MWWSI 2017

Muck Savage

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 06:31:46 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on May 01, 2015, 06:26:18 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 06:15:20 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on May 01, 2015, 03:29:11 PM
Let's stand up for the rights of drug dealers and violent robbers.  :o

Pay attention.

Freddy Grey was not a drug dealer.

Freddy Grey was not a violent robber.

His offense was to look at a police officer, and he paid with his life. This is the kind of thing that went on in Nazi death camps, not what you expect of the forces of law and order in a country that preposterously claims to be a beacon of freedom in the world.

But in your eyes he was black, so that makes him guilty of... something or other. Yours is the George Zimmerman approach, the same racist attitude that the right spews every day towards Obama. It's the attitude of "I think the black guy's up to no good."

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I think you need to pay a little more attention as you're a little deluded.

Here's the rap sheet. Apology will be accepted when you're ready.

• March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance

• March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault

• January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing

• January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute

• December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute

• December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing

• January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana

• September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape

• April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation

• July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute

• March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute

• February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation

• August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana

• August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)

Nice try. That's an arrest record, not a conviction record.

Next thing you'll be telling us is Al Capone was a nice lad only filed his taxes wrong.

Dude, he was caught multiple times with illegal substances on him, sometimes to distribute (Sell/Deal). He was know to the cops because of this, they meet him, he looks at them, he runs - Not in the least suspicious? Enough reason to chase?

It not enough reason to kill the man but don't try to make this guy out to be a guy who never did anything wrong, you loose all credibility.

whitey

Quote from: armaghniac on May 01, 2015, 08:57:42 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 01, 2015, 08:13:14 PM
Ok, one family went bad.  So what?

Not that previous generations of immigrants were all upstanding citizens. I think that the US should have banned immigration from Donegal after Mad Dog Coll. 

Quote from: WhiteyDid you ever think the attitudes of Irish Immigrants may be formed by the fact that they actually live here and deal with this stuff every day.

You don't have to either, you actually chose to move there.

So you think that everyone who emigrates does that out of a sense of adventure.....you need to get out more

I actually helped out a lad from the North as best I could last year. Lost everything is the crash and as a self employed person qualified for about £30 dole per week if I recall correctly. (Some guy went belly up owing him about £200k)

Wife and 2 kids and about to lose his house back hime, he came out for 3 months to see if he could dig out of a hole, but without transport just couldnt make a go of it. 

whitey

Quote from: muppet on May 01, 2015, 08:58:46 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 01, 2015, 08:48:29 PM

You mean the auld slavery right?

Dont know too many Irish people or immigrants who owned slaves.  Did you pass junior cert history, or did you get a special needs waiver?

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 01, 2015, 06:11:38 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on May 01, 2015, 11:03:17 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on May 01, 2015, 08:42:58 AM
Quote from: lfdown2 on May 01, 2015, 08:12:02 AM
Should we kill all drug dealers and thieves?

Let's qualify this - thief in this instance means store robber (referring to Ferguson incident)

hmmmmm...you think is it that tough to choose?

f**k it, sure run a red light, shoot the ****.

And those thieving Bankers, f**k it shoot them all as well...

That's the ticket foxcommander, its back to to good ole days of the wild west.

Here's the best part. Freddy Grey didn't even do anything illegal or anything wrong. All he did was made eye contact with an officer and took off running. Looks a little odd, but hardly illegal, no grounds for arrest.

Really, so this lad catches the eye of a cop, has prior form and decides to do a runner but it is simply 'a little odd'  ;)

I just had lunch today with a cop who lost his best friend in Fon Du Lac Wisconsin not so long ago, his 21 year old friend was on his first day on the job in a cop car on his own, a few hours into his shift he was a first responder to a robbery and drew his gun but waited until the perp fired before firing instead of shooting first, result.................. He died and he killed the sc**bag who killed him, some of you bies would do well to walk in the shoes of a cop and see how you would react when the scum of the earth starts coming at you!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Muck Savage

Officer Caesar R. Goodson Jr. is charged with second-degree depraved heart murder, involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault, manslaughter by vehicle and misconduct in office.

Officer William G. Porter is charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.

Lt. Brian W. Rice is charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault, misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

Officer Edward M. Nero is charged with second-degree assault, misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

Officer Garrett E. Miller is charged with second-degree assault, misconduct in office and false imprisonment.

Sgt. Alicia D. White is charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.

Two pages back you are claiming he wasn't a dealer, now he's selling stuff - what is he??

Yes these are farm more serious crimes, and I hope brought to Justice if true.

stew

Quote from: Muck Savage on May 01, 2015, 09:14:13 PM

Two pages back you are claiming he wasn't a dealer, now he's selling stuff - what is he??

Yes these are farm more serious crimes, and I hope brought to Justice if true.

Stick around muck savage, you aint seen nothing yet with the left wing nuts on here!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.